TORONTO Poker in Midtown 7 Nights a Week

Home - Toronto's Best Poker Club

1-3 no limit holdem action

Free beer, wine, pop, water, BBQ, snack food

647 400 9678

Comments

• I was in the area on Sunday so I went over to play in the tourney. It was supposed to start at 3pm, but with the storm that raged through at about that time, things really didn't get going until 4pm. No fault of the organizers, who can plan for a torrential rain storm.

It is a $70+$10 buy-in and they supply the dealers. $10,000 chips to start and the blind levels are 15min. Usually faster than I like but they do go up gradually (25/50 - 50/100 - 75/150 - 100/200, etc... and no antes)

It worked for the amount of people that came out too, as we only had 11 players brave the elements. Top 2 got paid and I was fortunate enough to win ($450 after tipping the dealer). They have a $1/$3 cash game after the tourney but I didn't play in it.

Players were nice enough and were average - above average in ability. Organizer said that there would be more players after labour day.

One real draw back was the lack of parking (Yonge & Eglington area). I wouldn't go out of my to play it again but if I was already going to be in the area, I'd go again.
  • gone are the days of the topless waitresses
  • I just heard from a buddy that a few 'underground' games have been busted by SWAT teams lately and that at one underground place, that he would have been at except for a late running dinner engagement, some 'hoods' busted into the place and violently robbed all the players at gunpoint. Several of these people were friends of his that he was supposed to meet there.

Certainly not insinuating anything about this locale or game in particular but do want to ask, what, if any, security precautions are in place for this game?

I did notice the indication of your new " SUPER SAFE, SECURE AND EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE HOME!" but was wondering what details you feel you can safely release here?
  • Cozisaid wrote: »
    I just heard from a buddy that a few 'underground' games have been busted by SWAT teams lately

Any idea when? Hasn't been in the news. Anyone know which clubs?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Any idea when? Hasn't been in the news. Anyone know which clubs?

asked around, no clubs in the GTA have been busted recently. Not sure where you are getting this from??
  • I'll find out. Will get back to ya here. I'm just back in town so I have no idea at the moment but I imagine it would not be the kind of thing anyone would be too eager to advertise.

Maybe it was longer ago than I understood but like I said, I'll find out.
  • My experience of the 'Toronto live poker scene' was a couple years ago, but it was bad enough that I havent ventured back since. Outrageous rake and shady characters were the norm. There were strong suspicions that a game was rigged to be robbed from the inside (they were running two bigger 5-10 games that night instead of the regular stakes) and that was when I had enough. I just dont think its worth the risk of heading into the unknown and paying a ton of rake against weird dudes vs playing online or hosting a rake free game with your buddies.

When I hear about the places getting robbed or busted by the cops, Im never suprised.