I want to make a hero fold in the sunday $530

This is the hand I mentioned I'd post from last weekend. Villian is a winning hsmtt player, I havent noted him doing anything out of line, pretty crazy spot for him to show up with a bluff.

PokerStars Game #66683083755: Tournament #435020018, $500+$30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (60/120) - 2011/08/28 16:51:12 ET
Table '435020018 32' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: PokerToronto (6473 in chips)
Seat 2: Aduobe4 (19310 in chips)
Seat 3: DOCTORB911 (17552 in chips)
Seat 4: superkid-bam (8400 in chips)
Seat 5: ThEcLaiMEer (9372 in chips)
Seat 6: bEatNicK"OG" (11750 in chips)
Seat 7: Beauty Dj (11913 in chips)
Seat 8: SyrahJenNe (10000 in chips)
Seat 9: PapaGreggio (16902 in chips)
Beauty Dj: posts small blind 60
SyrahJenNe: posts big blind 120
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PokerToronto [Jd Js]
PapaGreggio: raises 120 to 240
PokerToronto: calls 240
Aduobe4: folds
DOCTORB911: folds
superkid-bam: folds
ThEcLaiMEer: folds
bEatNicK"OG": folds
Beauty Dj: folds
SyrahJenNe: calls 120
*** FLOP *** [7c 3d 8h]
SyrahJenNe: checks
PapaGreggio: bets 360
PokerToronto: calls 360
SyrahJenNe: calls 360
*** TURN *** [7c 3d 8h] [2c]
SyrahJenNe: checks
PapaGreggio: checks
PokerToronto: bets 1140
SyrahJenNe: folds
PapaGreggio: calls 1140
*** RIVER *** [7c 3d 8h 2c] [3s]
PapaGreggio: bets 15162 and is all-in (5k ish effective)

Comments

• sadly your crushed or getting robbed with AK off suit...this is a fold
  • I'm probably not folding, I'm too curious as to why he didn't ship turn if he's gonna play it liek this
  • Lol I have no idea what he's holding, that's such a funky line he took
  • polarized, hes trying to get the max or bluffing with AK.....I would think trying to get the max, folding sucks but sometimes your still beat, worst case hes against 77 or 88 and that just sucks!
  • I stared at this for like 3 min before coming to a decision. I fold and tip my hat if hes bluffing. The kind of hands I see us beating are busted nut flush draws but I expect I check jam on the turn with that. I think this line is AA or KK. Doesnt jam turn as hes trying to be sneaky and confuse you, which hes done to all of us haha. I think his plan was to do exactly this, he knew once he flatted turn he was gonna jam turn. Really praying for a blank so it may look like a missed draw. Arg I really hate to fold here but I think you have too.......results? did you fold?
  • set of 2's
  • compuease wrote: »
    set of 2's

Which would in fact be a full house (2-2-2-3-3)
  • djgolfcan wrote: »

DING DING DING....tell him what he's won bob!:p
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    omg you just burned a mod...
  • ugh...this is where I suck..lol

I don't feel like he check calls the turn when a brick comes off with a monster. He is gonna continue for value..your stack doesn't scare him and he wants all your chips in asap if he is holding AA, KK and maybe QQ. Now..if he is holding 99 or 1010, and maybe qq..and the flush doesn't complete, straight doesn't complete...he now can make it look like he is bluffing in hopes you hero call with A high or a small to mid pair..and he is thinking if you do have JJ or qq yourself...how can you call?

Now, tell me how wrong my thoughts are..lol
  • Its one of those polarizing moments kinda especially in the levels like this to just chip it up and not show hands or strength so to speak....if you fold he doesnt show his monster, if you call he shows strength only and not a bluff....I think you got screwed by the inferior pre-flop hand 22 is a good range to think or perhaps the ace 3 of clubs?? oh that would suck!
  • Regs are so withered, there's such a small % of them that would take this line as a bluff, ESPECIALLY on a Sunday. It's almost always going to be a boat or something where they're taking a fishy looking line to try and confuse you into calling when they actually just have it always. If they were 1-tabling or something, or I really thought they were creative/respected their game, I might consider calling, but if I didn't have any strong reads/history (don't know much about greggio), I'd just lol/muck.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    Regs are so withered, there's such a small % of them that would take this line as a bluff, ESPECIALLY on a Sunday. It's almost always going to be a boat or something where they're taking a fishy looking line to try and confuse you into calling when they actually just have it always. If they were 1-tabling or something, or I really thought they were creative/respected their game, I might consider calling, but if I didn't have any strong reads/history (don't know much about greggio), I'd just lol/muck.

noted.