Brantford Bounty hand

So I head to Brantford yesterday for the $125 bounty tourny. Play great poker and am sitting with approx. 45k with 15 players left, probably top 4 stacks. then this happened.

Blinds 2k/4k, 500 ante, 8 players. I'm in SB with J8o. UTG+1 raises all-in to 7k+/-, button calls and I figure I'm priced in to see a flop, call and BB calls behind.

32k (+/-) in the pot.

Flop comes 832 rainbow. I check (5 from the money if we eliminate the all-in) and BB (who I have a read as a total idiot) shoves 14k all-in. Button folds. Two bounties on the line.

What do I do?

Did I do wrong with the original call? Should I have led out on the flop?

Comments

• Personally I would let this go pre and save the 5k+/-. But I call the all-in from the bb, you're getting 3/1.
  • As played I call, likely I push this flop 1st though....Course you know what I play like... :) Still 5 from the money, I want chips (and bounties) more than getting to the money.
  • Yea, I dont check the flop, I jam.

The equity in the pot you gain is certainly more than the equity gained from knocking somebody out 5 from the money.

By checking you allow the villain to (properly) jam stff like Ak/AQ/small pairsm and put you in a fml situation.
  • fold pre for sure. you dont have near a big enough stack to be calling here
  • My only real "tank" in the hand was pre-flop.

That said I still don't hate putting 5k into a 24k pot.....with BB surely calling behind to make it 32k. If BB shoves his 14k behind pre, I'm more likely to fold.
  • putting 1/9th of your stack in with a bad hand where your folding to a 5bb shove from the bb is a bad play. If you had like 120k. sure call. but 45k your giving up too much of your stack.
  • I fold pre....too many hands make up the shoving and flatting ranges which could include a jack or just be dominated. What are your reads on the button? May help with the pre flop decision as well?
  • Owned the button. Had abused him for most of the tournament. Moved him off of at least 5 hands he raised pre. Nit, who wouldn't call without the nuts. Also he had almost same stack as BB and insta folded to his flop bet.
  • I don't like the flop spot then cause he is either has you crushed or if you call you have sweat :(
  • Honestly BB is a total buffoon and I instantly put him on a 2 or 3.
  • So how did the hand finish? Who won the hand, and how did you make out in the tourney?
  • I'll post the result later. Just looking for more opinions without clouding them with results.
  • Should also note that this happened right at the end of this level before the 20 min break. 3k/6k 1k ante next.
  • Should also note that this happened right at the end of this level before the 20 min break. 3k/6k 1k ante next.

Even more reason to get it in!
  • compuease wrote: »
    Even more reason to get it in!

Pre too?
  • jammin pre if i understand the hand...11 bbs,?
  • Pre too?

No, not pre, I may or may not fold pre, but push that flop.
  • darbday wrote: »
    jammin pre if i understand the hand...11 bbs,?

This is live..... spew pre... especially with 1 all in already.
  • The exciting conclusion.

I snap call moron's all-in expecting to see ?2 ?3. He shows 85o and I am thrilled. Original small stack shover shows A10.

Turn comes A, meh at least I'll put out moron and collect his 14k although 46k would have been nice.

River 5.

I puke in my mouth and take the 18 minutes remaining on break to swear profusely.

Moron goes out in 12th and I bubble taking 2 bounties and $90 from a bubble deal to basically break even. Oh what could have been.
  • the fact that the blinds are going up, are even more reason to fold pre imo. 85os is just an unbelievably bad call from the button lol
  • I think I was at your table. That guy WAS CRAZY and should have been out long before 12th. Good for you for recovering from that huge hit and at least getting something for your day.
  • compuease wrote: »
    This is live..... spew pre... especially with 1 all in already.
    no no no....i didn't see the button.....i can't read :-[

i wanted to jam to iso vs the bb.....not that its good either maybe but its what i meant....:-\
  • fold pre, lead flop/call shove, snaaaap call now, you're getting like 3:1 if I'm reading right? He could flip over bottom 2 and it'd still be an easy call.
  • WHY ARE YOU PLAYING THIS HAND PRE IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT FOLDING THIS FLOP?? It's just selfish to ask for a better flop when your playing j8o, Holmes. That being said, RAISE THE ROOF, dont check. It makes your decision a bit easier to call some shorties when they come over the top.