Poker Office HUD

I was just wondering if the program poker office is a good tool to use or is it a waste of time for a profitable player?

Comments

• i prefer poker tracker 3 but poker office isn't that bad. definitely worth it for sure.
  • How much does poker tracker 3 cost?
  • FWIW, I know some of the guys behind Poker Tracker 4, and it looks AMAZING. Beta should be out in the next couple of months so keep your eyes out on it.

I've been using Hold'em Manager (when I'm on my PC and not my Mac) with no complaints
  • I'm thinking of buying Poker Tracker 3. If I do will I be able to upgrade to 4 or will I have to buy it separate?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying Poker Tracker 3. If I do will I be able to upgrade to 4 or will I have to buy it separate?

not sure. you can currently upgrade pt3 on its own (for example to include the omaha component), but they might make you purchase the whole new package for pt4. who knows.
  • trigs wrote: »
    not sure. you can currently upgrade pt3 on its own (for example to include the omaha component), but they might make you purchase the whole new package for pt4. who knows.

No, once they announced PT4, they said any new purchasers of PT3 from that date forward, would get a free PT4 upgrade. OP if I were you, I'd download PT3 and learn some of the basics for now until the beta comes out.

Speaking of which, I know they said sometime before end of Sept, but Wes, do you happen to know any more details as to the beta release date?
  • I just started playing online last November and am curious as to how important these poker helper softwares are? I am fairly new to all of this and would appreciate some insight.
  • mags wrote: »
    I just started playing online last November and am curious as to how important these poker helper softwares are? I am fairly new to all of this and would appreciate some insight.

you have to ask yourself is $50-$80 worth it for you to have every single stat and every possible piece of information regarding every single opponent you've ever played against (and that includes your own stats as well) for every single hand you've ever played online?

imho, i'd say yes.

is poker software necessary? i'd say no, but it's an advantage that your opponents probably have over you.
    you have to ask yourself is $50-$80 worth it for you to have every single stat and every possible piece of information regarding every single opponent you've ever played against (and that includes your own stats as well) for every single hand you've ever played online?

imho, i'd say yes.

is poker software necessary? i'd say no, but it's an advantage that your opponents probably have over you.

THIS is quite possibly the absolute BEST response to OP's question I have ever seen!
  • Thanks for all the help... I'm going to go get it and start utilizing the extra edge.
    I just started playing online last November and am curious as to how important these poker helper softwares are? I am fairly new to all of this and would appreciate some insight.
    also that just setting up the program will likely make you better at poker...
  • With HEM 2 on the way (been alpha testing it the last couple of months) and Poker tracker 4 coming out soon you have 2 great choices, download the trials and see what works for you.
  • Are they both compatible with Macbook Pro?
  • reibs wrote: »
    No, once they announced PT4, they said any new purchasers of PT3 from that date forward, would get a free PT4 upgrade. OP if I were you, I'd download PT3 and learn some of the basics for now until the beta comes out.

Speaking of which, I know they said sometime before end of Sept, but Wes, do you happen to know any more details as to the beta release date?

Beta they said they were aiming for August, but could be potentially available end of July.
  • I downloaded the trial version of Poker Tracker today.
    Played a 3 dollar mtt right after to test drive it.
    I did not find the numbers displayed on the players really all that helpful. Am I missing something? I have only used it once so I will continue to play with it.
    Is there a way to import games that you have played previous to getting this software?
    It would be nice do an analyses of my play up to this point.
    I appreciate any input!
    I downloaded the trial version of Poker Tracker today.
    I did not find the numbers displayed on the players really all that helpful. Am I missing something? I have only used it once so I will continue to play with it.
    Is there a way to import games that you have played previous to getting this software?
    I appreciate any input!

You need thousands and thousands of hands to make the numbers relevent.
    I downloaded the trial version of Poker Tracker today.
    I appreciate any input!
    i forget exactly how it works but i think if you have your hand histories in the folder you directed pt3 to process from it would grab them. mtt is harder to analyze because of the changing blind structure and ft. cash is easier because thing are more static that way.

anyways you can get the old histories in there somehow i did it but no exactly sure how :p
  • there should be an option to manually input previous hand histories. if you go to the poker tracker website, they have pdf help files that outline everything.

also, you can change those stats on the hud to anything you want. so if those numbers were significant for you, you can choose others. personally, i like to have vpip/pfr/3-bet%/af and with a right click on there stats bringing up all the rest of them i tend to use it a lot.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    You need thousands and thousands of hands to make the numbers relevent.

This is exactly why I am trying to import old games.
  • darbday wrote: »
    i forget exactly how it works but i think if you have your hand histories in the folder you directed pt3 to process from it would grab them. mtt is harder to analyze because of the changing blind structure and ft. cash is easier because thing are more static that way.

anyways you can get the old histories in there somehow i did it but no exactly sure how :p

Unfortunately I don't believe I was saving my hand histories, as I had to make a folder destination on ps when I was setting up the software :( .
    Unfortunately I don't believe I was saving my hand histories, as I had to make a folder destination on ps when I was setting up the software :( .
    fortunetly....

on the pokerstars lobby under 'requests'.....hand history.....^-^
    there should be an option to manually input previous hand histories. if you go to the poker tracker website, they have pdf help files that outline everything.

also, you can change those stats on the hud to anything you want. so if those numbers were significant for you, you can choose others. personally, i like to have vpip/pfr/3-bet%/af and with a right click on there stats bringing up all the rest of them i tend to use it a lot.

I will continue to read the tracker site to see if this info is available, thanks.

I saw the right click info but I am not sure how you are able to make any sense of it especially when the time buzzer is screaming at me to make a decision. It is a lot of information, so much math :D .

Is there a way to move the stats that pop up on the other players? One of them was blocking a players chips.

Also do you find this useful for mtt or are you a cash game player?

Thanks
    I will continue to read the tracker site to see if this info is available, thanks.

I saw the right click info but I am not sure how you are able to make any sense of it especially when the time buzzer is screaming at me to make a decision. It is a lot of information, so much math :D .

Is there a way to move the stats that pop up on the other players? One of them was blocking a players chips.

Also do you find this useful for mtt or are you a cash game player?

Thanks

Yoda's Hud Basics pt 1 on Vimeo

start at 7 mins....13mins or so long but goes over all that...(disclaimer i make mistakes)
  • Thanks! I will take a look.