WSOP Bracelet research

I was thinking the other day about my buddy Pudge winning his bracelet and it got me wondering how elite of a club is it that he now belongs to?

Over the life span of the WSOP from the very 1st event up to current, how many Bracelets have been awarded? Out of all of the bracelets that have been awarded taking into account players who have multiple bracelets. How many people are part of the WSOP Bracelet club?

Anyone want to help figure out this number?

Do we include WSOPE in this calculation?

Comments

• I guess what i'm really trying to find out is although it's 893 bracelets awarded to date, its not 893 players. Some people have multiple bracelets, so what i'm asking is how many actual people have won a bracelet(s)?
  • To this point 951 bracelets have been given out. 137 players have won multiple bracelets (a total of 415 bracelets for these 137 players). That means that we need to remove 278 from 951 to get the final number.

So - there are 673 unique people that have won at least 1 World Series of Poker bracelet.

(This does include Europe, and the bracelet given to the winner of the WSOP Travel events' National Champion this year).

(This also includes the multiple bracelets given for the Mixed Doubles tournaments for a couple of years in the WSOP. Look it up - it's one of the bracelets that Brunson owns).
  • DataMn wrote: »
    To this point 951 bracelets have been given out. 137 players have won multiple bracelets (a total of 415 bracelets for these 137 players). That means that we need to remove 278 from 951 to get the final number.

So - there are 673 unique people that have won at least 1 World Series of Poker bracelet.

(This does include Europe, and the bracelet given to the winner of the WSOP Travel events' National Champion this year).

(This also includes the multiple bracelets given for the Mixed Doubles tournaments for a couple of years in the WSOP. Look it up - it's one of the bracelets that Brunson owns).

Al, you have too much time on your hands... Don't those kids keep you busy enough? Oh... and Royal, Oct 15th? Also g2 apparently isn't available so we may need a new or temporary statistician as well.
  • To summarize...a very elite club...
  • Just because they were sold does not negate the fact that they were awarded.
  • how much are the bracelets appraised at?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    how much are the bracelets appraised at?

Pudge said that he was told the bracelet is worth around 3K. The 50K Players Championship and Main Event are worth a lot more
  • To pump it up a bit more, only around 30 Canadians, 35 tops own one.

Considering Greg Mueller and Negreanu own several, 30 is pretty close.

Hendon shows less, but for sure they are missing a few, for example Duncan Bell.

Pretty damn exclusive club to be in up north.

Pudge is also most likely in the top 200 Canadian all time tournament money winners now as well. I could check, but pretty damn sure....
  • Main event ones are upwards of 160000 I heard