Bluffing a dry board

This one was interesting. I kinda went from the preflop "k, good hand, lets see some action" to the flop "k, I missed, I can afford a cbet, why not" to the turn "hmm, maybe I can afford a small second barrel (although I'd liked it to be a bit larger vs a random)" to flipping out going "Right minraise? eat my whole fucking stack to the face"

How often do you think this works? This time it's not an overraise on my part or anything so it should rep strength, and his minraise isn't repping a whole lot other than maybe a queen wanting to take control of the pot. the tournament is the 20r on betsson so it's a decent middish stake tourney. Comments?

OnGame - 80/160 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: PokerTracker - Online Poker Software, Player Stats Tracking & HUD

MP+1: 17,310.00
LP: 10,595.00
CO: 5,580.00
BTN: 4,555.00
SB: 3,415.00
BB: 3,360.00
UTG: 7,680.00
Hero (UTG+1): 9,800.00
MP: 3,565.00

SB posts SB 80.00, BB posts BB 160.00

Pre Flop: (240.00) Hero has :as :kd

fold, Hero raises to 400.00, fold, fold, LP calls 400.00, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (1040.00, 2 players) :4s :qd :4c
Hero bets 560.00,
LP calls 560.00

Turn: (2160.00, 2 players) :2h
Hero bets 1,150.00,
LP raises to 2,300.00,
Hero raises to 8,840.00 and is all-in,

Comments

• i think its fine as long as villain isn't bad enough to mistakenly put you on ak
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    This one was interesting. I kinda went from the preflop "k, good hand, lets see some action" to the flop "k, I missed, I can afford a cbet, why not" to the turn "hmm, maybe I can afford a small second barrel (although I'd liked it to be a bit larger vs a random)" to flipping out going "Right minraise? eat my whole fucking stack to the face"

How often do you think this works? This time it's not an overraise on my part or anything so it should rep strength, and his minraise isn't repping a whole lot other than maybe a queen wanting to take control of the pot. the tournament is the 20r on betsson so it's a decent middish stake tourney. Comments?

PF and flop are fine. The deuce is a huge brick that doesnt help you rep anything new/scary and I really hate going twice here. A jack would be a better card for you, but even then Im not loving it out of position. If he minraised to make you think "minraise? eat my whole fucking stack to the face" then you really got owned

I think he has a legit hand here more often than not, and doubt cbetting a deuce turn or shoving over his raise works enough to be profitable
  • I'm not really trying to rep anything new, I'm trying to rep the same thing I did on that flop. I def think he folds enough to make this profitable, that's why I shoved, he can't have quads every time. The minraise makes little sense on this texture and he pretty much snapfolded to my shove. If I had to guess I'd say he had a hand like 66-1010 or was floating the flop but that's less likely given the minraise.

As for the second barrel being bad maybe it is, I just like to back my flop plays up every once in a while
  • i am doing this to milo tonight
  • Horrific spew.
  • Can you back that up with numbers somehow cause I couldn't...

The flat flop raise turn seem like such a stantard line in many situations and the fact that I could almost see it coming should mean that it's an inbalanced play from villain
  • Sometimes I wish I enjoyed playing MTTs
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I def think he folds enough to make this profitable, that's why I shoved, he can't have quads every time. The minraise makes little sense on this texture and he pretty much snapfolded to my shove.

Meh I don't think he folds enough to make this play profitable at all. And besides quads he can have a bunch of other hands he may decide to minnie turn for value like AQ, KQ, and all 4xs hands.
  • well, if a line is inconsistant there's usually a reason for that. What makes him flat flop and not keep flatting turn? This doesn't smell like a 4 to me at all since he's raising and most players would flat all Q type hands again too

If it stops working I'll stop shoving, but I really can't remember the last time I got caught in a similar spot
  • He could flat flop then raise turn to build pot so he can jam river? Also I think a decent amount of players would play AQ, KQ type hands like this.

Interesting spot nonetheless, I just can't ever see myself shoving here but cudos to you for being able to make that read:)
  • i agree with the majority i dont think he folds often enough to make this profitable. I dont understand why we are bluffing a showdown value hand here. Why would he min raise 55-1010 here, makes little sense. therefore you prob got him to fold a hand you were beating anyways.
  • I agree I might have gotten him to fold a worse hand. I still think he might very well have had a pocket pair here that he decided to peel on the flop but don't want to put in three streets worth of money with. Even in videos of higher buyins I seem to see people flat ep opens with 55 type hands a semibluffraise 228dd boards