what does it mean...

...when you have appropriate VPIP/PFR stats for every position except CO? I just did an analysis and found out that I'm really passive in CO, about 35%, while I'm about 80% in every other position. EDIT: Other than the blinds, of course. :)

Comments

• over how many hands? but remember you might not be opening enough from that position because so many others are already opening first forcing you to fold hands like AT etc.
  • Over about 2K hands, of which about 200 have been in CO. Small sample, I know, but it's a hole I have to work on. What range do you normally raise/reraise with from CO?
  • Over about 2K hands, of which about 200 have been in CO. Small sample, I know, but it's a hole I have to work on. What range do you normally raise/reraise with from CO?
    if you treat it like the button you won't be far off i think
  • darbday wrote: »
    if you treat it like the button you won't be far off i think

Ah, but the devil is always in the details. :)
  • ...when you have appropriate VPIP/PFR stats for every position...

what is appropriate for every position?
  • trigs wrote: »
    what is appropriate for every position?

Depends on your style. A nit might be 9/7, a TAG might be 15/12, a LAG might be 35/30. A fish might be 80/0....
  • Ah, but the devil is always in the details. :)
    then were gonna need to know if this is six max or full ring >:D^-^>:D
    Depends on your style. A nit might be 9/7, a TAG might be 15/12, a LAG might be 35/30. A fish might be 80/0....
    my range....you want MY range......YOU COULDN'T HANDLE MY RANGE.....

but all hilarious joking aside...your looking to play the same range as your button hands and adjust for a few things like wether the button will flat or 3bet lots or how the blinds play pre and post flop.

Were talking like pairs, suited aces, a9o and better, suited broadway, maybe all broadway and a few suited connectors........

but really i just mash buttons....:confused:
  • Darbday, I play ONLY full ring and usually sit out if the number of active players drops below 7. I don't like the fast blinds on 6max. Call me weird. :)

Thanks for giving me your range. It'll be useful if we're ever at the same table. ;) But in terms of "a few" suited connectors, I rarely play any below T9. Am I ripping myself off?
  • But in terms of "a few" suited connectors, I rarely play any below T9. Am I ripping myself off?
    im not really a cash game players, but your not really ripping yourself off, its just you steal less if you play less hands. if the button is tight and the blinds are weak add hands like t9s yes, and 89s 78s etc. but you won't make much from them i think so its no big deal i think.

but theres others who are better who usually pipe in if i say something crazy off.
  • Thanks. :) Anyone else want to weigh in on this issue?
  • Thanks. :) Anyone else want to weigh in on this issue?
    What...OMG....:mad:
  • darbday wrote: »
    What...OMG....:mad:

What are you mad about?
  • What are you mad about?
    no im just kidding...anyone else?
  • also...

if we find we are losing from this position or not doing well we can drop to 88+, aq+, ajs+, kqs...

from here if the button and blinds are tight we can add some hands, best to add hands that play well when called...like suited aces and suited broadway...that we can continue to barrel with draws or back door draws.

if they are loose pre flop but tight post flop we can add more suited connectors like t9s or 87s and barrel anytime we hit anything

if they three bet lots we can lower our raise size and flat in position with our intial semi strong range. or we can tighten up and 4bet the stronger parts of our range....

if they are really tight we can open up suited high cards like k7s

same as the button but you just have to adjust for how the button plays...does he flat 3bet or fold alot..
  • All good thoughts, although I'm not confident enough in my abilities to play K7s in any situation except blind stealing.
  • All good thoughts, although I'm not confident enough in my abilities to play K7s in any situation except blind stealing.
    if the button is tight then it is blind stealing....
  • Like they say, "It depends"

I'm hesitant to give advice preflop because it's better to not follow a robot strategy, but if someone put a gun to my head and asked for a "good enough" until I learn how to think strategy...

I open about 40%+ of my hands in the button,
    AX
    22+
    offsuit connected 76+
    suited connectors 5+
    suited 1 gappers 5+
    suited 2 gappers 6+
    suited 3 gappers 7+
    any two Offsuited cards T+
    any two suited cards 9+
    Other crap...

I open about less than 10% of hands in early position.
  • Other crap...

My favorite...
  • Other crap...

compuease wrote: »
    My favorite...

Agreed. The hidden message here is you're betting your position... if the situation is right you don't need to even look at your cards. Look left and if the blinds look like they don't like their hands when they pre-peek, bet and take it down without looking. Or online if the blinds are something like 10/7 that folds to a steal 80+% bet any two cards.
  • Def your hand sample is too small. I think you need at least 10-15k for your PFR stats to start being reasonably close. I'm guessing there's a good chance that there's a deviation in your CO raise but no button or HJ, cuz that doesn't really make much sense, lol. Anyways, fwiw I snap open stuff like T7s/96s/85s/75s in the CO, any better suited connector than those def, any broadways, any suited ace, A9o+. I think that's a relatively standard-looser opening range, looks like ~27%, but I def open more like 35-40% if the blinds are fish or I don't expect to get 3-bet light ever.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    Def your hand sample is too small. I think you need at least 10-15k for your PFR stats to start being reasonably close.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Vekked, when you say 10K to 15K hands, do you mean that many hands overall or that many hands in each position?