Wow, that's close by. Tornado struck Goderich, ON

Not my vid, but just a little snap from Youtube of a town about 1/2hr away from me that got smashed very hard by a tornado earlier today.

goderich tornado - YouTube

Dogs were certainly acting strange right around the time this was happening.

Comments

• strange . . . not a trailer to be seen . . .
  • Hope no major injuries
  • It was a pretty bad one. Lots of brick buildings with walls torn down. State of emergency declared. From the looks of the skies around here, this isn't over yet. If you've ever been to Goderich, the town square is devastated.

Sounds like a number of injuries so far, areas blocked off so emerg crews can hunt for others.

305225_10150299369962855_262801602854_7768384_2046842_n.jpg
  • crazy chit
  • Hang tight tonight Bill!!!
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Hang tight tonight Bill!!!

Yep, keep those cell phones handy.
  • Thanks guys. Strangely quiet here right now. A little windy, but nothing compared to this afternoon. Upgraded to tornado warning a few minutes ago. Weather network site crashing due to volume.

Edit: I just checked three different radars online and it looks like the worst is past us and heading most of your way.

Just managed to get through to weather network. Do not like it when the words "red alert" are used and they advise not to leave the house.

Blackberry at the ready. Water bottles filled. Dog food in bags. Ready to go.

My house was built by a madman I've recently found out. This thing will most certainly not survive anything drastic. At the end of the day, it's only a house.

Hope this ends well.
  • Going through Milton right now but believe the worst is south of us, Burlington/Oakville.
  • Just ripped through here.

Gone now
  • We are getting hammered (pun intended) right now. Great light show and lots of wind. Skyway is closed.
  • Everybody OK?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Everybody OK?

nope..... :) Well I still haven't won a wsop event...
  • Im told in goderich they had 12 minutes notice (weather watchers are tards!) really 12 minutes thats like get your kids, get your pets, some clothes, can goods and things to burn and get in the basement MAYBE

Instead your in a panic, get your kids and run into the basement and starve to death!!

Sorry about your luck with the wsop comp but, I havent won once either so dont feel too bad