Cave

Anyone caving tonight? Since I'm out of buzzzardds tomorrow, I'm going to play tonight.

Comments

• moose wrote: »
    Anyone caving tonight? Since I'm out of buzzzardds tomorrow, I'm going to play tonight.

The Cave is having a PLO tourney night. Then they are on summer holidays. You should clean up Moose.
  • God PLO, we'll go from 8 hands per level to 3 hands. These people are morons.
  • It will be no limit omaha... but ill still show up, nothing better to do
  • what is the cave?
    God PLO, we'll go from 8 hands per level to 3 hands. These people are morons.

be happy it's no Hi-Lo :D
  • woot, thought the omaha was last week. am i ever glad my memory is shit.
    didn't think there was gonna be a game tonight.
    cya there
  • id like to play, but have no idea what or where the cave is lol
  • BrianS wrote: »
    id like to play, but have no idea what or where the cave is lol

shade street cambridge across from galt arena... starts at 7pm
  • shade street cambridge across from galt arena... starts at 7pm

Thanks! See ya in a bit
  • Hmm nl Omaha. I think driving a stake through my eye might be more fun.
    These people are morons.

Say hi to Hobbes for me.>:D
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »

I finished 2nd last week, that should tell you about the competition.
  • enjoy guys, if i had known about omaha, id have made it for sure, instead just got back from the day at sauble, im not going to log a seesion of omaha damn!!
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »

Hi der :D
  • Trip report for my Cave visit last night:

29 runners I believe it was, paid top 4. 20K chips to start, 100/200, 20 min blinds. Man was it nuts. I don't think I played more than 1 hand in the first hour but everyone else did. :) I would say at least half didn't really understand you had to use exactly 2 cards from your hand and 3 from the common. One guy had a real argument at out table over what constitutes a flush and not for the reason above. He thought and vehemently argued that a low flush could get counterfeited. ie if you had say 10,2 of hearts with 3 hearts on the flop, at that point you had a flush but if a fourth heart came that would counterfeit your 2 of hearts meaning no flush. Took a couple of us a while to persuade him otherwise and I still don't think he was convinced.

Lost half my stack on level 4 chasing a flush, then doubled up all in pre with KK's double suited. Just prior to collapsing to 2 tables won another reasonable pot in the BB wioth AA single suited when I pushed over a raise and 2 callers. Everyone folded.
    14 players left, sitting with about 22K, blinds at 600/1200, on the button with 5678, 2 clubs. 4-5 limpers including the blinds. Flop comes 4,7, J with 2 clubs, nice! Flush draw and 3 card wrap... I know where I'm going here. EP bets like 6K folded to me and I push. He thinks and says I have to call with top 2. Nothing on the turn but a club on the river to give me the flush and an almost 50K pot.
    We get to final table of 8, first hand and I'm sitting with about 60K, chip leader who is 3 to my right has 110K. Blinds 1/2K. We take another multiway unraised flop. I have QQ,6,4 single suited in the cutoff. Flop is AAQ. Nice! Chip leader bets 12K, I raise to 27K figuring he has the A, hopefully not AQ. He pushes and I snap. Turns over A,K,7,2. Turn 7, river another A for quads. :(
    I hate this game!

In summary the Cave is a great little game for those who like land mines and can stomach variance. Should be a real money maker for those who play it regular and are decent players.
  • Thanks for the review compease, the only correction is that we had 32 players. You are right about half the field did not understand how to play.That is the reason why i kept as simple as I could. At the end you could see the more experienced players were at the final table. i have to say that after friday game there is an interest in omaha. That several players contacted me about playing again. With this it makes me think about holding poker workshops in my free poker league (tinstar poker tour) and running omaha once a month.
  • With this it makes me think about holding poker workshops in my free poker league (tinstar poker tour) and running omaha once a month.
    Hey.. don't educate the fishes.. lol
  • Im hoping when the summer is over you can do something like once a month or every 2 months.....Id totally make the trip for that or any PLO game
  • Great turn out, had loads of fun playing omaha (I wish more games ran, as omaha is easily my favorite game to play). Expected less than 20 to show up, but with 32 I was more than happy with it.

Chopped it headsup against the chipleader who ran over the final table with his huge chipstack. Luckily when we got heads up, we were even in chips so we just decided to chop it up.

Thanks Al, for running this game and also the regular cave games as well.

:)
  • r3m1x wrote: »
    Great turn out, had loads of fun playing omaha (I wish more games ran, as omaha is easily my favorite game to play). Expected less than 20 to show up, but with 32 I was more than happy with it.

Chopped it headsup against the chipleader who ran over the final table with his huge chipstack. Luckily when we got heads up, we were even in chips so we just decided to chop it up.

Thanks Al, for running this game and also the regular cave games as well.

:)

Was the chipleader the guy who took me out early at final when I flopped Q's full on a AAQ flop and he had AK? If so he ran like god...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Was the chipleader the guy who took me out early at final when I flopped Q's full on a AAQ flop and he had AK? If so he ran like god...

Yeah that was him... he kept running us over after you left as well.
  • Anyone know if it's running a game tonight?
  • Anyone know if it's running a game tonight?
    djgolfcan wrote: »
    The Cave is having a PLO tourney night. Then they are on summer holidays. You should clean up Moose.

On holidays?

Mole, if you find a game tonight, we can carpool.

Or I can host a SNG. LMK.
  • If you host a Sng tonight ill show up. where you from?
  • 93drew wrote: »
    If you host a Sng tonight ill show up. where you from?

New Hamburg, ON.
  • Ah thats a 2hr drive for me. maybe we can find a host somewhere inbetween us
  • bcc tonight?
  • Meh. I was really mainly interested in checking out the Cave game. Seeing if it's worth making it out regularly, but if they're on summer break it'll have to wait.
  • No worries. I'd rather drink at home anyway :D
  • I had a shitty day at the Vampire so I'm not going anywhere.