You explain this -- or not!

My journey through my hand histories from the past two weeks has been interesting to say the least. Here's a hand I just have to share.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4c, 4h.
4 folds, MP2 (AhTc) calls, MP3 (9d6h) raises, 4 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 7d, Ad, Qh (2 players)
MP2 checks, MP3 bets, MP2 raises, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 4d (2 players)
MP2 bets, MP3 calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 5d (2 players)
MP2 bets, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

Results below:
MP2 has Tc Ah (one pair, aces).
MP3 has 9d 6h (flush, ace high).
Outcome: MP3 wins 8.70 BB.

Comments

• my take on this hand is ,if MP3 continues to bet this way on hands like this he /she will be very broke.Actually if you them again send them over to my table.
  • I see nothing strange here.

MP3 flops a straight draw, flush draw, and a 1 pair draw. The flush draw gets there.

MP3 needs to raise to protect this hand pre-flop, since it is capable of picking up so many simultaneous draws.

MP2 makes a nice river bet for value. Even not looking at the board, MP2 realizes he has at least Ace-high.

ScottyZ
  • I need to really work on my sarcasm detector. You had me going for a moment there Scotty.

"...and a 1 pair draw..." lol
  • Zithal wrote:
    I need to really work on my sarcasm detector. You had me going for a moment there Scotty.

Not sarcasm at all. I just decided to choose the "or not!" part. ;)

I'm tired of making sense, and needed to change gears.
    "...and a 1 pair draw..." lol

The truly sick thing is that this kind of thinking (though probably not literally thinking this) is exactly why MP3 calls on the flop & turn.

And by sick, I mean profitable. And not for MP3.

ScottyZ

Disclaimer: The statement "Not sarcastic at all" may have been sarcastic. Or not.
  • brings a tear to my eye, knowing that i'm not the only one chasing a the 1 pair draw.

but magi what i really want to know is what are you doing cold calling 2 bets with 44.
    ScottyZ wrote:
    I see nothing strange here.

MP3 flops a straight draw, flush draw, and a 1 pair draw. The flush draw gets there.

MP3 needs to raise to protect this hand pre-flop, since it is capable of picking up so many simultaneous draws.

MP2 makes a nice river bet for value. Even not looking at the board, MP2 realizes he has at least Ace-high.

ScottyZ
  • Chugs wrote:
    but magi what i really want to know is what are you doing cold calling 2 bets with 44.

i don't think he did, he wasn't even in this hand, i don't think.....
  • I guess that bizarre undercards hoping for runner runner 4 flush to a mid card play happens in 5/10 as well.

Probably the very strangest hand I saw in my recent limit grind (keep in mind this was 1/2 only) was a capping preflop between two wild players (one was the BB).

Flop was QQK

Went bet raise reraise call.

Turn was K

Bet raise call

river 10

bet raise reraise reraise call.

One had 77 other had 88 so they split the pot and after they paid the rake I think they each lost a quarter which seemed like the proper outcome.
  • I can very easily explain that hand by putting the most important factor in bold

Party Poker
    5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4c, 4h.
    4 folds, MP2 (AhTc) calls, MP3 (9d6h) raises, 4 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 7d, Ad, Qh (2 players)
    MP2 checks, MP3 bets, MP2 raises, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 4d (2 players)
    MP2 bets, MP3 calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 5d (2 players)
    MP2 bets, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

Results below:
    MP2 has Tc Ah (one pair, aces).
    MP3 has 9d 6h (flush, ace high).
    Outcome: MP3 wins 8.70 BB.
  • Chugs wrote:
    brings a tear to my eye, knowing that i'm not the only one chasing a the 1 pair draw.

With all those draws, I actually folded pre-flop. Then again, I probably fold too much, cause the implied odds are huge here (insert sarcasm smily).

Cheers
    Magi
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    The truly sick thing is that this kind of thinking (though probably not literally thinking this) is exactly why MP3 calls on the flop & turn.

And by sick, I mean profitable. And not for MP3.

ScottyZ

Disclaimer: The statement "Not sarcastic at all" may have been sarcastic. Or not.

Love the disclaimer, instead of the footnote!

It's a wacky hand, when the forum has trouble following the action. MP3 actually bet the turn. The great thing about this hand is that MP2 bet the river, and MP3 making his wild ass draw calls it down, instead of raising.

IMO, I don't think I can actually follow ANY line of thought on this hand -- hence the "or not" part of the post.

Sometimes it's just best to sit back, watch and enjoy the action. I just had to post this one.

Cheers
    Magi