Pokerstars Timed Tournaments

So, I tried out this new times format today. For those that haven't seen them yet, the premise is, you start a tournament with a set time limit on the tournament. (ex, 30 mins, 60 mins, 120 mins). Play then continues to the end of the time limit. All those remaining with chips share the total pot in proportion to the amount of chips they have.

In theory, it sounded interesting. But the tournament played like a hyper turbo. People were just shoving like crazy, and it wasn't enjoyable poker at all. Maybe this will decrease as people start to build strategies, but I didn't find the gameplay in any way fun. More like a mad bingo dash.

Comments

• why not just fold your way to the money then?
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    why not just fold your way to the money then?

can't, because min cashing is like 34 cents in a 2$ timed tourney.

im going to pass on these.

if you dont have enough time to play a MTT, play a 6 max sng
  • so basically it's a timed cashgame with increasing blinds?
  • I have had good success with the 15 and 30 minute timed tournys so far. I find the 15 minute one do play sorta like a hyper turbo, but the 30 minute ones aren't as bad...
  • You can't just fold, because you start with ante right away so you're losing chips every hand.
  • Tried it and I am not a fan of this structure either.
  • when betsson crashes, and sadly this happens on occasion. All tournaments freeze and players are payed their money back in a way I think would be interesting for a format like this. The (remaining) prizepool of the tournament is split in half, then one half is devided equally to all players still in the tournament and the other half is weighted for chipstacks and payed back.

If this was the timed tournament idea I think I would play them
  • Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the new Timed Tournaments. If you guys have ideas on ways we could improve them, I'd be happy to hear some suggestions. This is obviously a new offering, so we're monitoring your responses closely.

Thanks,

Dylan C
  • I don't know what you guys are talking about. Just finished at $1.10 30min tournament, finished 17 for almost $10.

Talk about DEAD MONEY.