Bay/dundas 60/15 Tourney Sat Feb 19 Noon Til Midnight

THE BAY LOUNGE-THERE WILL BE A SECRET KNOCK. PASSWORD WILL BE UNGA BUNGA.

ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-INS. :frown:

60/15 TOURNEY. FIRST 63 COMMITS PER TOURNEY GET A SEAT. PM ME WITH FULL NAME AND PHONE # YOU CAN BE CALLED ON WITHOUT YOUR WIVES KNOWING. IF LEAVING THIS INFO IS NOT ACCEPTABLE THEN YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET A SEAT. 100% PRIVACY, NO INFO GIVEN TO OTHER PLAYERS. WE JUST WANT A MASTER LIST OF ALL OUR PLAYERS TO GUARANTEE GREAT POKER OUTINGS WITH MINIMAL RISK OF HEADACHES.

I WILL CONTACT ALL GUYS/GALS WITH ALL THE INFO YOU WILL NEED.

THERE WILL BE A NOON TIL 5.30 TOURNEY AND A 6.30 TIL MIDNIGHT TOURNEY . FOOD WILL BE SERVED ALONG WITH SOFT DRINKS/WATER.

NO ALCOHOL WILL BE SOLD. NO SMOKING WITHIN FACILITIES

Both Tournaments will be 60/15 (2000 chip start)
Unlimited $30 re-buys for the first hour (for players with under 2000 chips).
Double re-buy option available for players that bust out within first hour (4000 chips for $60 re-buy)
$30 add-on at the 60 minute mark. (4000 chip add on)

25/50 BLIND START (DOUBLING). 20 MINUTE JUMPS, 30 MINS ON LATE BLINDS . IF NEEDED FINAL TABLE WILL HAVE TIME LIMIT. CHIP COUNTS AT FINAL TABLE WILL DETERMINE RESULT IF TIME LIMIT EXPIRES. SO FIRST HOUR WILL HAVE SOME BINGO BONGO BUT IN MOST PEOPLES OPINIONS IT ADDS ALITTLE MORE CHALLENGE. AFTER THAT HOUR THE NEXT 4.5 HRS ARE THE USUAL SOLID POKER PLAY.

AND SIDE TABLES WILL BE GOING ON ALSO. AND A FEW EXTRAS AND PRIZES .

OUR GOAL IS TO TURN THIS INTO A GREAT CLUBLIKE SETTING FOR CONSENTING ADULTS WHO ENJOY ALL LEVELS OF POKER AND GOOD COMPANY WITHOUT HAVING TO GO TO SOMEONES BASEMENT OR A DINGY BACKROOM SOMEWHERE. CONTACT ME AND ASK ABOUT OUR WSOP SEAT INCENTIVE. WHO KNOWS WE COULD SEE ONE OF OUR GUYS/GALS ON ESPN LATER THIS YEAR AT THE WSOP. AND I BELIEVE WE WILL.

Comments

• whats the buy in for the afternoon event?
  • Can you please post the tournament structure.

And, will there be any side games? If so, what limits and what rake?

Thanks
  • Both Tournaments will be 60/15
    Unlimited $30 re-buys for the first 1.5 hours.
    $30 add-on at the 90 minute mark.

Please remember when you confirm to specify the early or the late tournament.
  • how do i enter this touney,and who do i talk to email me at habsbite@hotmail.com
  • I'd like to sign up for the 6:30- midnight tourney... vkrasikov@rogers.com
  • I am very interested in the tourny please email info@grahaminglis.com with the tourny details.

thanks
  • Perhaps I'm missing something. What is the starting number of chips? What are the starting blinds and what time do they increase?
  • I do not wish to ruin any fun that this very nice posting will hopefully bring about to all of us. But posting a private club hosting poker games is highly attracitve for the STUPID law enforcement to lurch in and make a bust, especially when the stake is high. As I have read on one of my texts, something like a private club hosting regular games is something you can get busted for. I advise all members to be careful!!.... and Damn those stupid cops for busting friendly games like this, if they ever do; don't they have other REAL criminals to look after?!@ Besides, I have seen real cops buying poker chip sets.. why don't they ever bust their own behinds???

There is a very nice breakdown of what them cops can do to you:
    http://www.toronto-poker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58

good luck everyone and have lots of fun

Pokerman
    The One & Only
  • I don't PM. Please e-mail me your e-mail so I can sign up. Thanks.
  • Pms Only. Thanks

2000 CHIP START, 2000 RE BUYS 4000 ADD ON. 20/40 START. 25 MINUTE JUMPS.

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES
  • Hey Guys

Ill Be Calling All The Guys Who Pm'd Tomorrow Saturday To Confirm Tourney Seats
  • 1.5 hours of rebuys then add ones? 25 minute levels?

This is truly a bad structure. INcrease the levels to 45 and make it a freeze out. Have extra tables for side games for those that are out.

Are you kidding me...noon till 5.30 with unlimited rebuys for a 3rd of the tourney? THis touney will NOT be over in time with that many chips around.

ALso, how does it work that the rebuys are over after 1.5 hours but the levels are 25 minutes?? so part way through the level, there is a rebuy (and add on at the same time!!!) and then the same level continues?!?!!! Does time on the level continue while people are continuing??

How few chips fo you need to add back on?

Also, post a blind schedule...what blind levels are you hitting? Dont just say 'increase' because there are several ways to do this.

Think things through before you propose them. This structure on one hand is promoting bingo bongo play early (rebuys and too short levels), but also won't end on time.
  • 3 GUYS USING 2 USERNAMES CAUSES THE ODD HEADACHE (WONT HAPPEN AGAIN I HOPE). HERES THE OFFICIAL STRUCTURE:

Both Tournaments will be 60/15 (2000 chip start)
    Unlimited $30 re-buys for the first hour (for players with under 2000 chips).
    Double re-buy option available for players that bust out within first hour (4000 chips for $60 re-buy)
    $30 add-on at the 60 minute mark. (4000 chip add on)

25/50 BLIND START (DOUBLING). 20 MINUTE JUMPS.30 MINUTE JUMPS IN LATER BLINDS . IF NEEDED FINAL TABLE WILL HAVE TIME LIMIT. CHIP COUNTS AT FINAL TABLE WILL DETERMINE RESULT IF TIME LIMIT EXPIRES. SO FIRST HOUR WILL HAVE SOME BINGO BONGO BUT IN MOST PEOPLES OPINIONS IT ADDS ALITTLE MORE CHALLENGE. AFTER THAT HOUR THE NEXT 4.5 HRS ARE THE USUAL SOLID POKER PLAY.

AND SIDE TABLES WILL BE GOING ON ALSO. AND A FEW EXTRAS AND PRIZES .

I APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE- RT
  • I've not received a confirmation. PM'ed twice. Still on? Full? What's up?
  • Gm I Have Called You 2 Or 3 Times. No Answers. We're Trying To Not Leave Messages Due To Wives And Girlfriends. Pm Me With A Time I Can Call You Tonight. Thanks
  • Due to personal reasons, the Tournament Saturday Febuary 19, will be postponed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvience and hope to see everyone there in the next few weeks when it is run.

Again we apologize for the inconvience.
  • damn...where am i going to play this weekend :frown:
  • Why is everyone who is running a home game charging a 25% reg fee? Where did you guys come up with this number? Don't you guys feel that it is a little unreasonable?
    CHIP COUNTS AT FINAL TABLE WILL DETERMINE RESULT IF TIME LIMIT EXPIRES.

What!!!?!?!??!!? Why in the world would anyone want to play in a tournament with a "Time Limit"? So at 5:30PM, whoever has the most chips, wins??!!? Does that make sense to anyone? Instead, you should structure the tournament so that the blinds and antes force people out. The person with the most chips doesn't always win!
  • Astroboy. Never Judge Something You Dont Have A Clue About. If You Want A Cheap Basement Tourney Im Sure Theres Lots Of Those. So You Now Know What Our Tourney Costs Are Do Ya? You Know The Food, Side Prizes,cost Of Security And Hall Etc...

And The Blind Structure Will Make It Next To Impossible To Not Finish Within Time Limit. Time Limit Is There For Obvious Reasons.

I Appreciate Peoples Feedback But Please Next Time Think For A Minute Before You Type.

I Cant Understand For The Life Of Me Why You Posted That Crap. Enlighten Me Please

And Hope To See You At A Tourney Or 2. Thanks For The Post
  • And The Blind Structure Will Make It Next To Impossible To Not Finish Within Time Limit. Time Limit Is There For Obvious Reasons.
    Just to echo what Astro said, can you change your blind structure so that you can finish within the alloted time limit? Hmmm, I just re-read your above quote and I'm not sure I understand it, perhaps you want to delete the 'not" in your sentence. Anyway, I agree with him that I would not want to play in a tourny where the person with the most chips after x amount of hours is awarded the pot. That is just me though...
    Ok...nevermind I think you want to keep the "not" there....you're saying it should (most definitely) finish within the alloted time. My bad, brain not working well...
    I Cant Understand For The Life Of Me Why You Posted That Crap. Enlighten Me Please

And Hope To See You At A Tourney Or 2. Thanks For The Post
    lol

stp
  • First off, do you believe it helps your point to have every word start with a CAP or the whole post in CAPS? Second, please ENLIGHTEN ME to how much security costs and why you need security? Oh yeah, you're offering a 1 Million Dollar Prize Pool!!! And I forgot about that "hidden tax" that pizzerias charge these days. Who are you kidding? And yeah, your game sounds just like the WPT and the WSOP!!! There's going to be a secret knock and a password. "UNGA BUNGA" just sounds so not backroom. $15 X 63 people = $945...I am more than positive that a hall rental and pizza and pop do not cost nearly this much. Including a safety deposit (which you get back) it would not even come close to this number. And there are NO OBVIOUS REASONS for anyone to set a time limit. You should take your own advice and "Never Judge Something You Dont Have A Clue About". Do I know you? How do you know I have no clue about the costs of running a tournament? Anyways, good luck with your tournament and I'll only attend if the password is "BINGO BONGO"!

Regards,

Astroboy
  • no problems stp-easy to misunderstand.

keep it honest astro. hope to see you

again tourney has been postponed due to a personal matter
  • Lithium,

I did not attack anyone or say anything that can be deemed inappropriate. All I did was state my opinion that the structure of your tournament is a little flawed. I am not the only one to state this, yet I was the only one that was attacked.
    This is truly a bad structure. INcrease the levels to 45 and make it a freeze out. Have extra tables for side games for those that are out.

Are you kidding me...noon till 5.30 with unlimited rebuys for a 3rd of the tourney? THis touney will NOT be over in time with that many chips around.

Why wasn't this person attacked? Instead of taking the defensive, you should take positive steps in changing the structure of your tournament.

I stated two points:

1) It does not make sense to set a time limit on any tourney. If you feel that the game will indefinitely end by 5:30PM through blinds and antes, then there is no reason to state that " CHIP COUNTS AT FINAL TABLE WILL DETERMINE RESULT IF TIME LIMIT EXPIRES."

2) I stated that your reg fee is a little over the top. That is my opinion and I am entitled to that. It's clear that your costs will be covered with a lot left over. Why don't you guys "keep it honest" and tell us that some of the money will be going directly into your pockets. You don't need to bullshit everyone saying that you need "security" and crap like that. Personal gain is fine. Just don't lie to us.

Also, don't berate other people and other people's tournaments. A lot of people on this forum have run home games, "basement tourneys", etc. Do you think you're better than them because you rented a hall? Your game is still considered a "backroom" game.

Astroboy
  • Why is everyone who is running a home game charging a 25% reg fee? Where did you guys come up with this number? Don't you guys feel that it is a little unreasonable?

that s not an attack huh?nobody attacked you. thats quite funny. fees have zero to do with buy ins, fees have to do with costs. poker players all know this. so 25% means nothing-so why say it then. if this was so important to you you would have pm'd us. instead you do this.

the structure was spelled out to you. the time limit is just a rock solid time limit in the rare case of extremely slow play or a death at the table. yet you could understand that.

id appreciate it if you would stay out of our posts unless you have something logical to say. or at least say it with some maturity. saying i berated basement tourneys. kid get a life please

ive already wasted more time with you than i want to. best of luck astroboy no hard feelings
  • Sorry For Allowing One Person With A Hidden Agenda To Turn This Into A Trash Bin
  • Instead of attacking Astroboy, why not just breakdown your costs so that everyone can see the justification of 25% juice? You guys got REALLY defensive when asked about it.

For the record, I agree with Astroy and stp. There are ways to plan ahead so that you don't have to resort to a chip count to determine the winner. (For example, you can excellerate the blinds during the final 20-30 minutes to force a winner) Having to resort to comparing chip counts is just poor planning.

I think my favorite part of this thread is how Lithium and team canada compeletly trash talk Astroboy, then completely turn it around at the last sentance...
    I Appreciate Peoples Feedback But Please Next Time Think For A Minute Before You Type. I Cant Understand For The Life Of Me Why You Posted That Crap. Enlighten Me Please And Hope To See You At A Tourney Or 2. Thanks For The Post
    Lithium wrote:
    id appreciate it if you would stay out of our posts unless you have something logical to say. or at least say it with some maturity. saying i berated basement tourneys. kid get a life please. ive already wasted more time with you than i want to. best of luck astroboy no hard feelings
    Easily the funniest things I've read all week.
  • ZITHAL- DID I CHILDISHLY COME INTO HIS THREAD AND QUESTION A SIMPLE $15 FEE. WHETHER ITS A $30/60/500 TOURNEY THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING. AND THATS JUST COMMON SENSE. WHAT IDIOT THINKS HE HAS A RIGHT TO GO TO DONALD TRUMP AND SAY I WOULD LIKE A COMPLETE BREAKDOWN OF YOUR COSTS IN COMPARISON TO YOUR FEES. GUYS LIKE THAT DONT GET INVITED TO TOURNEYS I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT. IM NOT DONALD TRUMP BUT SAME PRINCIPLES

AS HE HAS ALSO DONE. I SEE YOU DIDNT READ ALL MY POSTS. OUR BLIND STRUCTURE WILL 99.9% GUARANTEE A FINISH PRE TIME LIMIT. BUT THE TIME LIMIT WILL ALWAYS BE THERE, JUST IN CASE. AND HAS TO BE

ZITHAL- AS STP ALREADY STATED, HE MISREAD MY POST -Ok...nevermind I think you want to keep the "not" there....you're saying it should (most definitely) finish within the alloted time. My bad, brain not working well...

I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN ZITHAL.

Instead of attacking Astroboy, why not just breakdown your costs so that everyone can see the justification of 25% juice? You guys got REALLY defensive when asked about it.

I CAN ASSUME YOU DONT WORK OR HAVE A BUSINESS. ARE U KIDDING ME. SAY HI TO ASTRO FOR ME. I ATTACKED ASTRO LOL. MAN YOU NEED BETTER HOBBIES
  • is all this fighting occuring for a tournament that isn't even going to be running ...
  • Berating forum members is a brilliant way to get people here to attend your tourneys. I hope you can handle real disputes at your tournaments with a cooler head.
  • Chugs Sorry For The Postponement.

This Is What Happens When You Let 2 Guys (friends Or Aliases) Speak Like 12 Yr Olds And Do Nothing About It.

I Should Have Just Ignored Them But Why Let Them Lie And Play Games. It Hurts All Of Us.

Do Me An Honest Favour. If You Have A Moment Try And Read The Posts In This Thread And Tell Me If Im Wrong. A Guy From Waterloo And/or Guelph Causing Sht. For What Reasons I Can Only Guess. The Blinds Topic Was Legit And Answered Much Earlier.

ANOTHER WATERLOO GUY SIR WATTS. MAN YOU KIDS NEED JOBS. I LOVE THE IDEA OF KICKING A DOG AND THEN WHINING WHEN IT BITES BACK. GUYS LIKE THIS ARE WHY I MAKE PEOPLE SEND NAME AND NUMBER FIRST BEFORE SEATS GIVEN.

Thanks