Okay - we did it! Tin Cup

In addition to the Royal ... come on up to Central Ontario for the Inaugural 705 Tin Cup of Poker ... we are not trying to be the Royal but just another good fun team event in addition to it.

Inaugural 705 Tin Cup of Poker - 705 Ontario Poker (Churchill, ON) - Meetup

Comments

• I moved your event into it's own thread so as not to clutter up the Royal... lol

Churchill, Ont? Isn't that just north of Acton?
  • compuease wrote: »
    I moved your event into it's own thread so as not to clutter up the Royal... lol

Churchill, Ont? Isn't that just north of Acton?

LOL - Churchill - AKA Gilford - AKA Innisfil ... let's call it Innisfil as most know where that is ... and for those who don't think south of Barrie towards Lake Simcoe.
  • We have 2 teams registered - only 9 teams will be accepted ... here are the basics ...

The 705 Tin Cup of Poker is a team event where each player from each team plays in 4 Single Table Sit N Go games. Teams consist of 6 players. There will be a maximum of 9 teams.

There will be 4 rounds of Single Table Sit N Go games. Team members will never play against any member of their own team. Players will be allocated points for each round based on their finish position in each game. Points depend on the number of teams entered. For instance, if there are 9 teams entered, the points for a game will be allocated as follows: 1st: 9, 2nd: 7, 3rd: 6, 4th: 5, 5th: 4, 6th: 3, 7th: 2, 8th: 1, 9th: 0. First place always gets an extra point and first out gets zero points.

The points for all team members are added together after each round and posted on a team leaderboard. The team with the most points at the end of the day will be the winner. The top 3 teams will be paid with the 3rd place team getting their money back and the 2nd place team collecting 35% of the remaining prize pool. First place will receive 65% of the remaining prize pool.

Round 1 (NLHE)
    No Limit Hold'em Sit N Go - 15 minute blinds - maximum 2 hour game (chip counts to determine placing if maximum time reached). There will be 6 tables – one member of each team at each table.

Round 2 (Mixed)
    There will be 6 games - one member of each team at each game. There will be 2 games of Limit Hold'em, 2 games of PLO (pot limit Omaha high) and 2 games of Limit Five Card Stud. Maximum 2 hour game (chip counts to determine placing if maximum time reached).

Round 3 (Ring Game NLHE and PLO)
    No Limit Hold'em and Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game Equivalents. This is a mock cash game format - chip counts (or order of bust outs) will determine finish positions. All games are 50 hands only. Stakes are the equivalent of 1/2 with a 300 starting stack. There will be 6 tables - one member of each team at each table. There will be 3 games of NLHE and 3 games of PLO.

Round 4 (NLHE)
    No Limit Hold'em Sit N Go - 20 minute blinds - maximum 2 hour & 40 minute game (chip counts to determine placing if maximum time reached). There will be 6 tables - one member of each team at each table.
  • OMG - 3 teams now ... :)
  • Should be fun to see the Bomb Squad square off with OPT. Should also be fun to watch them play poker . . . LOL
  • Wait a minute, is this run by the bomb squad?
    Wait a minute, is this run by the bomb squad?

Nope not even close. In fact I just dropped off some OPT swag to one of the organizers today :)
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Nope not even close. In fact I just dropped off some OPT swag to one of the organizers today :)

phew, thought we were in for a war... >:D

Now, has the bomb squad (with A9 bummer playing) entered a team? Or is it only Milo trying to stir up sh**? lol

The Rocks may be interested, if only for the entertainment value. Now I assume all entry funds are being returned as prize money?
  • Me ?!? Stir the pot ?!? Perish the thought. Link shows that A10 doofus et al are signed up . . . unless I read it wrong.
  • Yes A10 has signed up

We will have to wait for Floyd to respond about the buy in but I am pretty 100% of buy in is paid out
  • Rocks are in!!! Don't have a team put together but will... This could be very entertaining, I see that both OPT and the Rocks entered shortly after bomber did... Wonder it will ever really happen. I don't want to miss it if it does...

Now we need a Ktch/Wloo/Cambridge team.
  • Might be worth going to just to rail . . . should be entertaining.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Might be worth going to just to rail . . . should be entertaining.

Maybe AJ (or you) should enter a Ching team?
  • Ching Hill is AJ's . . . and I am not the Captain type.
  • 7 teams registered - only spots for 2 more teams - better hurry!

All buy ins are paid back to the prize pool (no rake) of course. We will have the option to pitch in for pizza and soft drinks and the hall as per our normal events. Each team can bring their own food and drinks in coolers or whatever ... best to arrange that with screenman.

Wow - what a quick response ... should sell out today ... a waiting list would be nice as well ...
  • Milo wrote: »
    Should be fun to see the Bomb Squad square off with OPT. Should also be fun to watch them play poker . . . LOL
    compuease wrote: »
    phew, thought we were in for a war... >:D
    Milo wrote: »
    Me ?!? Stir the pot ?!? Perish the thought. Link shows that A10 et al are signed up . . . unless I read it wrong.

Okay guys - we need to keep the costs down - we don't want to have to hire security for this event ... :o ... :)
  • Okay guys - we need to keep the costs down - we don't want to have to hire security for this event ... :o ... :)

No worries the war is on the felts only.. :) Innisfil is a tank free zone isn't it?
    No worries the war is on the felts only.. :) Innisfil is a tank free zone isn't it?

Yes - so only "hand to hand" combat ... groan :confused:??? ... LOL
  • Yes - so only "hand to hand" combat ... groan :confused:??? ... LOL

Hehe, nice play on words there.... Bomber AA vs Rocks J,4. :)
  • If anyone needs a player for this I would love to play.
    Thanks, Brent
  • The Donkey Launchers aka Simcoe Poker Crew will be at the tin cup. We wouldn't want to miss this! The Bombsquad, OPT fireworks should add an amazing element!!!
  • The Tin Cup is now overflowing ... we have 9 teams registered and 1 waiting ... if you are a team captain I need to get your $60 deposit this week or I will bump you to the waiting list and insert the waiting team. Message me here and I will give you and email address where you can send an email transfer.

Great response! :)
  • I will give the money to you or mark at this weeks OPT game