Live 2 Table SNG. J High Flush Vs. Top Set.

New to Posting hands!! Hopefully I Describe this right

I was playing a two table NLH SNG earlier. I was playing good, then got coolered a couple times to dwindle my stack to 14k when this hand happened.

Final Table, Blinds were 400/800, no ante

UTG(15k) - Calls
Seat 6(10k) - Calls
Me J/10 Clubs(14k) - Calls
I decide to call because the way the game had played to this point, my knowledge of my players is very high and I think I can double up if I hit hard.(my opponents over value their hands very often)
Seat 8(9k) - Folds
Seat 9(18k) - Folds
Seat 1(8k) - Calls
Button (32k) - Calls
SB(30k) - Calls
BB(25k) - Checks

The flop comes down 3,5,2 all clubs. Pot:4800
Action after the flop.
UTG(15k) - Check
Seat 6(10k) - Check
Me J/10 Clubs(14k) - Bet 3k
Seat 1(8k) - All In(with some hesitation)
Button (32k) - Fold
SB(30k) - Fold
BB(25k) - Fold
Then....
UTG(15k) - Fold
Seat 6(10k) - Fold
Me J/10 Clubs(14k) - Call

I call Figuring I could have been coolered again, however I am pot commited at this point. So we open up... I show the jack high flush and he opens up a set a fives. The turn comes ten of diamonds and the river comes a dreadful deuce of hearts. so he doubles up and I`m left short stacked!!

So my Question is... Did my opponent make a bad move going allin when he knows that I probably have the flush there or should he waited for a better spot since he had only 800 invested?

Me and him are good friends, so i ask him thoughts on the hand and he said ``I thought about waiting one more card and then jamming, but when you bet i assumed you had the flush and thought, well with my stack I can`t fold``

Comments

• no he didn't make a mistake, he has a set and a redraw to a full house... you could have overs with one club or two pair or something. anyways shove or fold pre..you don't hit this flop often enough to profit.
  • yeah, what yoda batman said pretty much
  • yeah, what yoda batman said pretty much
    pretty much...?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSniyZnaeE5xciodm-n-Rczgb6fTTCHeHyPO5HJ9-S0UGVNO4Oxhw
  • fold pre, as played, on one is ever folding top set with that stack and all the dead money in the middle.
  • darbday wrote: »
    pretty much...?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSniyZnaeE5xciodm-n-Rczgb6fTTCHeHyPO5HJ9-S0UGVNO4Oxhw

lollllllllllllll

its unclear if villian had a BDFD with bet sizing and stacks but he might have had a re draw to the nuts on top of his set, and in which case ur effed. next time, try quadruple set mining in order to get it in good on the river.

gg hero.
  • darbday wrote: »
    no he didn't make a mistake, he has a set and a redraw to a full house... you could have overs with one club or two pair or something. anyways shove or fold pre..you don't hit this flop often enough to profit.

Great reply!! so i'm unclear about the shove or fold pre. me or him? I wouldn't cause i'm only getting called by a better hand there. we also came to the conclusion that it wasn't a mistake after the flop. Then he ask me what i might of done differently, I said I might of shoved pre flop cause of the three weak limps in early position to give myself 2 ways to win.( Take it down preflop with no callers or win a coin flip if I get called with two overs.)
  • lollllllllllllll

its unclear if villian had a BDFD with bet sizing and stacks but he might have had a re draw to the nuts on top of his set, and in which case ur effed. next time, try quadruple set mining in order to get it in good on the river.

gg hero.

new to the forum lingo... what does BDFD mean? lol
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    Great reply!! so i'm unclear about the shove or fold pre. me or him?
    no were talking about you...it has nothing to do with your cards....even before you look at your cards ....with 2 limpers you don't have enough chips to play poker you must shove or fold.
  • With that point being said your absolutely right. Next time I'm in a situation like that I will think it through a little more before acting. What would you of done preflop if you were the player with the pocket fives and three early position limpers?
    With that point being said your absolutely right. Next time I'm in a situation like that I will think it through a little more before acting. What would you of done preflop if you were the player with the pocket fives and three early position limpers?
    it becomes obvious since hes shorter than you he needs to jam or fold to, prob fold.
  • thanks for your input.
    thanks for your input.
    stay for the wings
  • lol ????
  • I agree with fold or ship pre. Depends on how UTG's been playing and how likely he is to have limped with a monster. If I've seen them limp with weak hands, I'd just move it in.