Gobble gobble gobble . . .

Will only be on the laptop sporadically tomorrow, so I just want to take the time now to wish the virtual family hereabouts a happy and safe Thanksgiving. This place is chock full o' nuts, and I would not have it any other way. We all have much to be thankful for, and I hope you all take the time to reflect on what that actually means to you personally this weekend . . .

I call dibs on a drumstick. :)

Comments

• ditto. :)

Got the big @$$ chicken brining right now.....will be awesome to do a beer can chicken on in shorts and a t shirt.

cheers all,
  • Happy Thanksgiving to all!
  • And to all a good night!
  • Happy Turkey day!
  • Bird is in the oven.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Bird is in the oven.

ditto, but 2 birds.... Family tends to like dark meat more so this way we get more of that. Will be 17 of us here later...
  • Bacon wrapped bird is in the oven . . . countdown to feasting.
  • Turkey population has significantly declined over the past week or so...

Wonder if any were on the dead pool list?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Turkey population has significantly declined over the past week or so...

Depends on if anyone mistook Snooki for one :)
  • The few pics I've seen of her, she is more orange then golden brown. Doubt her skin is delectably crispy, either.

Now the one who was on Impact wrestling a while back . . . I could definitely munch on one of her drumsticks . . .
  • compuease wrote: »
    Turkey population has significantly declined over the past week or so...

Is one named Zsa Zsa?
  • My turkey is about to get injected, and I'm working on the potatoes now. Deep Frying to start in about 2 hours!

Happy Turkey Day everyone!
  • happy turkey day everyone :D
  • Turkey has been slain, and the rituals observed . . . guests have departed and the triptophan is kicking in.
  • Nothing beats Costco $6 pumpkin pie.
  • Turkey day is tomorrow 4 me.;)
  • 15 of us at my sister's place yesterday. Food was awesome, as it always is. Company was even better.
  • Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    15 of us at my sister's place yesterday. Food was awesome, as it always is. Company was even better.

So . . . two tables. How'd you finish?
  • We had a deep fried turkey yesterday. A first for me, but definitely not the last. Probably the best turkey iv'e ever had. And what a gorgeous day to be outside drinking beer and frying up a bird!
  • We had a deep fried turkey yesterday. A first for me, but definitely not the last. Probably the best turkey iv'e ever had. And what a gorgeous day to be outside drinking beer and frying up a bird!

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a nit about fire but I'd always be afraid it would turn out like this:
    Christmas Eve Fryer Fire - YouTube
  • LOL . . . I love that it takes a full 2 minutes for one of these geniuses to remember that the PROPANE TANK is still live . . .
  • Happy Thanksgiving all. Our pup has definitely found his new favorite holiday...until Christmas anyway.

Hope your all stuffed with a couch or laptop day ahead of you today.