Pokerstars Canada Cup

seems like an interesting promo:

PokerStars Canada Cup I - Online Qualifiers and Live Bahamas Final Table

Play for your share of $250,000 in The Bahamas!

The PokerStars Canada Cup I is a new event that brings together the best online poker players in the region to compete for a seat at the live final table in The Bahamas, held at the 2012 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure (PCA)! Make it to the final nine and you’ll be heading to Paradise Island to play for a share of $250,000 in cash, plus the title of Canada Cup champion, and entry into the PCA High Rollers event, worth an additional $25,000!
Online: Qualifying

The action starts online where from September 26 you can qualify for the $530 online final. Satellites are running across a huge range of buy-ins, starting from just $0.50.
You can locate all PokerStars Canada Cup I qualifiers under the Tourney > Regional tab.
Online: Final

The PokerStars.net Canada Cup Final takes place at 17:30 ET on Sunday October 23, with a $250,000 guaranteed prize pool! The best Canadian players and Team PokerStars Pros will be taking part, and the action will play out as standard until a final table of nine is reached. At this point the tournament will pause, and resume in the Bahamas during the PCA, on January 10, 2012.
Live: Final Table

All players who make the final nine will receive an expenses paid package to the Bahamas, with flights, luxurious hotel accommodation and spending money thrown in.
Starting stacks for the final table will be exactly as they were when the online final was paused. This means you don’t want to treat the online final as a satellite - the more chips you accumulate, the greater advantage you’ll have in the Bahamas.
The final table will be filmed live for television and has a $250,000 prize pool. The winner will also be awarded the PokerStars Canada Cup trophy and entry into the PCA High Roller Event, worth $25,000.

Comments

• I'll probably take a few shots at this.

Just winning the trip would be primo.
  • Thanks for posting this T8urmoney. We're excited for this inaugural event. The Live Final in the Bahamas should be a pretty amazing event.

Feel free to shoot any questions about the PokerStars Canada Cup here or post updates of any Satellite successes.

Good luck!

Dylan
  • Feel free to shoot any questions about the PokerStars Canada Cup here

Do final table players get 9th place money immediately (online)?

What are the dates the hotel is comped? (ie. same dates as satty winners?)
  • there are freerolls for this as well. every hour from 5:15 to 12:15 i think.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Do final table players get 9th place money immediately (online)?

What are the dates the hotel is comped? (ie. same dates as satty winners?)

Generally speaking final table participants receive their payouts when the tournament ends in January, but it's not impossible that exceptions can be made. I'll look into getting a definitive answer for you on this.

The final table participants receive a return flight, 3 nights hotel accommodations from January 7-10th, and $500 spending money.

Cheers,

Dylan
  • Update: GoldStar+ VIPs can now purchase a ticket to the October 23rd $530 final in the VIP Store for 33,000 FPPs.

Dylan
  • Hey guys! New to forum. Just wanted to let you guys know I won the step 2 and step 3 sateilites to the Canada Cup! Also, I didn't pay a cent for all this, got a free ticket for depositing. This would make a great story for tv, so wish me the best of luck!
  • Will most likely watch this wrap up. Just did a write up on Edmonton's "talonchick", who else should I be watching for in this from PFC?
  • jontm wrote: »
    Will most likely watch this wrap up. Just did a write up on Edmonton's "talonchick", who else should I be watching for in this from PFC?

(idk but I remember back in the day on Stars talonchick was quite affable)
  • I figured since im going to pca anyways, might as well final table this :D
  • pfc final table?
  • sounds like a good idea to me
  • actyper wrote: »
    pfc final table?

in for dat
  • saweeet.....QQ<AA........down to 10 BB

and out....fml
  • jontm wrote: »
    Will most likely watch this wrap up. Just did a write up on Edmonton's "talonchick", who else should I be watching for in this from PFC?

she's still in, sitting 7/16
  • Would have liked to see more PFCers at final, but epic result none the less!
    Jeet Shergill is chip leader, (Nav's dad, who some here have met) and who I play 20 sng's with lol, though he obv plays much higher

Talonchick I was routing for, friend of friends and was awesome in putting together an interview, in which ironically asked her if she would have any role in Canada cup. We have that answer now.

Spektah is Benjamin Leblond, 2009 COPC champ and have written tons on, great guy and always fun. As far as I know he had taken a break from online cause cash games at Playground were were treating him well...doesn't appear to have gotten rusty

Nice comeback to Vekked btw, he was crippled early and recovered very well, despite missing this final table, always a contender.

Watched btp at a table with Jofay another buddy for awhile but he was moved later

Great stuff all!
  • Jofay open shoved like 5th hand in lol then when everyone folded he called us cowards lol. after that didnt really know what to think when he was in a hand lol
  • only thing that suprises me about that was that he was allowed to use the chat box :)

Believe T8 knows Jofay too. Watch his table a bit as well.
  • ahhhh, sick.

Spektah ftw.