a good showing

Played in the Stars $10+$1 last night. Not bad considering I only hit the average chip count once in the whole tourney. hehe An uphill battle all the way. Think I was out about 5 mins before Level 19. Oh well.

PokerStars Tournament #4786611, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
910 players
Total Prize Pool: $35270.00
Tournament started - 2005/01/27 - 22:15:00 (ET)
Dear DJEP,
You finished the tournament in 23rd place.
A $193.98 award has been credited to your Real Money account.
You earned 126.48 tournament leader points in this tournament.

Comments

• Good Job.

This is the tournament the monkey man caught me.

Finished 140 or so. At the time I had chips to make the money easy.

Doh
  • Dead Money wrote:

This is the tournament the monkey man caught me.

Doh
    Was it monkeyman69? lmao That's who knocked me out. hehe
  • Congrats to both. Nice finishes. Gotta love the rebuys $35,000 + prize pool!!!!
  • DJP wrote:

LOL nice.
  • Congrats DJP. I've noticed something about those rebuy tournaments lately. Unless you make the top five, you don't get paid staggering amounts of cash. Now, this is the case with most tournaments, but I think it's more pronounced for this one, where:

1st = $9,000
    10th to 18th = $250

I made those numbers up, but I think they're pretty close. It seems to me that if you make it to the final two tables of a 1,000+ person tournament, you deserve more than $250. Again, I'm making these numbers up. I think they should flatten the payouts a bit--not too much, but a bit--so that 10th to 18th get a bit more, and 1st to 3rd or so get a bit less. But then they wouldn't be able to post the BIG FIRST PLACE PRIZE, and fewer people might be inclined to enter next time.

Hell, I don't know. Just my two cents, and again, congrats to you, DJP.
  • DJP wrote:

No was not him.
  • Thanks guys. I felt sharp last night. If only a lucky catch or two later on, who knows.

Plus a correction. It was monkeyboy69 who knocked me out, not monkeyman. lol

I was in BB with only 3xbb left in chips. Level 18, 10,000/20,000 blinds, ante 1000
    I'm dealt 22. Monkey is utg, and raises it up. I go all in. He shows an A10o, and then paired his 10's on the river. Doh! And I noticed in the tournament summary he went on to take 2nd place.

And you're right A_A. That prize structure does seem a bit top heavy. Oh well.