Bankroll advice

so I really need to get back into the grind when I can ( still way too busy at work and I have been pretty ill for the last week but getting better) and it is time to move up a level and get a lil more serious.

I want to start playing the 3.50 stt's on stars ( mainly my best game 18 man's), question is $200 enough for a guy who on a bad day has 30% ITM to upwards of like 60% with average of being about 40-47%ISH range?

I am still thinking of mixing in the micro's in this figure, is this a bad thing or O.K.?

How many "reg's do you think their is at this level with stars pretty much being the only place to play really.

For the record I am not worried about playing them just don't want the whole tourny full of em.

Comments

• With that roll, you'd have to go 50 games without cashing to go busto. I like 100 buyins for serious grinding in MTT SNGs. But you should be fine, if you cash in more than 30% of them.

As far as finding out how many regs there are, do a little research. Look at an 18man starting up and search for those players to see how many are multi-tabling. That will be you answer.
  • why are you judging your roi on a per day basis? lets talk on a 1k sample or something.....and regs are great to have around and by definition in a sense there will never be more than a few...of course...cause they won't play at a table thats loaded too right?

also all the regs are bad cause otherwise they would move up right?
  • The problem is that PokerStars is probably the toughest SNG site and only 1/4 of its players can beat the rake. If I can only afford a $200 deposit, I would try the following first:

1) Choose a site that has at least 27% rakeback and a deposit bonus, then play the softer SNGs there, e.g., Merge?

2) If the 100% rakeback promotion at PartyPoker will be extended past August 7, I would play the fee-free tournaments there (NOT the high-rake SNGs). Some of the tournaments have less than 3 full tables, so the winning strategies are the same as your SNGs.
  • And let the curse begin.................
  • darbday wrote: »
    why are you judging your roi on a per day basis? lets talk on a 1k sample or something.....and regs are great to have around and by definition in a sense there will never be more than a few...of course...cause they won't play at a table thats loaded too right?

also all the regs are bad cause otherwise they would move up right?

That's cause I am not.;)
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    The problem is that PokerStars is probably the toughest SNG site and only 1/4 of its players can beat the rake. If I can only afford a $200 deposit, I would try the following first:

1) Choose a site that has at least 27% rakeback and a deposit bonus, then play the softer SNGs there, e.g., Merge?

2) If the 100% rakeback promotion at PartyPoker will be extended past August 7, I would play the fee-free tournaments there (NOT the high-rake SNGs). Some of the tournaments have less than 3 full tables, so the winning strategies are the same as your SNGs.

Believe me I have checked them all out, I can't wait 40 minutes for a game to start on merge.

On a brighter note I just got a mincash in 1 game, WOOOHOOO:rolleyes2:, aka it's a bullshit day day so far.
  • BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM, mega COMEBACK!, mixed in 27 man's as well and shipped 1! Almost shipped a 18 man at the same time but got unlucky in 2 heads up hands, fuckity fuck!:(.

Went from like 10 buyins down to 10 buy ins up (from most recent deposit)playing 6 tables at a time and almost made my hourly wage in my real job,lol.

Yes I just got table ninja for multitabling purposes and just setting it up with these games I played.:)
  • #18mansgogogo