Downtown Tournament Tonight!

Sorry about the late notice. There is a tournament in Downtown TO tonight if anyone is interested. $200 entry, no rebuys but there will be a $100 add on after the hour.

Anyone interested should call me on 416 833 0599 for more info.

Comments

• Sounds good! Finally, a tournament kinda near my place!!!
  • A good tournament. Not many players (3 tables to start) but the food was great, and the crowd was entertaining. The night started with a $5 buy-in freeze-out turbo tournament between 5 or 6 of us who were waiting for the main event to start. I placed second, after I called all-in preflop with T7o. I can't believe the hand didn't hold up.

I ended up with 2nd place money in the 'main' event. We got down to 4 players (top 4 paid, 5th got a free dinner), and we were all pretty much even in chips. A deal was proposed for 1250 each of the 5K prize pool, but it was axed, with the preference being to play down to three, and then talk further. Soon after that, Shane (gamblor on this forum) busted out when he lost a coin flip, and now the chip leader had me and the other guy at about 2:1:1. So, he gave us each second place money, and we called it quits. As per usual, the blinds were so big at the point and the stacks were so short that it was bingo time, and without the chip lead, I was fine with the deal.

Worst beat ever: the guy who got the dinner hasn't played much texas hold'em. He's up against a good player named Sham with maybe 8 players left. He limps in for 2K from EP. Folded to Sham who moves in for about 8K more, I think. Back to EP, who calls. If EP loses the hand, it will cripple him, and if Sham loses, he's out.

EP called with Qh6h. Sham had AcKc.

Flop: Kd 6c Tc
    Turn: 2h
    River: Qd.

OK, it's not the worst beat EVER, but a combination of things makes it pretty bad. First of all, the fact that the Qh6h called. Second, that Sham flopped top pair and a 4-flush. And finally, that EP actually hit one of his 4 outs on the river. Suffice it to say, the place went nuts.

So, I was up until 2:30, and I had to wake up at 8:00 this morning to be interviewed for a poker special to air on 'MenTV', and hopefully Global. I'll let you know if and when you can watch this... I'll be the guy who looks like he didn't get enough sleep.
  • WTG AA, The situation was the same as the tournament mark and I played last Sunday.

Blinds were so high that It would have been a coin flip.

We each got $1500.00 for 2nd and third, 250 more than 2nd. It worked out well.

Rob.
  • Hi, I'm new here and I have the big time itch for a tourney IMMEDIATELY. Anyone other than Azim have any details on tonites $200buy in tournament downtown?

Thanks
  • Deal_Me_In wrote:
    Hi, I'm new here and I have the big time itch for a tourney IMMEDIATELY. Anyone other than Azim have any details on tonites $200buy in tournament downtown?

Thanks

A fine example of the perils of saying something happens "tonight" without giving a date in a thread subject line.

This tournament is already over, as tonight was last night.

ScottyZ