Odds and Ends . . .

So, today was my Dad's birthday, and he decided we should go through my late Mom's jewellery box, and sort out the memories . . .

like a silver bracelet that I received as a present when I was 8. It no longer fit after a few years, so my Mom put it away for me, knowing I would probably want it back eventually. I did . . .

like a silver cross earring that I used to wear in my younger days. Why she would have kept it, I have no idea, but she did, and I have it again (but will not wear it, tyvm).

the card we sent out announcing my daughter's birth, almost 15 years ago . . .

In the three years since my Mom has passed, there have been several occasions where we have been able to smile at something that has popped up, knowing that my Mom planned for it to happen EXACTLY that way: like my wife inheriting her sewing gear, and finding a green mountain pottery Squirrel in one of the drawers (Karen hates squirrels).

This may be the last of Mom's little surprises, but who knows?

Just thought I'd share . . . :)

Comments

• I know the warm feeling...... keep it with you always..
  • Memories are always nice. When my mom passed away I found (in her apartment) a plastic keepsake card she had bought and probably intended to give it to me that Christmas. (She passed away December 13 2002). The card had my name inscribed on it with a little poem underneath. I have that card in my wallet now. I take it out and look at it when I am particularly missing her and it is nice to have. :)
  • Yeah, my Mom did similar things for my Dad . . . clipping out random poems, phrases, that she meant to help ease my Dad's feelings of loss. He was still finding them over a year after she passed . . . I hope to be able to do the same thing when my time is coming . . .
  • Wow that's amazing Milo. You're mom sounds to have been an incredible woman. You're very blessed.

Really it almost sounds like something that could be made into a movie script. Very beautiful and touching. Thanks for sharing.