River Rock $70+10 report

It was good meeting ya Anton, think I lasted longer than you in the tourney because i didnt see you around when i busted out....

Tourney Report

$70+10 freezeout at River Rock, richmond, BC

Start w/ 2500 in tourney chips, blinds start at 25-25

I am seated in Seat 7 (11 per table)
The button is seat 8 to start the tourney.
I didnt want to make the same mistake that i had made when i played the rebuy tourney there in december so i remembered that

Key hands from tourney

25-25

im utg+2 and i look down to see QQ, im thinkin, BEAUTIFUL! now lets see what i can do with it.....i made it 100 togo (75 raise) and one player flat calls, every1 else folded, blinds included

flop comes, 3-Q-3 .....
no 1 could see it, but i was jumping for joy in my head!
I checked my boat, he bets 100, i flat call

Onto the turn, the beautiful, best card, Q! i just made quads baby in the first hand i played in the tourney. i check hoping to call and make a bet on the river. he checked right behind me though, so i had to make a bet on the river. There was about 450 in the pot and i bet 225 hoping for a call, in which he did , i showed my quads, and he mucked, NICE small pot but i have no complaints, and i have about 3000 in chips

25-50

I call the sb w/ QTo after 6-7 ppl limped in

flop comes: 6 9 J (rainbow) so i have the OE draw to the nuts
old guy in MP bets 200, im the only one to call, turn is a beautful 8 (completing rainbow). i checked, he bet 300, i made it 800 to go, and he pushed instantly, in which i also called instantly (had the nuts) and he turned over QT as well, so chop chop

Im at about 33-3400 or so at this pt

This hand i screwed up and could of PLAYED MUCH BETTER, but i relized(sp) my mistake

Dealt Q8d on the button and about 5-6 ppl limped in so i did as well, and the flop came nicely

Jd 9d 8c

So i had bottom pair, with a gutshot str8 draw, gutshot str8 flush draw, and the queen high flush draw
checked to me, i checked (mistake #1)

Turn: 2d (completed my Queen high flush)
Guy to my right after checked to him bet 200.....i flat called (bad play) and the person to his right came in as well

River: 7d

The guy to his right bet 300, he folded, and i made a bad play and called, of course he turned the Ad over and rivered me....

I should of raised the turn a large amount to isolate the action
The guy to my right said he had made his baby-flush

Ouch, that stung a bit, down to about 2200 or so in chips

Moved to a new table... Seat 3

75-150

I see AKo in Utg+3 and i make it 750 to go, and a guy in LP pushed for about 600 more or so, i called and he turned over KQo and spiked a queen on me...

I was thinking, well im probably done for, i was left w/ 475 in chips, and the big blind was going to hit me in like 2 hands, so the next hand, i looked down and saw Q9s and i pushed, folded to the big blind, who had a huge stack, and called w/ A4o

Flop: 3-2-3
Turn: 2
River: 9

YES! i more than double up and was ok

100-200

Same table like 1-2 hands later, i was in Big blind w/ 1400 or so ,one limper utg and the big stack limped in, all else folded , i see A9s in big blind, i pushed and took 400 from blinds

I get moved to a new table, seat 6

150-300

Stole some blinds w/ A8 and 77

150-300 ante 50

was about 2000 in chips or so, and in big blind i see 77 after utg limped and button limped
-i pushed all in, button called pretty quick so i thought i was in trouble, but he turned over 66 and was pwned by my 77 when i turned a set (gave him flush draw) but he missed

I doubled up and was sitting at a cool 4300 or so

150-300 ante 75

I had been widdled down to about 3200 or so, and utg goes all in for about 625 total, i see KQc, and i push all in to protect my hand because i thought i was ahead, every1 else folded, and sure enough i was, he had JTo, we both missed but my King high took it and i have about 4000 again

Widdled down some more from antes back to like 3200 again, and UTG i have AQo, i pushed all in and the button called (i had him covered by like 1000), every1 else folded, he has A8h and spiked an 8 on the flop......

Now i thought i was done for again for sure.....

So i post my Big blind and ante and im left w/ 625 in chips
guy in late position calls, and sb completes, i pushed all in w/ K4s
the ep player called, and sb folded
ep show sJTh and we both miss, my K-high plays and im back in it (somewhat)

200-400 ante 100
card dead and widdled down

400-800 ante 100
just before the big blind im moved to the area w/ the final 3 tables and there was some huge stacks at my table

i had about 4900 when i was moved, but blinds went up fast and antes quickly added up, all i was seeing was 36o,92o and no playable hands

500-1500 ante 200

finally, i was widdled down to about 2600 and i saw my first Ace in like an hour, i pushed all in for a measly about 925 more
another shortstacked (4000 or so) pushed and both blinds folded

He had QJo
vs
My A4o

Flop: 9-T-9
Turn: 8.........and im drawing dead

river ; blank

So i finished in 35th place, out of 165 people (top 15 paid)

But all in all, im really happy with how i played, and made it a lot further that i thought i would, but i had to like quadruple up like 5 times to even have a chance lol, but ya

Nice meeting you Anton again, hope to hear where u finished and how u got knocked out

My buddy Ray was on the table beside me and he had built an ok stack so hopefully he moneys because two weeks ago he got 21st/165 in the 90+10 so hopefully he fared well.

Well thats it, Thanks for reading all

Pigga (James)

Comments

• i was at your table.

:) i came like 20th after losing four hands in a row. the crapshoot got me again.

funny tourney, best hand i saw was AQ all day. I was lucky to win three 3 1/2-1 dogs in a row, only reason i got so far. then missed a bunch of coinflips, bubbled my 5th rock tourney in a row and wanted to kill myself.

later
    hg
  • Good to meet you too Pigga! sorry i missed ya , i didnt feel like hangin around after my bust...

I was out in about 40th position...i played solid poker all day, both tables i played at were extremely tight and only good hands were being shown...one guy at my first table got pocket Kings three times in a row. still playing super tight i managed to make it that far with only an average or even stack. whenever i made a move on someone they would fold, it was not going my way...then the blinds sstarted eating away at me ...im thinking not good...the rotation alone was 2800 after the second break!!!! after the last break where i busted out i was in the small blind with Q-9 SB was 400 and ante was 100 leaving me with 525 after that...the other shortstack moves all in...im out of options really because i will be anted out in 4 hands..so i call heads up action, the 2 shortatcks lol, he has
    K-9 nothing hits the board he wins with K kicker and that was my night. I was happy with my play, just maybe thought back and wasnt sure if I should have played a couple more pots aggressively when I thought there was weakness. Oh well, another tourney another day, Ive still picked up some critical experience ( as i try to every tourney i eneter)..ill be back next time.
  • HG - which table? 18? I was the guy in the pokerstars fleece

which guy were you? hopefully not the one that busted me w/ QJ :)
  • also, u see it when that guy went all in w/ 77 on the Q85 flop and the big blind flopped top two? wow he got lucky 10 outs on river to catch the set.....the turn gave him some str8ing outs though
  • I was the dude running over the table (getting lucky) I had 30k chips at my peak.

I was the AJ vs that idiots KJ if that helps u rememeber.

peace
    hg
  • when he spiked a king right? the guy that had like under 1k and somehow won 3 pots in a row....and then lost most of it w/ the Q8 top two right?

whenever u made a bet ur face would sink into your sweater so we couldnt see your mouth for any tells.....wearing glasses too right?
  • YEah That was me.

green sweater.