10/20 Mid set, wet turn vs a Good Lag.

Live 10/20.

UTG is a good lag, Limps for 20
3 more limpers and I overlimp with 77,

Flop comes 975 2 spades.

UTG LAG bets 75, 2 callers,

Normally I would raise to about 400, but I think I have a very nitty image, so I raise small to 275, Only the UTG LAG raiser calls.

Turn 8 spades...

Yuck it hit every draw.

Now there is 4 to a straight and 3 to a flush on board.

LAG checks,

I ???

Comments

• Check for pot control and hope you boat up?
  • I agree with johnnie, LAG is going for the raise to all-in....just hope you fill up
  • how does a good lag open limp pre ???
  • I guess the issue here is if you raise the flop are you ready to put more in on the turn. In this instance I may just call because of how wet the board is. My hand doesn't play well multiway here with lags unless I fill up. You also have the chance to bluff a lot of turn cards by not raising the flop. Then by smashing the turn you can see who actually has a hand instead of now "guessing" and because you made a move on the flop.

Basically you can't rep a flush or straight in this instance the way you played the hand pre flop so checking is your only option on the turn. If you had 2 spades or suited connectors I would have tended to smash the flop like you did so you could lead out on the turn and get check raised etc....
  • darbday wrote: »
    how does a good lag open limp pre ???

I would guess this is live?
  • compuease wrote: »

Yes this is live.
  • I guess the issue here is if you raise the flop are you ready to put more in on the turn. In this instance I may just call because of how wet the board is. My hand doesn't play well multiway here with lags unless I fill up. You also have the chance to bluff a lot of turn cards by not raising the flop. Then by smashing the turn you can see who actually has a hand instead of now "guessing" and because you made a move on the flop.

Basically you can't rep a flush or straight in this instance the way you played the hand pre flop so checking is your only option on the turn. If you had 2 spades or suited connectors I would have tended to smash the flop like you did so you could lead out on the turn and get check raised etc....

Interesting ...

I never considered checking such a wet board with 3 other people in the pot.

I put both of the callers on draws...
    in most case you are correct to remind my thats its live play but here the definition of good lag is going to imply he doesn't ever limp utg....
  • . In this instance I may just call because of how wet the board is.
    would this be the exact reason we raise for value?
    My hand doesn't play well multiway here with lags unless I fill up. .
    a set? on a wet board doesn't play well?

You also have the chance to bluff a lot of turn cards by not raising the flop. Then by smashing the turn you can see who actually has a hand instead of now "guessing" and because you made a move on the flop.
    turning a set into a bluff?

getting it in behind?
  • isn't this just a standard pot the flop jam any turn?
  • To further clarify LAGs are never folding a draw in these positions and if I am going to make a smallish bet on the flop its just as good as a check. The bet sizing in this hand is a little iffy if you are looking to take away the odds for LAGs to call on their draws incorrectly.

The turn just completes everything you thought they were looking to hit on the flop...so really you have technically just dumped 275 with no chance of getting that back unless you fill on the river because there is no way you can call any bets on the river in position.
    in most case you are correct to remind my thats its live play but here the definition of good lag is going to imply he doesn't ever limp utg....

you really believe that? ever is a long time...
    you really believe that? ever is a long time...
    i know i know..but i was hoping implies was a soft one...:)

maybe i could say generaly implies..
  • This sounds a lot like another crappy loose passive player then. I don't see any stack sizes
  • And what was the outcome Reef?
  • Live 10/20.

UTG is a good lag, Limps for 20
    3 more limpers and I overlimp with 77,

Flop comes 975 2 spades.

UTG LAG bets 75, 2 callers,

Normally I would raise to about 400, but I think I have a very nitty image, so I raise small to 275, Only the UTG LAG raiser calls.

Turn 8 spades...

Yuck it hit every draw.

LAG checks,

I ???
    Luu wrote: »
    And what was the outcome Reef?

$805 or so in the pot,

I'm highly suspicious of the lag Limping UTG ($6K back). This is the first limp UTG I've seen by him.

I'm short stacked $2k.

I check the turn,

River Kh

Lag makes a tiny $250 bet...

What do you do?
    how does a good lag open limp pre ???

Good point, I'm wondering the same...
  • With a check on the Turn and smallish best of 1/4 of the pot - I am thinking that he does not have a made flush or straight even though he limped UTG.

Having said that I would call and show the set - unsure if I would raise and have a LAG re-raise me and put me in a tough spot. If you were to re-raise, what would you raise to? Pot size?
  • REEEEKS of a made hand...
    IF you think LAG is good, then I'd SAY fold, but I would definetely call and call him a suck out donkey when he shows me a flush/straight.
    A lot of LAGs like to make a small blocking bet here with 2pair though.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if he shows up with 98o here a lot....
    Which is why I call.
  • check and bink... I really dont see any hands he call here with. I hate bet folding here coz you have good equity and could very well be ahead. If you bet, you should have the intention of calling if raised.
  • check and bink... I really dont see any hands he call here with. I hate bet folding here coz you have good equity and could very well be ahead. If you bet, you should have the intention of calling if raised.

Can't check. Opp bet. It's fold, call or raise. Personally, I go with the call and curse method.
  • I call.

We only have to be right here 1 in 5 times to make this EV neutral. Given the amount of bluffs in lags range, I think we have to call.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Can't check. Opp bet. It's fold, call or raise. Personally, I go with the call and curse method.

Yuck it hit every draw.

LAG checks,

my bad.. I only read the first part and that was his initial question.. .what to do on turn