My photo made National Geographic's Daily photo contest

Mods, hope this is OK... didn't find anything against it in the rules (of course I have been known to miss the obvious - according to my wife:-)

Hi all. Back from a great holiday on northern Vancouver Island - fishing was good.... While I was there, I witnessed a juvenille Bald Eagle attack, capture and eat a seagull. Luckily I had my camera with me. I submitted one to the National Geographic Website Daily Dozen contest. Of the 1000's of photos submitted each day, the editor picks a dozen to be voted on, with the best ones possibly being published in a later edition. Hopefully you'll all be willing to help a PFC member who is slowly building a wildlife/nature portfolio.

The photo can be found at the link, it is the juvenille Bald Eagle that made the Jul 7 cut. No matter the outcome of the voting, just being chosen by the NG editors is a thrill.

Hope you all like the photo and thanks for any votes.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/yo...voting-machine

Comments

• post the rest of them!
  • Pretty awesome, congrats! Throw my vote in now.
  • Voted . . . how close were you? Alternatively, how big a lens did you need?
  • Milo. I was using my 70-200mm lens at about 150mm. I was about 15 metres from the eagle
  • Wow . . . and no sign of Momma Baldie?
  • He/she was last years brood, probably kicked out of the nest this spring to make room for the new eggs/chicks....
  • Looks small for a yearling . . . still, nice picture, and a really cool thing to see that closely.
  • I think the photo is a bit deceiving, the eagle was actually quite large (and very impressive up close). Thanks to those who have voted
  • show us the rest of the photos! lol