Pretty big move

So I 3bet shoved a flop after an EP steal. I feel like this flop hits my EP range quite well and thus he's repping a very narrow range with a raise here and much of that narrow range wouldn't flat preflop except for KJ and 66 ( I don't mind him calling off with a Q10 type draw)

Any comments?

PokerStars Game #65047032332: Tournament #431010261, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (150/300) - 2011/07/25 16:05:29 CET [2011/07/25 10:05:29 ET]
Table '431010261 1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: perry_outlaw (9999 in chips)
Seat 2: MikiOpasniy (54995 in chips)
Seat 3: IRichardI (13484 in chips)
Seat 4: Kana!lle (9432 in chips)
Seat 5: maksvs70 (29898 in chips)
Seat 6: ProPoker67 (27852 in chips)
Seat 7: INGIRINKA (14029 in chips)
Seat 8: Mattzord (13452 in chips)
Seat 9: ROTTENSIMKA (4129 in chips)
perry_outlaw: posts the ante 25
MikiOpasniy: posts the ante 25
IRichardI: posts the ante 25
Kana!lle: posts the ante 25
maksvs70: posts the ante 25
ProPoker67: posts the ante 25
INGIRINKA: posts the ante 25
Mattzord: posts the ante 25
ROTTENSIMKA: posts the ante 25
perry_outlaw: posts small blind 150
MikiOpasniy: posts big blind 300
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IRichardI [:as :10d]
IRichardI: raises 450 to 750
Kana!lle: folds
maksvs70: folds
ProPoker67: folds
INGIRINKA: folds
Mattzord: folds
ROTTENSIMKA: folds
perry_outlaw: folds
MikiOpasniy: calls 450
*** FLOP *** [:6s :kd :jh]
MikiOpasniy: checks
IRichardI: bets 1100
MikiOpasniy: raises 1455 to 2555
IRichardI: raises 10154 to 12709 and is all-in
MikiOpasniy: folds
Uncalled bet (10154) returned to IRichardI
IRichardI collected 6985 from pot
IRichardI: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6985 | Rake 0
Board [6s Kd Jh]
Seat 1: perry_outlaw (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: MikiOpasniy (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: IRichardI collected (6985)
Seat 4: Kana!lle folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: maksvs70 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: ProPoker67 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: INGIRINKA folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Mattzord folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: ROTTENSIMKA (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comments

• this isnt quite the shoving spot unless your feeling red hot about your read.....calling, maybe, betting to steal at first yes, then the smooth call to disguise your hand might be stronger, its hard to say....an idiot snaps you off here with 88 99 1010...they dont know any better just thinking your stealing
  • I think this is a little spewy. I reraise coming from the BB is fairly strong, but your move also looks really strong which is why I dont hate it. I mean it definatly looks like you have AA or AK. But I would rather you pull this move with A10d so at least you got a back door draw. Your drawing way to thin if he looks you up.
    At the same time his little baby raise doesnt seem like strength to me either, Ill let you get away with this one and say way to punish his little baby raise haha
  • Sounds like I'm getting the benefit of doubt ^^' That's always something

I just don't think he's repping much and can easily bluff this spot with his huge stack, I also feel like many players who get to those chipleader stacks are doing a decent amount of bluffing. He was also running something like 43/30 over a small sample with moderate monitary results which built on my impression of him

(At the time I was saying to myself "I wish I had a smaller stack so I didn't have to risk as much" ^^')

Edit: if he's inducing with KQ he's just a way cooler player than me
  • ya hes essentially just donking out i think we have enough equity and sometimes he calls with an oesd but ya seems like hes repping kx...just gotta make sure hell fold it...
  • But hes risking way less here where your risking your whole stack. There are just a lot better spots then this I think. But I think your play looks super strong but I doubt hes folding Kx.
  • Chips are pretty hard to come by, even in a $10r tournament. And I agree, I doubt he's raisefolding many Kx hands. On the flipside of that I doubt he's flatting many Kx hands pre and I defenitely doubt he's raising many Kx hands, if this checkraise looks so strong to you how come it keeps flying at me so often when I cbet vs a big stack? ^^'

(not a huge factor but getting called with a one pair type Kx hand here isn't the end of the world, we still have like 28% equty)
  • but I doubt hes folding Kx.
    doesnt leave much in his check raise range then...

edit no wait.......that didn't make sense..hold on...
  • i didnt say his cr looked strong, I said your play looks strong, I just dont like making moves like this without good equity if I get called. I mean at least have a backdoor of somesort haha. Kj is definatly in his range. But considering he folded its prob like A10, q9 maybe. Some sort of shit draw that he decided to raise instead of peel one of with. Im just not gonna risk my tournament life with still like 40bbs behind. Actually now that I realise you would have 40bb left if you fold, i really dont like your shove at all. Plus with a big hand and your stack size I would expect a flat here as you are in position and let him to continue to bluff on the turn. Very small ranges that are going to check raise call you on the flop that dont have hands like ak and AA beat, so therefore I think with a real hand your more likely to flat his check raise, or at least thats how Id play it. Your shove to me now looks weaker. That bet looks like its trying to protect against something but there really isnt much to protect against. Just my thoughts anyways.
  • You said his raise looked fairly strong, and that's the part I don't agree with. I'm not trying to rep a strong hand here, if he calls me with 22 good for him, let's flip. Normally when you call an UTG open you're doing it with hands that can crack big hands but the only hands that really cracked my range here is KJ and 66

as I said I expect this player to turn a big % of his range into a bluff here just cause he can put pressure on me so I'm reading his raising range as a sick range where he's flatting top pair and AJ and only raising hands that I either beat or hands he's turning into a bluff as well as some KJ 66 K6 nut hands and a bunch of draws I flip against.

If I was a sicker player than I am I would call the flop with the intention of shipping turn if he bet and bet-fold if he checked ^^'
  • I said a raise coming from BB looks strong but at the same time his little baby raise doesnt look like strength. You have to big of a stack to be spewing off like this, if you really believe this is a bluff you need to flat and shove over his turn bet. This will make it more profitable in the long run as your winning more when your catching him bluff, but losing the same amount when you get snapped off by a set or whatever hes calling you with haha.