Gold/Silver anyone?

I just bought a bunch of physical silver due to the recent plummet in gold/silver prices...I'm hoping it won't tank much below $28/oz...anyone else?

Comments

• Here's to hoping you bought at the bottom. I didn't know why gold was tanking so much last week but I've read now 1) it's deflation not inflation and 2) profit taking to cover the losses in the stock market.

Btw I tried a virtual gold service, dipped a toe and had my money in and out so it worked. I read Scotia Bank has a unit where they ship you the materials.
  • Scotia's mark-up is insane from what I've seen. There are several online dealers that are a much better place to purchase. The best I've seen so far for purchasing from Canada (new to this) is golddealer.ca
  • didn't realize there was a markup on physical gold/silver at Scotia. I know you can buy one once, etc. coins at most bank branches and they are priced based on the current trading value of gold/silver. I guess there is a slight embedded markup in the pricing. I will check this morning what the price is for an ounce gold/silver coin. They also sell gold bars (99.9% pure).

On a side note, glad I bought lots of USD at 1.045, now that it is back to 0.97.
  • I was talking to a guy at work yesterday and he is very involved in this stuff and figures that silver is going to go through the roof soon. Good luck GTA! I think you just made a really good investment. I was going to look into it myself.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    didn't realize there was a markup on physical gold/silver at Scotia. I know you can buy one once, etc. coins at most bank branches and they are priced based on the current trading value of gold/silver. I guess there is a slight embedded markup in the pricing. I will check this morning what the price is for an ounce gold/silver coin. They also sell gold bars (99.9% pure).

On a side note, glad I bought lots of USD at 1.045, now that it is back to 0.97.

Check this out:

https://www.scotiamocatta-estore.scotiabank.com/stores/scotiamocatta/catalog/product.aspx?nst=pprbihlm92sPEsG3SAczPxXStbR43vSOEN2FwkRDevpQHnXjdVLfoZy9rC9RkJHIEuZFHbaK0uc%3d

vs

http://www.golddealer.ca/gallery-new.cfm?viewitem=49

Prices were over $400 cheaper at golddealer vs scotia when I purchased
  • thanks for the tip, picked up some SLV today and up a $1 for the day.
  • Way back in the time before personal computers, say the mid 70's, my parents bought some silver (actual bars). Now that my Dad is trying to wrap things up, he is looking at how to maximize his return. I think I might suggest he wait just a bit.