options for single tabling only?

I'm curious as to why there is no option to play in a sng where players are not allowed to multitable? Do you think that option would fly? Is that something anyone else would like to see or is it just me?

I'd like it because I cannot count the amount of times a "bingo" player (as I refer to someone running a gazillion tables) has just shoved his chips in the middle after a raise hoping for the best and indeed sucking out. I think if it were just single table players, the play would be different.

The other reason I would like it for time reasons. I hate waiting when the option comes to the multitablers

Comments

• Muddguts wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why there is no option to play in a sng where players are not allowed to multitable?

Cause too many players would just slit their wrists. :D

Seriously, it would not stop the bingo players. Shove/Pray/Miss move to the next sng and it would seriously cut into a site's profit.
  • omg face palm double.org

re configure your understanding of what poker is.....

you don't lose buyins when you bust with the best hand to a donkey...you win....if those people weren't there you would have a lower roi than what you have now....
    The other reason I would like it for time reasons. I hate waiting when the option comes to the multitablers
    ....@ this.....its hard ok...:mad::p:mad:
  • Vekked wrote: »
    lolll
    i read this as "MWUA HAHA HAHA HAHA HA"

AAAADMzJAgcAAAAAADQKhg.jpg?v=1234973197000
  • Interesting.

Based on the OP I understand you feel that multitablers generally play worse and play pots that are marginal to -ev....
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Interesting.

Based on the OP I understand you feel that multitablers generally play worse and play pots that are marginal to -ev....

i read this as "MWUA HAHA HAHA HAHA HA"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrT2idEygnrJ4A626he03kBd-EmpMGN26fvWisn2ytjRHWPzIC&t=1
    Interesting.

I'm no online poker guru and don't really have a deep understanding of the game as many of you do, so these are just my general thoughts and may seem silly and maybe even naive to some of you but...

not that they play worse but I personally have a tough time figuring out where I am in a hand when I raise a BB from 50 to 150 and get shoved at with another 1400. Am I in a race situation with my 9-9 or am I up against a tiny pocket pair or a monster? Maybe I am completely wrong but I would think someone who doesn't have 15 tables open, is paying a bit more attention to the game and may just re-raise rather than just shove and move to the next table.

I understand that a re-raise is a re-raise, and that I'd still be faced with the same questions if someone repopped to say 400 but at least I'd still have some fightin chips back if I decide to make the call and see what happens post flop.

Am I completely out of touch or does some of it make a little bit of sense?
    Am I in a race situation with my 9-9 or am I up against a tiny pocket pair or a monster?
    this can be answered compeletely, seems like there isn't enough info but there really is...

We give him a 'random' profile:

We know sometimes randoms do this with the best hands JJ+, AQ+
    We suspect 99 and TT are in his range often too
    We know he could be spew and sometimes have a random hand bad hand.....including tiny pairs or anything.

without the spew we are 60/40 against if we add some odd hands we'll still feel were slightly behind....

so the math and ranges might be hokey, but its gonna be a clear fold even if you play with it....

if you do the math and youre ahead....snap it and don't watch the streets!

then post the hh and ask about the ranges and pokerstove math.

Coverserly.....if hes jamming when you have nines then theres a higher chance hell jam when you have aces....so by not adjusting you win....don't move.

you can also fold easy too because as soon as you see him jam with that size stack you know he will make big mistakes postflop...so fold...note him...and get into small pots with him and see what happens.
  • 55 bux

Poker Stars, $50 + $5 NL Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 9 Players
    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Yodabatman (UTG+2): 2,785
    MP1: 1,735
    MP2: 3,485
    CO: 2,725
    BTN: 2,570
    SB: 2,690
    BB: 2,970
    UTG: 5,135
    UTG+1: 3,030

Pre-Flop: (45) 5club.gif 5spadenormal.gif dealt to Yodabatman (UTG+2)
    UTG calls 30, UTG+1 folds, Yodabatman raises to 97, MP1 raises to 1,735 and is All-In, MP2 calls 1,735, 6 folds

Flop: (3,642) 7heartnormal.gif 4club.gif 3spadenormal.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: (3,642) 7heartnormal.gif 4club.gif 3spadenormal.gif/B] 9[IMG]http://www.leggopoker.com/hh/images/heartnormal.gif[/IMG] [B (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (3,642) 7heartnormal.gif 4club.gif 3spadenormal.gif 9heartnormal.gif/B] 5[IMG]http://www.leggopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif[/IMG] [B (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 3,642 Pot
    MP1 showed Aheartnormal.gif Qclub.gif and LOST (-1,735 NET)
    MP2 showed Adiamond.gif Aclub.gif and WON 3,642 (+1,907 NET)

Now you don't want to play with Mr. AQo? He does this everytime i bet!
  • Here is a good thread that just started thats going to illustrate your opinion vs. mine.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f53/only-way-get-ahead-game-25873/#post273334

Based on your post I assume this is the kind of situation your talking about. Bingo players shoving random trash or a -ev situation in your opinion. Correct?

If so, I'll explain our differences.
    If not, ignore me I misinterpreted the OP.

Im not joking when I say I think you would really enjoy limit poker far better than NL. I think you enjoy street poker and the analytical side of it, rather than always being forced to make a decision for your stack - and being busto if youre wrong or get unlucky.
    Im not joking when I say I think you would really enjoy limit poker far better than NL. I think you enjoy street poker and the analytical side of it, rather than always being forced to make a decision for your stack - and being busto if youre wrong or get unlicky.

Well said.

Also FL online is so full of dead money. Especially when I'm at the table.
  • i don't understand how you know if someone pushes they are playing one table or multi-tabling. a "bingo" player can make those moves and still only be playing one table.
  • I notice more when peeps are multitabling they play way tighter so you adjust to that, if they are playing lot's of tables and making wild shoves and what not they are rookies who have no clue on how to multitable so you adjust to that as well.

They have a option already, it's called player search.;)