Reporting players to Support

I was playing in a tourney tonight and one of the big stacks types in the chat that he has to go and would his friend (who is railing and chatting with him) like to play the rest of the tourney for him.

This is a clear violations of PokerStars terms and conditions.

Would you report this or not ?

Comments

• I dont like being a tattle tale so no i probably would not.
    But
    If his friend is bettrthanphil than I might rethink that.
    or
    If it was a large stake than I might rethink.
  • theres no evidence tho ???

nm: thought he was telling you all he was doin it...obv his friend is on another ip addy....but what ever that kinda cheating goes on non stop....not gonna really effect you...
  • heh, I report people for cursing at me and calling me an idiot and or a "&#¤%ing donkey" in chat. Sure I could just chatblock a player I have a problem with but that wouldn't change the fact that he's disrespecting me in front of the rest of the table and the rail
  • I report people more for the tactical purpose. Some people it just tilts the living hell out of and then you get more chips.

Also, I'm an ass, so that might have something to do with it too.

As for the initial issue, damned straight I report it. If he was lying, whatever. If he wasn't, support boots his ass and you never see him again :)
  • My favourite thing to say in the chat:

"reported"
  • I will report if 2 players are obviously colluding with each other. IE, folding to small all ins, or checking down strong hands. It's tough to prove, but if you can convince the mod, the game (esp SNGs) get real easy as they are banned.

It used to be easier to figure out when P* listed the city with the avatar. Just google the towns and see if they live close to one another. Pretty good indicator.
  • When BB folds to a 2-3 BB all in I usually type in chat that chipdumping is illegal, but most of the time they're just so retarded that they don't know better
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I was playing in a tourney tonight and one of the big stacks types in the chat that he has to go and would his friend (who is railing and chatting with him) like to play the rest of the tourney for him.

This is a clear violations of PokerStars terms and conditions.

Would you report this or not ?

It's not strictly illegal.

Examples of things which are beyond your control and therefore allowed, subject to PokerStars being able to corroborate with evidence, include:
    1. A thunderstorm strikes your location and takes the power down for the surrounding area, so you call a friend to take over your account while you make alternative arrangements.
    2. Your child is taken ill and you have to attend hospital, so you call a friend to take over your account.
    3. You are playing in a tournament and lose internet access in your home due to a failure of your ISP. You call a friend and he takes over while you make alternative arrangements.
  • moose wrote: »
    It's not strictly illegal.

Examples of things which are beyond your control and therefore allowed, subject to PokerStars being able to corroborate with evidence, include:
    1. A thunderstorm strikes your location and takes the power down for the surrounding area, so you call a friend to take over your account while you make alternative arrangements.
    2. Your child is taken ill and you have to attend hospital, so you call a friend to take over your account.
    3. You are playing in a tournament and lose internet access in your home due to a failure of your ISP. You call a friend and he takes over while you make alternative arrangements.

is this a direct stars quotation?
  • trigs wrote: »
    is this a direct stars quotation?

From their ToS
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    From their ToS

wow, i find that so crazy.