ESPN K-Zone

what the fak is with the K-zone box during the baseball games now? Reminds me of the that silly puck "trail" that NBC tried a few years ago.

Comments

• pretty sure it was Fox that tried the puck trail
  • Can you describe this K-zone box? Is it like some movies on tv now where they have a box at the bottom and hint the music that's playing means something unexpected will happen soon?
  • It's just a box that shows the outline of the strike zone of the hitter at bat. Then it shows the position of the pitched ball as it passes through the zone and whether it should have been called a ball or strike.

I don't mind it too much and it sure helps the more novice fans realize the difference that perspective makes with the camera angles. No more shouts of "that was inside!" on a pitch down the middle.
  • It's just a box that shows the outline of the strike zone of the hitter at bat. Then it shows the position of the pitched ball as it passes through the zone and whether it should have been called a ball or strike.

I don't mind it too much and it sure helps the more novice fans realize the difference that perspective makes with the camera angles. No more shouts of "that was inside!" on a pitch down the middle.

Like that would change a spectators opinion. Shite...half the fun of a ball game is calling strikes/balls from 200' away.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Like that would change a spectators opinion. Shite...half the fun of a ball game is betting quarters on strikes/balls from 200' away after 2 pitchers of beer.

fyp

oh wait, am I the only one?