Poker Tracking and Huds

I know this has come up before, but I'm finally taking a serious look at poker tracking software and huds. Can I get some honest opinions/critiques of the ones that are out there from the people using them? If you want to get back to me in private messages that's fine though, though I imagine there are others who may be interested. Having little experience with them, I'd really like to have a good idea of comparisons in products.

Cheers all.

Comments

• everyone uses pt3 or hold em manager...pt3 has a longer trial
  • Im enjoying HEM right now, but i hear pt4 is gonna blow everything out of the water. Comes out before the end of the year i hear.
  • Yeah first PT4 was supposed to be released for beta testing by end of Q3, but about a month or so ago they announced that it would be delayed to try to avoid similar situations to when PT3 was released. I think it was last week they said their best guess was in the next few months. Meaning 30 days - 90 days. And yes, they claim it to be the nuts. We will see I guess. Best part is if you trial PT3, and like it, you can buy it now and still get the PT4 upgrade - for free. The rest of us get to pay a small upgrade fee.

My preference is PT3 over HM, but only because I didn't get HM to work in the one week period I had trial for. Might have just been my lazy side kicking in though, since I had PT3 already up and going.... So I stuck with it. :D

HM has released their next platform also, HM2 which is in beta atm. Haven't heard too much about it though.
  • Fludlerk I asked this question not long ago and decided to try the 60 day free trial with Poker tracker. Darbday was kind enough to post a link to video of his demo of this software. I found this helpful, thank you for that Darbday!

I am 26 days into the demo and am still playing with features. My favorite so far is that when you take a hand to the end you get to see the cards that everyone mucked! This is a great tool in figuring out the range of cards that your opponents will get in with.
    I can see now that if you are playing multi tables that this software is a must. If you are only playing a table at a time and paying attention you can see who is aggressive vs tight, or the soft ware will do that for you, while you watch the Young and the Restless. If you are very analytical this is a great tool giving you all kinds of stats, charts and the ability to go back and look at a hand. If you are, as they say around here"wearing a tin foil hat" you can take a look at your top winning hands and find out that you are indeed winning more with AK and recycle your hat. Although so far my stats say that 99>AKo I would be willing to bet that will change in time.
  • Thanks for the responses. I think I'll trail PT3 first and see how I like it...though on a few other message boards I've heard about problems getting the hud to work in tournaments on Pstars (where I primarily play), vs ring games there.
  • Been running it for several months now. Once you get things tweaked, you'll have no problem running it in tournaments.

Of course now the only online poker I play is pretty much the forum tourneys, and I wasn't really any good prior to that anyways.

I really believe you need significantly large databases of hands before these are of much use to you.

Oh, and Darb's vid is awesome.
  • I had no problem getting it to work in tournaments on Poker Stars.
  • How do you not have one, can't live without it now for online play.... HEM2 is excellent, only issue is that it takes a bit to start up on my machine.
  • Where can I find the link to Darb's video?
  • Fludlerk wrote: »
    Where can I find the link to Darb's video?
    Yoda Hud Basics 1 | retar on blip.tv

or try pm'n darb :p

doesn't show you how to install a lil on how to use it....also talks about table ninja....just goes over the things i wish i knew when i started.

if you want to install it theres some videos online to go over that and you could prob find them at the pt3 website...

installing is tricky but once its all setup of you just open the program and press the 'work' button and its all auto!
  • Thanks Boon. I'll go have a look. Cheers
  • Great Video. Thanks for the tips.