Semi Custom League Chips; Thoughts?

As some of you are aware, I've been working on a small project to make a semi custom set of poker chips for the league games. Based on the current game structure, these chips would have our standard denominations and colours, with only the 500 chip changing colour.

These are semi custom. The 8v group buy enabled me to get a great deal on a chip design I've been looking at for awhile, and the only real customizing is the inlay, which I've been working with a designer from Europe on for the past couple of weeks.

Here's the design in its latest version. Other than Milo, anyone realize the symbolism of the tree?
mockups_v4-32.jpg

Thoughts and suggestions. This is still in the planning stage, and the designer is actually working on something else over this weekend to show me, but I wanted to get your opinions on this semi customized league set.

Comments

• Larger example of previous version to give you some more clarity. FYI, these won't be on a scroll mold like in the picture, but a Greek L mold I believe.
    mockups_v4-1_zoom100.jpg
  • Okay, with the larger picture of the hundo I can see the "sunburst" you had talked about and I like it. While not a fan of the edge spot colour combos, I like the chip colours in general. Think it is a simple, clean design, that represents the League well in all aspects. Wish you would have gone with "Bramalea, ON" to make it perfect but, meh . . . I say pull the trigger before I spill the beans.
  • There was really no discussion on the chip colours at the time. This went from "Interest" to "Group Buy" in almost record time. Hindsight, I agree, some of the edgespots could have been discussed in greater depth, but I still like them.

As far as "Bramalea" vs "Brampton"...Bramalea no longer exists...get over it!

Just like Galt and Hespler no longer exist!!
  • Don't like the yellow on the edge spots for the 5er. Others look nice.

No 1K or 5K chips?

I would love it if you could put "They're not Paulson's!" in small print around the chip, but I realize that would be expensive and clutter up the design. Maybe on a custom dealer button?

I was going to make a joke re: the tree, but I gather it means something sentimental?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Don't like the yellow on the edge spots for the 5er. Others look nice.
    No choice in the edgespot colours this time.
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    No 1K or 5K chips?
    Not with the blind structure of the league.
    I would love it if you could put "They're not Paulson's!" in small print around the chip, but I realize that would be expensive and clutter up the design. Maybe on a custom dealer button?
    Custom dealer buttons would be nice. Maybe I'll look at getting a few ceramic pucks made up with the same design minus the denoms.
    I was going to make a joke re: the tree, but I gather it means something sentimental?
    Get your mind out of the gutter, Johnnie. The tall pine actually MEANS something. ^-^
  • Colour matching the tree seems odd. Colour match the denoms or the starburst instead.

They kind of remind of the the PGI Private Cardroom chips.

100K_Mockup.jpg
  • This is the latest version. Not sure, but the sunburst I thought would ADD to the chip, but for some reason, it seems to take away from it. Opinions??

mockups_v44.jpg
  • Yeah, the starburst definitely seems more "up front" in the latest shot. Definitely distracts from the Tall Pine. Perhaps a shot without the starburst to compare?
  • Colour matching the denoms is nicer. Just need to go back to the original starbursts.
  • God Damn It!!! Looks like this little project of mine is going to have be cancelled now. Fucking trolls on CT!!! :mad: Ruining a great deal for a bunch of us!!
    :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:
  • Looks like PGI is going to honour the 8V artwork afterall. This is the latest version, and I must say, I'm quite pleased with it. Alain has done a great job.

Changes include a deeper green on the tree, a lighter shade for the sunburst, white shadow on all denoms, and a halo to pronounce the league name and city more. I think this should just about do it. Excited to see the finished product.

ver45set.jpg

ver45chip.jpg
  • Just got a shipping notification! Very quick turnaround from PGI on these I must say. Should be about a week before they get here, pending customs of course. Expect Chip Pron upon arrival!! Who knows...maybe they'll show up before the start of the new season. One can hope!
  • so, what's with the tree? guess you can't move from Brampton now.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    so, what's with the tree? guess you can't move from Brampton now.

Note Milo's post above. That explains it.
    Moving any time soon isn't in the cards. If I did move, I would either keep them or sell them to someone who wants to keep the league going.
  • After a VERY busy week, I was finally able to pick up my parcel and get some pics done before game time on Thursday!! Man, I love these chips!!

Opened the first box and found sheets of labels, and immediately thought OMG...I have to put these on myself?? Fortunately, they're extras. Thank God
    ChingHillPokerChips871.jpg
    1000 Semi Custom poker league chips! Been wanting this ever since I started my little league
    ChingHillPokerChips874.jpg
    Stacked and accounted for
    ChingHillPokerChips875.jpg
    ChingHillPokerChips880.jpg
    ChingHillPokerChips882.jpg
    ChingHillPokerChips887.jpg
    ChingHillPokerChips888.jpg
    ChingHillPokerChips889.jpg
    ChingHillPokerChips890.jpg
    Dealer buttons I had made by Old West Poker Supplies. They arrived just before Christmas and have been patiently waiting for the chips as well.
    ChingHillPokerChips902.jpg
    ChingHillPokerChips903.jpg
    Game night was about to begin, I had just a couple of hours to take the pics and set up the tables for the first game of the new season.
    ChingHillPokerChips904.jpg
    ChingHillPokerChips907.jpg
    ChingHillPokerChips908.jpg
    First pot of the night
    ChingHillPokerChips912.jpg
    Final Table...everyone commented on how nice these looked and played. The only issue is that they weren't easily shuffled yet, but that will improve in time and use.
    ChingHillPokerChips914.jpg
    Alas, I busted out in 6th spot in the game, but I'm sure it won't be long before I have ALL those pretty chippies sitting in front of me whilst I hold top monies :D

Special shout outs go to Alain-Pierre for the designs. Even though were separated by the Atlantic Ocean, communication was very easy and we were able to get the design just right. Great job Alain-Pierre!!!
    Second shout out to Old West Poker Supplies for the buttons. They look fantastic!
    Finally, to PGI themselves for making this all possible! It was a great deal, and I'm very happy with the final product. You guys did amazing work, and very quickly too. I think I got my shipping notice within 2 days of me paying.
  • Beautiful.

Congrats AJ.
  • Extremely nice.
  • Yes, they are very nice chips indeed.

You got a lot of dealer buttons. How many tables do you get running there?
  • 3 max. but there are min. order quantities for stuff like that.
  • Where did you get these from?
  • masterplan wrote: »
    Where did you get these from?

PGI 8V Custom preorder thread

The second order from China should be landing in about a month or so. You're going to get them at the same price I did, but still an attractive price.

PGI also did the labelling, once I had the custom work drawn up by Alain Pierre.
  • You do realized this means you can never move. Nice chips.
  • That's the problem with this kind of customization. Pretty much zero resale value. If the league dissolved or I moved or get dead, might be a challenge to offload them.

Still, I like them, and so long as the league is around, they will see plenty of play.

Besides, who knows...someday they might be collector items ^-^
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    get dead

Hmm? You summoned me? I'll see what I can do.

Great looking chips. Love the new dealer button.

Enjoy them while you can.
  • Hmm? You summoned me? I'll see what I can do.

Geesh, run for the Hill AJ... I would ban im but then I would be afraid he would target me..;)
  • Hmm? You summoned me? I'll see what I can do.

Not scared. You're from Kincardine. All I have to do is throw a 6 pack of Bud your way...:)
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    That's the problem with this kind of customization. Pretty much zero resale value. If the league dissolved or I moved or get dead, might be a challenge to offload them.

Still, I like them, and so long as the league is around, they will see plenty of play.

Besides, who knows...someday they might be collector items ^-^

I will state right now that, should these become available for any reason, I will make a fair offer in order to give them a good home. :)
  • Clearly if AJ kicks off we'll make sure he is buried with his poker supplies so he can a get game going wherever he ends up.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Clearly if AJ kicks off we'll make sure he is buried with his poker supplies so he can a get game going wherever he ends up.

I am just making an offer in order to provide him a "stake". ;)
  • Jesus Christ, guys...

I'M STILL BREATHING!!