888 Poker free $8 bankroll challenge thread

I decided to try 888 with there free $8 offer. Since I have no want to deposit on another site I figured I would challenge myself to see how big a bankroll I could grind up from it.

I decided to go with .01/.02 PLO playing with a $1 buy in until I can get up to around $60 then go to a $2 buy-in. I will move up from there when I get 30 buy-ins for the next level.

So far I have played 3 sessions and am up to a $16.36 bankroll partly due to VERY soft opponents and partly due to a little luck.

I will try to update after each session which may not be every day as I mainly play on Stars and am doing this on the side just because I can and it's free money.

Comments

• Played about 70 hands today and up to $17.98. I have been making 140bb/100 hands for a whopping 2.33/hr LOL. Hopefully I can keep this up for a bit.

Just have to wait for a hand and you get paid off at these stakes.

Pacific Poker - $0.02 PL Hi - Omaha - 9 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: PokerTracker - Online Poker Software, Player Stats Tracking & HUD
    UTG: $0.96
    UTG+1: $1.74
    MP: $0.78
    MP+1: $0.52
    LP: $4.42
    CO: $2.44
    BTN: $4.28
    SB: $2.00
    Hero (BB): $0.94
    SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02
    Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 8h 9c 6s 6d
    fold, fold, MP calls $0.02, MP+1 calls $0.02, LP calls $0.02, fold, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks
    Flop: ($0.12, 6 players) 3h 2s 6c
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.12, fold
    Turn: ($0.36, 2 players) 3d
    Hero bets $0.36, BTN raises to $0.72, Hero raises to $0.80, BTN calls $0.08
    River: ($1.96, 2 players) 9s
    BTN shows Ah 2h 2d Td (Full House, Twos full of Threes)
    Hero shows 8h 9c 6s 6d (Full House, Sixes full of Threes)
    Hero wins $1.87
  • how long after creating your account was your $8 deposited?

Still haven't got mine.

you have rakeback?
  • Mine was as soon as they had verified my account but I don't have rakeback so that may be the difference
  • You get the $8 once you confirm 888 through your email address provided that you signed up
  • There was some odd glitch on their side that support got sorted out quickly and with an apology so its all good now.

Played five minutes and down two bucks when I ran my AA into 96o pre flop. LOL'z to the penny stakes.
  • Ok, quick update

Was up to $18 then had a bad run of cards for 2 days where I couldnt flop anything and kept getting sucked out on (1c/2c I expect this). I dropped down to around $16. Now I am back at it getting paid off everytime I make the nuts and I am up to $18.95.

Hopefully I can keep this going.

Suited Pair who did you get rakeback through?
  • I tried 888 poker, took their $8 and ran it up to $90 before I went on a bad run of luck/bad play and lost it all.. but it was a fun couple weeks!

Good luck, I hope you hold on to it longer than I did.. :D
  • LOL thanks I hope I can keep going. I think it will be easier because I feel I have a huge edge at the 1c/2c PLO tables as it seems most of the people are Hold-em players who don't understand the game.

Anyway another quick update. I sat down at a new table and quickly dropped a buy-in ($1) when someone decided to call me all in with middle pair and a backdoor flush draw vs. my straight and they hit their flush. go figure

Than I rebuy and get a good run of cards and triple+ up in short order before my hot streak ran cold and I didn't get much from then on that table.

While I was waiting for cards I decided I wanted to 2-table these for a bit but there was only 1 table in the lobby with players so I sat at a new one and had one other person sit down. Anyway long story short he was a total PLO donk and dropped 2 buy-ins to me (he was also buying for $1) within 30 hands before others joined.

Up to $21.38 now after about 700 hands :D
  • Steve.693 wrote: »
    Ok, quick update

Suited Pair who did you get rakeback through?

RaketheRake but it seems the rake back percentage is 0%. I was wondering when they said VIP in the rate column what that would mean.
  • payperview wrote: »
    You get the $8 once you confirm 888 through your email address provided that you signed up

Man, i'm so brutal i cant even get the free 8 bucks. Filled out all the required information including a valid email add'y and still i'm getting the runaround.
    What gives?

I suppose in the end, this runaround email relationship i have with their 'support' is going to save me the monies.
  • Man, i'm so brutal i cant even get the free 8 bucks. Filled out all the required information including a valid email add'y and still i'm getting the runaround.
    What gives?

I suppose in the end, this runaround email relationship i have with their 'support' is going to save me the monies.

If you have ever had an id on 888 before then you can't get the free $8. However I got the free $10. with a $30. deposit. It does have play through requirements however.
  • I got $50 free at TruePoker. I had an old account at dragthebar.com and they gave me $50 on TP and a free month subscription.

Been downloading the PLO vids. :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    If you have ever had an id on 888 before then you can't get the free $8. However I got the free $10. with a $30. deposit. It does have play through requirements however.

No, i haven't had an account there before. I keep getting an email (which only further varifies that they do have my correct add'y) saying that the 8$ should be in my account next time i log in. I've had that email come 4x now and still nothing.

Anyway, i'm not likely to get it now as i just sent them a scathing email regarding their b.s and free money runaround. Means nothing to them i'm sure but one has to stand up for oneself.
  • In your email it tells ou where to click exactly. Make sure in your email address you click view all emails from this site. Then it may appear if you don't see it.
  • Got my $8, and proceeded to grind it down to $7.90 in my first session.