$4.40 180man MTT

There are 33 players left.

PokerStars Game #66742723163: Tournament #434219051, $4.10+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2011/08/29 21:51:09 ET
Table '434219051 7' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: AndiM64 (11191 in chips)
Seat 2: mjunior75 (9411 in chips)
Seat 3: agent1589 (4125 in chips)
Seat 4: andmandaka (4147 in chips)
Seat 5: sherdona (7545 in chips)
Seat 6: Sick Wolf (6605 in chips)
Seat 7: Creemore41 (5130 in chips)
Seat 9: djgolfcan (10279 in chips)
AndiM64: posts the ante 25
mjunior75: posts the ante 25
agent1589: posts the ante 25
andmandaka: posts the ante 25
sherdona: posts the ante 25
Sick Wolf: posts the ante 25
Creemore41: posts the ante 25
djgolfcan: posts the ante 25
AndiM64: posts small blind 125
mjunior75: posts big blind 250
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to djgolfcan [Kc Ah]
agent1589: folds
andmandaka: folds
sherdona: folds
Sick Wolf: folds
Creemore41: folds
djgolfcan: raises 500 to 750
AndiM64: folds
mjunior75: raises 949 to 1699
djgolfcan: ??

With 40BB prior to the start of the hand, are we looking to get it all in preflop ? Can I just call / fold when / if I miss the flop ? What types of hands is villain going to fold to a 4-bet shove ?

Or am I reading to much into a $4 MTT ? and this is a standard spot to get it all in.

Comments

• Lets clarify.

You want to see how to get all the money in here.

Youre the button raising his BB, and if Im villain you have the perfect stack size for me to 3bet the kitchies.

I 4 bet very small to induce spaz.
  • i think we can do anything here......but im raising smaller pre so i have more room to do it....getting it in isn't bad here....well we can't fold tho ;p
  • as yoda says i raise less so more room, I usually min raise at this stage. as played id 4 bet to around 3200-3400. looking to get it in here. AK is like the nuts in a spot like this.
  • darbday wrote: »
    i think we can do anything here......but im raising smaller pre so i have more room to do it....getting it in isn't bad here....well we can't fold tho ;p

Im a fan of aboot 580 on the puck here.

Range villain 3bets here: wide
    Range villain calls 4bet shove: not wide
    Range villain 5bet shoves min4bet: in the middle somewhere
  • Well, I ended up shoving into him and he called with 9-9 ??!?

he held, I lost, good game me. Well, not quite, but next hand I had JJ and ran into AA.
  • edit: ugh were on button......feeling like shovin looks weakest.....and minraising looks strongest...;p

flat isn't prob not a good idea but if you ever do don't fold.....

but ya i really don't think hes bluffing here and if he is hes prob calling anyways ;p
  • if i have 99 im prob not folding here ever either haha. im a fish though
  • darbday wrote: »
    i think we can do anything here......but im raising smaller pre so i have more room to do it....getting it in isn't bad here....well we can't fold tho ;p

edit: ugh were on button......feeling like shovin looks weakest.....and minraising looks strongest...;p

flat isn't prob not a good idea but if you ever do don't fold.....

but ya i really don't think hes bluffing here and if he is hes prob calling anyways ;p

complete wrong mind set haha, just throw those ideas out of your head. Just dont ask questions and do it :P it works haha. once logic is clear from your mind then you will see the light :wink2:
  • if i have 99 im prob not folding here ever either haha. im a fish though

Yea doubt Im folding alot in this spot. Was just going to say I doubt either played the hand wrong.
  • complete wrong mind set haha, just throw those ideas out of your head. Just dont ask questions and do it :P it works haha. once logic is clear from your mind then you will see the light :wink2:
    i just think in a 4 dollar game he has no 3bet fold range here....but maybe if he ever does we need to do that.....

however very well said i won't ask ill just keep it in mind and learn it....

def been practicing those smaller bet sizes.....thx
  • haha you can always ask was jk lol just have to trust it, people dont always read the min 5 bet as strong, other is its a cheap steal attempt. I use small bets so I get more play out of my stacks, and to try to keep control of pots.
  • haha you can always ask was jk lol just have to trust it, people dont always read the min 5 bet as strong, other is its a cheap steal attempt. I use small bets so I get more play out of my stacks, and to try to keep control of pots.
    noted