AJo at Atlantic City this past weekend

what would you have done? im still a noob and learning.

1/2 cash at Caesars AC

got dealt AJo in the button...

- EP2 (very loose/always opens pots/balance plays of showing monsters and mucking bluffs/has already rebought 3 (maybe 4) times in the 3 hours i was sitting there) opens up the pot to $10

- got 3 callers, then me.

- flop: 3/J/Q... great now i flopped middle pair/nice kicker... EP2 leads out for $20. two folds... one caller, the big blind sitting right next to me, solid player, with a big stack. i call.

- turn: some low number, i forgot. EP2 leads again for $50.... BB thought about it for a good minute. calls. now im thinkin what could these two have? overpairs? set? bluff? still, i called... this point, i have about $15 left. lol...

- river: K... EP2 checks... BB, thought about it again then checks... im thinking could any of these two hit their straight? set? two pair?

i check.

EP2 turns over Q10 and wins pot. BB mucks... and yelled the typical loser line... "i have outs i have outs"

looking back, have i pushed my remaining $15, would any of the two of you call? especially the BB who had a big stack. my original thought of them that they could possibly be trapping eventually turned out that they have given up on the hand right? K being a scare card.

any other suggestion/feedback to my play? should i have folded to the $50 bet on the turn?

thanks.

Comments

• How deep are the stacks? esp you and the original raiser?

edit: I am never just calling here. Either a raise or fold.
  • original raiser and i had about a hundred to start the hand. like i said, he's rebought about 3/4 times... so he doesn't have a bigstack like the BB.
  • There is no way EP2 folds to your $15 all-in bet on the river and the BB would likely call as well but have no idea what he mucks...AJ, flush draw maybe? You should have either 3 bet a good size pre or fold flop/turn otherwise.
  • i think it was a fold when the solid player called $50, and even if you push all in, you only have $15, nobody's going anywhere.
  • There is no way EP2 folds to your $15 all-in bet on the river and the BB would likely call

thanks. now i feel better. exactly the reason why i didnt push the $15.

im thinkin even if i did a lil bit of acting or insta-pushed as soon as i see the K, they woulda still called... lol...

part 2 of my FML story @ AC came about 3 hands right after that...

some supervisor came and switched the two deck of cards at the table... dealer laid out the new cards... did the count.. shuffle, etc...

2 hands later, i got AK utg... i pushed my remaining $15.... everybody folds to this lady on the sb or bb? called...

i flopped a K... she showed J6 hearts and hit her runner runner flush (one heart came on the flop)

FML. haha.
  • ILike2Play wrote: »
    i think it was a fold when the solid player called $50, and even if you push all in, you only have $15, nobody's going anywhere.

like highflyer was saying, turns out the BB was drawing onto something and missed. he may have a J as well, true. but exactly my thoughts on the $15. thanks.
  • ILike2Play wrote: »
    i think it was a fold when the solid player called $50, and even if you push all in, you only have $15, nobody's going anywhere.
    thanks. now i feel better. exactly the reason why i didnt push the $15.

im thinkin even if i did a lil bit of acting or insta-pushed as soon as i see the K, they woulda still called... lol...

part 2 of my FML story @ AC came about 3 hands right after that...

some supervisor came and switched the two deck of cards at the table... dealer laid out the new cards... did the count.. shuffle, etc...

2 hands later, i got AK utg... i pushed my remaining $15.... everybody folds to this lady on the sb or bb? called...

i flopped a K... she showed J6 hearts and hit her runner runner flush (one heart came on the flop)

FML. haha.

No reload? ewwww.

Seriously you played this horrible.

1) preflop raise/fold
    2) flop raise/fold
    3) FOLD THE TURN ... You have 2 people that love there hands and one player is solid.
    4) You might as well put your last $15 in cause nobody is going to fold to you in any hand.
    5) RELOAD!!!
  • Oh and never post results for a hand analysis.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    No reload? ewwww.

1) preflop raise/fold
    2) flop raise/fold
    3) FOLD THE TURN ... You have 2 people that love there hands and one player is solid.
    4) You might as well put your last $15 in cause nobody is going to fold to you in any hand.
    5) RELOAD!!!

lol. point well taken by the fish, sir. tyvm.

i would have if it wasn't for the $145 tab between the missus and i that i picked up at Phillips Seafood. I now blame that seafood scampi and clams & mussels appetizer.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    No reload? ewwww.

1) preflop raise/fold
    2) flop raise/fold
    5) RELOAD!!!

Pretty much nailed it.

1.) Playing the flop with 4 other players is like bingo...I only play bingo for 1 or 2 BB's....raise/fold

2.) As played, I'm folding here unless I sense weekness in their hands...too many people seeing this flop

3.) This should be a snap fold with a bet and call in front of you....folding>shoving>calling

4.) You should never be left with $15 in front of you when the pot is >$100...nobody folds ever to a river ship

5.) Reload
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Pretty much nailed it.

1.) Playing the flop with 4 other players is like bingo...I only play bingo for 1 or 2 BB's....raise/fold

2.) As played, I'm folding here unless I sense weekness in their hands...too many people seeing this flop

3.) This should be a snap fold with a bet and call in front of you....folding>shoving>calling

4.) You should never be left with $15 in front of you when the pot is >$100...nobody folds ever to a river ship

5.) Reload

Agreed, in my first response I was only thinking of what I would do since you called. AJoff even on the button is an easy fold pre or jam all in and try to steal the $30 or so that was already there.
  • Also important to note is the order of events, as I hope the action did not go EP-BB-Button...