New Vegas flight choices, from London and Hamilton, Ont..

FYI...

Las Vegas and Cancun just got a whole lot closer to London.

Starting in late October, WestJet Airlines will begin flying direct flights from London International Airport to both locations.

Las Vegas flights depart Thursdays and Sundays at a cost of $179. Flights to Cancun, Mexico leave on Saturdays and Wednesdays at a cost of $159.

"This is fantastic news for our region" said Mike Seabrook, Vice President at London International Airport in a news release.

"Cancun continues to wear the crown as the most popular winter destination from Canada and we expect these flights to be very popular. For Las Vegas we believe WestJet has really hit a "home run". Vegas has always been a huge market from London and the Southwestern Ontario area and with Thursday/Sunday service WestJet has exceptional flight times. With our new expanded terminal building and the ease and convenience of London International Airport we expect great support from our region for these new flights".

WestJet already offers flights this winter from London to Orlando, Calgary and Winnipeg.

The flights to Vegas and Cancun begin October 30th, 2011.

WestJet has announced in a press release today that they’ll be providing service to Las Vegas from Hamilton beginning in the fall. The twice-weekly trip will initially start out as a trial run for 11 weeks, and then will be re-evaluated afterwards.

The flight will commence on Mondays and Fridays, with the flight originating in Las Vegas. It will depart the entertainment capital at 9:45 AM, arriving in Hamilton just after 5 PM. It will then depart Hamilton at 6 PM and arrive in Vegas at 7:39PM.

Comments

• awesome!!! now i just need a cheap flight from vancouver to london...???
  • FML.......

Note to my employer: Please send paycheques to directly to WestJet.

NOTE: My wife's exact quote: "Oh no. That's not going to be good for anybody"
  • Actually pricing is nothing special. I just tried for around the same time as you guys are going and out of Hamilton (which would be great for me) it would be like $425. return incl taxes.
  • darbday wrote: »
    awesome!!! now i just need a cheap flight from vancouver to london...???

You're in luck. Looks like the flights go through Calgary.

I searched for flights for the February trip I'm planning.

Depart:
    07:00 AM

Arrive:
    08:58 AM

Monday, 20 February

London , ON , CA (YXU)

Monday, 20 February

Calgary , AB , CA (YYC)

WestJet

Non-Stop / WS 567

flight info

Connecting Flight

Depart:
    06:30 PM

Arrive:
    08:12 PM

Monday, 20 February

Calgary , AB , CA (YYC)

Monday, 20 February

Las Vegas , NV , US (LAS)

WestJet

Non-Stop / WS 1400

flight info

Return Information
    Depart:
    06:55 PM

Arrive:
    10:41 PM

Friday, 24 February

Las Vegas , NV , US (LAS)

Friday, 24 February

Calgary , AB , CA (YYC)

WestJet

Non-Stop / WS 1481

flight info

Connecting Flight

Depart:
    12:15 PM

Arrive:
    05:45 PM

Saturday, 25 February

Calgary , AB , CA (YYC)

Saturday, 25 February

London , ON , CA (YXU)

WestJet

Non-Stop / WS 314

flight info

TOTAL Base Fare: 718.00 CAD
    GST: 40.97 CAD HST: 1.95 CAD AIF: 65.00 CAD ATSC: 36.31 CAD US Taxes and Fees: 18.49 CAD NAV/Ins: 15.00 CAD Total: 895.72 CAD

Not impressed that it's non-direct. The price sucks too.
  • They always offered the flights before - indirect through Calgary. Now they are going direct. They probably haven't loaded the new flights yet.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Not impressed that it's non-direct. The price sucks too.
    moose wrote: »
    They always offered the flights before - indirect through Calgary. Now they are going direct. They probably haven't loaded the new flights yet.
    They are available on the Westjet website for this fall... and they are direct but for like $425. return with taxes.
    FML.......

Note to my employer: Please send paycheques to directly to WestJet.

NOTE: My wife's exact quote: "Oh no. That's not going to be good for anybody"

Next thing you know they'll fly out of KW to Vegas
  • compuease wrote: »
    Actually pricing is nothing special. I just tried for around the same time as you guys are going and out of Hamilton (which would be great for me) it would be like $425. return incl taxes.

I don't get it, how much do you guys pay for a direct with Westjet return trip out of yyz. $425 sounds pretty decent.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I don't get it, how much do you guys pay for a direct with Westjet return trip out of yyz. $425 sounds pretty decent.

We're just used to paying much less out of Buffalo or Detroit n years past.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Next thing you know they'll fly out of KW to Vegas

Then I will be in trouble.

I'll keep looking at flights for February. Anything around $500 seems decent, especially if it's direct and 2 hours closer to home with no boarder crossing.
  • Hmm, so planning a lil trip to Vegas in December. Early December. Looking at 3 nights. Friend has checked out the westjet site and found something in the Planet Hollywood towers for $760/person including flights.

Any feedback on this joint?
  • Hmm, so planning a lil trip to Vegas in December. Early December. Looking at 3 nights. Friend has checked out the westjet site and found something in the Planet Hollywood towers for $760/person including flights.

Any feedback on this joint?

Depends which Towers, but you can't go wrong with Planet Hollywood and their location.

And price will depend on when you're flying out and duration of your trip.
  • If you are sharing the room $1500+ for two people/3 nights is terrible. Try $900 tops.
    Then I will be in trouble.

I'll keep looking at flights for February. Anything around $500 seems decent, especially if it's direct and 2 hours closer to home with no boarder crossing.

I think there already are flights to vegas out of KW. its not with west jet though.
  • ItsaMe wrote: »
    I think there already are flights to vegas out of KW. its not with west jet though.

Actually you can fly Westjet out of Kitchener to Vegas, via Calgary tho...