Picking a 2nd site to play on

So I just picked a 2nd site to stars, it is a euro site(where I have won my most profit's) so I have to buy in with their currency which makes it a lil more expensive but I am just going to see how it goes for now against drunk euro donks.

Played 2 bounty 20 man's and started off horrible(just like stars and anywhere else the last 2 freakin days) and the 2nd one started off bad but then I became a 2-1 chip leader:) then fell short when the other big stack rivered a straight:bs:, finished 3rd with 1 bounty to get to even anyway.

But what do you look for in picking a 2nd site to play on?

- I look for deposit/withdrawal methods that I can actually use.
- Some kind of traffic so I can multitable if I want to.
- Good selection of games and structure's.

Comments

• wooooooeeeeeeeeeeeee what a "poker" forum this is:rolleyes2:.

Anyway the 2nd site that I picked has now bombed as am having too many issues trying to log into my account so I can't take the chance. Too bad cause if you want opponents shoving 30-50 BB with crap those were the games!

That leaves pretty much titan as the only other choice like 5-10 dollar buy in's otherwise the lower buy in's are too high of rake as in party poker also which would be another choice of mine but I don't want to give blondefish a heart attack paying high rake.:p
  • Careful in picking sites, you may only get a rakeback deal with one skin. Good luck, Stars, Party, 888 I think are decent enough.
  • If you play single table SNGs, PartyPoker is finally lowering the rake.

$1 STTs: Buy-in and fee were $0.80 + $0.20 and will now become $0.85 + $0.15 (15% rake)
    $3 STTs: Buy-in and fee were $2.40 + $0.60 and will now become $2.70 + $0.30 (10% rake)
    $6 STTs: Buy-in and fee were $5.00 + $1.00 and will now become $5.40 + $0.60 (10% rake)

The changes will take effect on Monday, September 19. Hopefully, the same reductions will be made for multi-table SNGs.
    philliivey wrote: »
    the lower buy in's are too high of rake as in party poker also which would be another choice of mine
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    If you play single table SNGs, PartyPoker is finally lowering the rake.

$1 STTs: Buy-in and fee were $0.80 + $0.20 and will now become $0.85 + $0.15 (15% rake)
    $3 STTs: Buy-in and fee were $2.40 + $0.60 and will now become $2.70 + $0.30 (10% rake)
    $6 STTs: Buy-in and fee were $5.00 + $1.00 and will now become $5.40 + $0.60 (10% rake)

The changes will take effect on Monday, September 19. Hopefully, the same reductions will be made for multi-table SNGs.

Sweeet! I think:-[.

I will take a look at em, thanks blondefish!:)
  • Hey blondefish(or anyone really) what are your thoughts on the 6 buck stt's with the new buy in and payouts? Is it a better deal to play now or still meh in your opinion?

Like it use to be 25 bucks for 1st, not it is 22 bucks:confused: and your still paying 6 bucks.
  • What are the new payout structures? PartyPoker does a horrible job of disclosing basic information on the SNGs such as rake, blind structure, payout structure, etc.

Since the $5.40 +$0.60 SNGs have 40% lower rake than before, then it is a better deal. If one was a break-even player or 0 ROI before due to the high rake, now you can make +8% ROI.
    philliivey wrote: »
    Hey blondefish(or anyone really) what are your thoughts on the 6 buck stt's with the new buy in and payouts? Is it a better deal to play now or still meh in your opinion?

Like it use to be 25 bucks for 1st, not it is 22 bucks:confused: and your still paying 6 bucks.
  • Hey blondefish

Ya you are right, party does a horrible job for details, that is the one thing that I hate cause I want to see the structure before hand.

Oooops a mistake on my last post, it is 5.00 for buy in now for 10 man's, they still had 6 bucks ones in the lobby so was a lil confused,lol.

For 1st place it is $22.00, 2nd place is $13.20 and 3rd place is $8.80.

As far as I know same structure as before.