big joke

All credit to Padraig Parkinson

A lady from the North side of Dublin went to the hairdresser and the following conversation took place :

“Where are you going on your holidays?”
“Tony and I are going to Rome for a few days.”
“Joe and I were there a few years ago. What airline are you using?”
“Caledonian.”
“Oh we flew with them, they were awful. The plane was a mess and we were hours late. “Where are you staying?”
“The Excelsior.”
“Oh no. We stayed there. It was a dive and the food was disgusting. What are you going to do while you’re there?”
“We are hoping to see the pope.”
“Oh God. Joe and I went to see him but St. Peters Square was so crowded you can only see a guy in white in the distance.”

A few weeks later the lady went back in to the hair salon. The conversation went as follows.

“How was Rome?”
“It was great. The airline has bought a whole new fleet of planes and the flight back wasn’t too full so they very kindly upgraded us to business class where we had a ball. The hotel has been refurbished and was unbelievably luxurious.”
“Did you see the pope?”
“Oh yes. We went to St. Peters very early on Sunday to avoid the crowds. We were only there a few minutes when the pope himself walked across the square towards us. You can imagine my surprise when he came over to me, put his hand on my arm, and whispered in my ear.”
“Oh my God. What did he say?”
He said : “Jesus Christ who the hell did that to your hair?”

All credit to Padraig Parkinson

Comments