WSOP Satellite Toronto tournament

A friend of mine is hosting a satellite tournament to the World Series of Poker and he asked me to post it here. I don't have all the details yet (blind structure/starting chip count), but I figured I would post what information I do have at this point.

WSOP SATELLITE TOURNAMENT:

DATE: MARCH 12TH @ 7:00PM
MINIMUM # OF PLAYERS: 55
ENTRY FEE: $325
TOURNAMENT FORMAT: FREEZE OUT (no re-buys or add-ons)

FIRST PLACE RECEIVES ROUND TRIP AIR TO LAS VEGAS, ONE WEEKS ACCOMMODATION, AND ENTRY FEE INTO THE 2005 WSOP.

NOTE: THIS PRIZE IS NOT TRANSFERABLE INTO CASH. THE WINNER MUST ACCEPT THE PRIZE PACKAGE AS IS.

THE PRIZE IS ALSO BASED ON A MINIMUM NUMBER OF 55 PLAYERS. ANY LESS, AND THE TOURNAMENT WILL HAVE TO BE CANCELLED WITH FULL REFUNDS.

IN ORDER TO ENSURE THERE ARE A MINIMUM OF 55 CONFIRMED PLAYERS, A $50 REGISTRATION FEE IS REQUIRED NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 28TH. THIS $50 WILL BE APPLIED TO THE TOTAL $325 ENTRY FEE.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON WHERE TO SEND THE REGISTRATION FEE, CONTACT JOSH AT jlprivateeye@sympatico.ca OR PHONE AT (647)999-0089. THE FASTEST AND EASIEST WAY THAT I USED IS THROUGH AN EMAIL MONEY TRANSFER, BUT YOU CAN DISCUSS OTHER MEANS WITH JOSH.

JOSH RUNS TOURNAMENTS EVERY OTHER MONTH AROUND THE CITY. I'VE PLAYED IN A HANDFUL OF HIS TOURNEY'S AND THEY ARE WELL RUN, WITH A WIDE RANGE OF SKILL LEVELS. IN OTHER WORDS, FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN FROM THE PLAY OF FORUM MEMBERS....YOU ALL WOULD HAVE A STRONG CHANCE OF TAKING THIS TOURNEY DOWN. ALTHOUGH YOU'LL HAVE TO GET PAST ME FIRST ;) .

I'LL POST THE BLIND STRUCTURE AND ANY OTHER DETAILS AS I RECEIVE THEM FROM JOSH. ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO POST.

CHEERS,

JAY

Comments

• Hello Jay. Sounds good!

BTW, are you still on hiatus?
  • Hey D.

My feeble attempts at a sabbatical have proved fruitless. I'm still playing, but I've scaled back on my live tournament play. I play about one or two a month, and play online a lot. My most recent win was in a Pstars Pot Limit $100 buy-in. 110 players, 1st paid $2700. I've managed to give 2/3's back over the last month playing 10/20 & your bread and butter, 15/30 limit!!??? It's amazing how inflated your ego get's after a solid win. I think I'm the second coming of Brunson after a good tournament! But it doesn't take long for the real players to bring me right back down to earth. I find the same thing re-occurring in my poker notes..."keep your damn ego in check"!! All part of the learning process I suppose. Fine line between confidence, which is a must in poker, and arrogance which is fatal in poker. I heard you took down Woodbridge last month. Nice job.....that one was long overdue!
  • Glad to hear you're doing well. Your spirits seem to be up, which is the important thing.
    It's amazing how inflated your ego get's after a solid win.
    That's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd rather be playing with the mindset that 'I'm entitled to win' instead of 'I deserve to lose'. Of course, neither of these attitudes are really productive, but nonetheless.... In my experience, a big win is great for morale. I don't think I'm unbeatable by any means (there is ample proof of that), but it's nice to feel that you have what it takes to win. And keeping the books in the black ink doesn't hurt, either.
    Fine line between confidence, which is a must in poker, and arrogance which is fatal in poker.
    A very good point, and well-said.
    I heard you took down Woodbridge last month. Nice job.....that one was long overdue!
    Thanks! It FELT overdue, but in actual fact, I think I only played in five Woodbridge events before I took it down. In a field that is always 60+ players, some of whom are very good, I don't know why I felt that my results there were catastrophic before winning it. Maybe if I'd squeaked into the money once or twice before the win it wouldn't have felt that bad, but yeah, it was pretty sweet. And then they went and cancelled the Tuesday Woodbridge tournaments, for the time being. I guess they figured that if I can win it, it's time to re-tool....

Hope to see you at the felt again sometime soon.
  • all_aces wrote:
    I guess they figured that if I can win it, it's time to re-tool....
    Just as they did with Tiger Woods, they are levelling the playing field perhaps. Time to Tigerize...or Devonize...i'm not sure ;)

stp
  • LOL thanks STP. I'm not close to Tiger-ish dominance, but I appreciate the sentiment. D. Negreanu on the other hand...
  • if only i had a chance to introduce devin to my backers. JEEEEEEEEEEEz

i would get a royalty tooo

lol

DO IT we want you on the tour baby

peace hg
  • What's the deal fellas. No interest in this event??? I figured people would be all over this. $325 for a shot at the WSOP ain't too bad in my humble opinion. Here's the tournament structure:

Starting Chip count: 2000

Blinds: increase every 30mins.

5-10 10-20 25-50 50-100 100-200 200-400 300-600 400-800 500-1000
    1000-2000 2000-4000 4000-8000 5000-10000...and so on.

If anyone is interested in playing, please email Josh at, jlprivateeye@sympatico.ca for payment details. You can mention my name Jay or 'Hoopster' when contacting Josh. Or you can always contact me for more details as well. eternlnrg@hotmail.com
  • If only I was 21!
  • Also, maybe moving this to 'Home Games' will get more interest.
  • Great idea... you should re-post this in 'Home Games' Jay.
  • all_aces wrote:
    Great idea... you should re-post this in 'Home Games' Jay.

Or mods like all_aces have eerie powers and can do precisely this sort of thing. ;)

ScottyZ
  • I am interested and will send an email.