WSOP Super sat results

Played the 1k tourney last night.Lets start off by saying i thought the game started at 11pm as indicated in the properties of the tournament from the site how i saw it.Arrived home from work at 9:05 pm to the phone ringing...my buddy"dude where the hell were you the game started your blinded out!!"I'm like what?Lucky for me i leave the comp on during the day,run over to see that he's right im almost 10 min late ,goddam i dont even have my shoes off yet.

OK dont worry at least you made it .Now game on.

Fold everything that comes my way,BB is in 5 hands so i say i start when they get here,just watch for time being see what i missed so far.
41 players entered 3 main event seats open for winners.

BB comes to me i got 77.
Statrted the tourney with 1k in chips ,missed 1 bb and 1 sb so far.
Middle pos player raises to 75 ,blinds are 15/30.i fold
Flpo comes QQJ good fold i say.2players in both check.
Turn comes ....7.Arg left the room for a min didnt see what happened for the rest of the hand .
Things start picking up a bit .I'm up to 1300.Get AK sp in first pos.Blinds are 30/60,
I raise to 90.2 callers player in mid pos raises all in 540.
SB and BB fold,I re-raise all-in .2 other callers fold.All in player turns over A4 off...
flop comes 6 9 3 rainbow turn 7 riv a 4.
ARG I leave the room again do a circle walk in the kithen..count to 10.OK im over it game on again.Play continues for a while i get some small pot build back up to1500.
16 players left now I get 88 in first pos.Dont remember what blinds were 50/100 i think or 75/150.Raise to 250 with 88.1 caler flop comes A 8 J rainbow .Sweet i check ,player quickly bets 600 i raise all in he calls he had AQ i double up to 3k 14 left now...
Float around 3 k till theres like 11 players left.I ppick up AQ D's in mid pos.Blinds are150/300 now.Raise to 700 BB re-raises 30 more to 1k...thinkn about this for a sec
player has maybe 1k more than me and I've seen him do this twice to 2 others before me so call for a flop. 2 3 6 rainbow blah..BB pushes in a heartbeat im all in if want want to call Funny thing is I still think im ahead here not sure if i made a mistake here or not but i fold.
2k left next hand its final table
2 PLAYERS COME IN WITH 10 K 1 OF THEM IS A SUPER GOOD PLAYER HAVE LOTS OF NOTES ON HIM.3 others i see are good too others are lucky to still be in.10 k player raises to 750 ,10k playerB calls.Flpo comes Q 5 8.10k A moves all in 10B quick calls A shows AA B shows 555 .Dam now B has 20 k hes in.8 players left now its the very next hand,AA loser moves all-in.I'm onn sb with AJ suited.Maybe mistake #2 i call i have him coverd by about 100 so if i win double up to 4 k with 7 players left.3 get seats.I cal A comes on flop yay! player flips he's got A 10 suited. turn comes brick ,riv comes 10...

UUUGGGGHHHH needles to say 8th place is where i ended up out of 41 players.Player that took me out busted 2 hands later so i felt better.Chip leader ent all the way to win it.

2 mistakes i may have made or 2 bad beats?if u suffer through reading this and have any tips or advice on my plays all is welcome thx.

Yayiwin

Comments

• Damn. You really should have sold that seat. :wink:

j/k... sounds like you played well, but your hands didn't hold up when they needed to.
    Get AK sp in first pos.Blinds are 30/60,
    I raise to 90
    I'm not sure that's possible... you probably mean the blinds were 15/30 maybe?
    8 players left now its the very next hand,AA loser moves all-in.I'm onn sb with AJ suited.Maybe mistake #2 i call i have him coverd by about 100 so if i win double up to 4 k with 7 players left.
    Let me try to translate this.

Blinds 150/300. You have 2K. You have AJ suited in SB.

A player moves in pre-flop for about the same stack as yours. Folded to you, and it's your decision.

Well... if you think the guy's on tilt, you should call. However, I think you mentioned that he's a good player. Good players know that even after they get crippled, they're not out until they're out. So, this reduces the tilt factor.

It's a close decision, IMO. What makes it particularly close is that you are in the SB, which means you're just about to see another round of cards for free--I'm assuming there is no ante. Other determining factors are the average stack sizes of the other players. It seems to me that one guy (with 20K+) might have most of the chips, which would mean that all of the rest of you would be in similar predicaments, at about 6 or 7 times the BB.

AJ is a good hand to raise with, but not a good hand to call with. I laid down AJ suited in the BB to an UTG raise on Monday with 4 players left in a tournament, and was told I would have been up against AQ. Of course, who knows if this is true. The reasoning with AJ is that there are a lot of hands that people would raise with that can beat you, badly. (AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ.) There are a few that you are ahead of, but they are usually unlikely (KQ, AT, KJ). And you're about 50/50 with any pocket pair TT or smaller. You were lucky in that you happened to call when you were actually ahead (and obviously unlucky when you lost).

Personally, I might be able to find it in me to fold this hand. If I had a big stack, it's an easy call. If I had the same stack as you, or smaller, and I was about to pay the blinds, I'd probably move in with it, or call an all-in. But since you're about to be the button against opponents who are presumably playing very tight to try and win a seat, you might find that your chips would be put to better use with a late-position steal or two, or you might actually pick up a good hand to raise with... like AJ.

A couple of other factors... were the blinds just about to go up? And again, with so few players left, did you think there was a good chance that most of your opponents would tighten up considerably, giving you an opportunity to steal a little more liberally?
  • Fold everything that comes my way,BB is in 5 hands so i say i start when they get here,just watch for time being see what i missed so far.
    Very smart idea. I am aware of what I call "adrenalin burn" that occurs after I win or lose a big hand. The adrenalin starts pumping and I am not at my level headed best. I will occasionally give myself a "forced time out" in which I will ONLY play heavy cards and ONLY make simple moves. This ensures (I hope) that the boat is on an even keel before i start to get fancy.
    BB comes to me i got 77.
    Statrted the tourney with 1k in chips ,missed 1 bb and 1 sb so far.
    Middle pos player raises to 75 ,blinds are 15/30.i fold
    I probably call and take off the flop. It's only 5% of your stack for a chance at a BIG hand.
    Things start picking up a bit .I'm up to 1300.Get AK sp in first pos.Blinds are 30/60,
    I raise to 90.2 callers player in mid pos raises all in 540.
    I fold this hand. When the chips are deep I am very quiet with A-K. Don't want to get deeply involved with a drawing hand. That having been said, you call was great. You got a ton of chips in the middle as a 3-1 favourite. That's what NL players dream of.
    Float around 3 k till theres like 11 players left.I ppick up AQ D's in mid pos.Blinds are150/300 now.Raise to 700 BB re-raises 30 more to 1k...thinkn about this for a sec
    player has maybe 1k more than me and I've seen him do this twice to 2 others before me so call for a flop.
    Easy call for AQs. But the alarm is going "danger danger"
    2 3 6 rainbow blah..BB pushes in a heartbeat im all in if want want to call Funny thing is I still think im ahead here not sure if i made a mistake here or not but i fold.
    I fold too.
    AA loser moves all-in.I'm onn sb with AJ suited.Maybe mistake #2 i call i have him coverd by about 100 so if i win double up to 4 k with 7 players left.3 get seats.I cal A comes on flop yay! player flips he's got A 10 suited. turn comes brick ,riv comes 10...
    I probably fold. I have a full lap to look for another hand. But again, you made the right play and got it all in as a 3-1 favourite.

Looks to me like you played well. Close one.
  • Great play, you just had people draw out on you when you got your money in as a big favourite
  • Yay, im interested to know what yur handle is on truepoker.
    Good playing.
  • Until you posted this, I had no idea that this was an online tournament. :redface:
  • Thanks for the feedback guys I came oh so close .I can say i played my best maybe 2 mistakes ,definately the AJ suited call with 8 players left was a big chance but if i hit i double up with 7 players left i can live with my decision as i would hate to make it to last 8 and punk out folding my blinds away and not give myself a chance .Turns out they are going to have another tourney in April so 1 more chance for the big show.I learned a lot from this game:#1 i can play at this level and do well #2Never under-estimate the power to fold a good hand.

Look forward to the next one in April.Again thx for the input guys!
  • Yayiwin wrote:
    #1 i can play at this level and do well #2Never under-estimate the power to fold a good hand.
    #3 Don't let the naysayers trample on your dreams.

Good luck.