Moose's Hockey Playoff Pool

Ok the way this works is you send me $20. When we reach $130, I win and keep all the money, then we start paying second place.

When we get another $90, Westside wins and gets second place. Then the pool is over.

Serious entries only please.

Ship to:
cdnmoose07

Funds will be paid to me within 0 minutes of pool ending.

Thank you.

Comments

• So, does this start next season? And, can we assume it means you and Wes are still waiting . . . if so, I am very disappointed to hear that.
  • moose wrote: »
    Serious entries only please.

Ship to:
    cdnmoose07

Thank you.

Shipped on Tilt...
  • compuease wrote: »
    shipped on tilt...

lol :D
  • So...anyone from dead pool/hockey pool get paid yet after that PM last week?
  • I paid off the dead pool debts but I ain't touching hockey

Mark
  • What PM?
  • HVEE sent a PM to myself and comp regarding payments owing, after which comp locked the thread to avoid a flamewar.

I am not about to start one now, but it appears that he has still not made good on his debts from his hockey pool.
  • Why would he pm you and comp and not the people he owes money? WTF?
  • This was the PM sent to Milo/Comp/myself

Sorry guys can someone get this to moose.

Tried bank transfer late last night and early this morning both not working.
    I will have to get a Vanilla M/C . I will tonight. I stopped at the local Shoppers but they only had a couple of 25$ cards and I need a 200 card. I will after ball. There are 5 or 6 shoppers along the way.
    Sorry guys . I have been away. 2 deaths in the family and several other things have given me no time to deal with anything else.
    You should receive your $$$$ late tonight or tomorrow morning.
    I am sending this to Milo and Comp so they know.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Ron...................
  • Comp and Wes because they are mods, me because I am running the Dead Pool, I assume. Apologies for not sending this on myself, but I figured Wes or comp would have forwarded it.
  • If he has issue with deposits to pokerstars he can buy Ukash from just about any ESSO gas station to cover the $200 required.
  • I don't see why Stars is needed - just send it via EMT
  • westside8 wrote: »
    This was the PM sent to Milo/Comp/myself

Sorry guys can someone get this to moose.

Tried bank transfer late last night and early this morning both not working.
    I will have to get a Vanilla M/C . I will tonight. I stopped at the local Shoppers but they only had a couple of 25$ cards and I need a 200 card. I will after ball. There are 5 or 6 shoppers along the way.
    Sorry guys . I have been away. 2 deaths in the family and several other things have given me no time to deal with anything else.
    You should receive your $$$$ late tonight or tomorrow morning.
    I am sending this to Milo and Comp so they know.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Ron...................

L O L

U dudes got scammed.

/thread
  • Sadly, I believe Wetts speaks the troof.
  • I pm'd HVEE several days ago with email address for EMT transfer. No moniez.
  • Crazy this situation for such a small amount of money. I don't understand the trashing of one's reputation for such a piddly sum.

Anyway,

Is anyone interested in doing a real hockey pool with a draft of players for next year? For about a decade back in the 90s I used to run a draft pool and it was always good.

$50 entry, total points; 1st (65%) 2nd(25%) 3rd(10%) paid; usually go 10 rounds of draft with the top 8 counting. We might have to get together in person to do the draft, or maybe it can be done online. I'm not sure.

No money up front. On your honour to pay what you owe near the end of the season.

If there's interest I'll post a separate thread.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Crazy this situation for such a small amount of money. I don't understand the trashing of one's reputation for such a piddly sum.

On the internet, reputation is all you've got. We have to work on the honour system, and HVEE just took a shit on it. Plus, it's not like it will have any real-world repercussions for him; it's not like we're going to his workplace and embarrassing him in front of co-workers/clients.

The sum owed is over $200, that may be piddly in the grand scheme of things, but still a debt that he's just ignoring.
  • On the internet, reputation is all you've got. We have to work on the honour system, and HVEE just took a shit on it. Plus, it's not like it will have any real-world repercussions for him; it's not like we're going to his workplace and embarrassing him in front of co-workers/clients.

The sum owed is over $200, that may be piddly in the grand scheme of things, but still a debt that he's just ignoring.

Well

There is some fallout - he'll likely never be welcome back to any local games and or royal cups - and he had attended those with some regularity.

Mark
  • He made his bed, now he has to sleep in it. No one's going out of their way to trash talk him outside this forum (afaik). We're not ruining his life outside this community.

It's been over a month, and he's tried to come up with excuses, most of them probably outright lies, and right now there's no difference in my eyes between HVEE and a 419er.

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

Just my 2 bitcoins, from someone who isn't involved in this at all but glad to be informed that it seems this guy can't be trusted with handling my money, and the lengths to which he will go to get out of paying his debts.
  • I don't disagree with any of the comments above but I am doing some things behind the scenes to see if I can resolve this. Let's see how I make out, if not all bets are off. Sorry but I'm not comfortable discussing any more at this time. I have sent a pm to Moose and Westside8 as they were the primary creditors.
  • I always enjoy watching Jeff makeout.

... oops, wrong thread, right topic. Carry on citizens.
  • Not going to trash the guy in public. Not worth the effort really. Comp's trying for us. TY. Shouldn't matter to anyone else.
  • Regardless of any outcome, I'm certain this will never be forgotten by anyone on this forum. If it was me, it would be far to embarrassing to ever come back here again. Everyone is going to be looking at you out of the corner of their eye (in the ethereal sense, you know, internetwise).
  • After seeing the PM he sent, I believe he will eventually will pay off the HP. It may take awhile, but he will come through.

And once he does he will be welcome to play at my home games.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    After seeing the PM he sent, I believe he will eventually will pay off the HP. It may take awhile, but he will come through.

And once he does he will be welcome to play at my home games.

I'll take that bet!

Mark