Options

Prelop spot.

Fairly new table, i just raised the previous hand and showed down AQs and lost to a 2bb allin. Standard shove or standard fold?

Poker Stars, $50 + $5 NL Hold'em Tournament, 125/250 Blinds, 25 Ante, 9 Players

UTG+2: 9,136
MP1: 18,679
MP2: 2,036
CO: 15,779
BTN: 7,525
SB: 9,003
BB: 3,638
UTG: 17,902
JodaB. (UTG+1): 7,158

Pre-Flop: (600) Jdiamond.gif Jclub.gif dealt to JodaB. (UTG+1)
UTG folds, JodaB. raises to 562, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls 562, MP2 folds, CO raises to 1,666, 3 folds, JodaB?

Comments

• I think the bigger question here is how aggressive do you want to play JJ? I mean the range for the 3 bet is most likely AX or 10s+ so either way you are not in the best position if you believe you are going against the top 10 hands. If you want to gamble then its a shove, if you want to pick a better spot then you can fold.

I like a fold here as you have a decent stack and you can easily chip up a bit without having to push the edge with JJ with a stack that has you covered and for the most part is usually 3-betting with the top 10 hands (at least in my history that is what I have seen)
  • 2 years ago, I prob jam.

Today, I likely fold.

Squeeze ranges have gotten significantly tighter, I mean people dont squeeze with napkins anymore.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Squeeze ranges have gotten significantly tighter, I mean people dont squeeze with napkins anymore.

Quoted for irony . . . ;)
  • Milo wrote: »
    Quoted for irony . . . ;)

Im very much stuck in 2009.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    2 years ago, I prob jam.

Today, I likely fold.

i suppose this....i only got 28 bbs or so .....wondered if it was the cooler type stack with jj....
  • I think the bigger question here is how aggressive do you want to play JJ?
    nope thats the same question :p
  • Against unknown opponents I probably shove, an unknown villain can show 77 for all I know and I doubt mp is flatting aces this early on
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Against unknown opponents I probably shove, an unknown villain can show 77 for all I know and I doubt mp is flatting aces this early on
    ya sounds like its an either way fairly close...i asked him when i shoved jj and he said its std....made me feel better...:-[
  • agree with richard here, if its an unkown I shove, against reg I fold.