Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament

Hi All,
My soccer team is hosting a Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament to raise funds for the season.

Date: July 23rd, 2011
Tickets: $60 (includes buy-in and buffet dinner)
  • Tournament starts @ 8pm
  • Seating: 7:30pm
  • Dinner served @ 6:30pm
  • Grand Prize money: $1000.00
**Depending on the number of players we will payout top 6 finishers.**

Rebuys and top-ups until cut-off time!
Also, Cash games all night for players already eliminated from the tourney.

50/50 raffles and chances to win cash or prizes all night long!

This is a Fundraising event so we appreciate all your support while still trying to host a quality event.

PM me if you have anyquestions...Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Hi...first place is guaranteed at $1k?

How many people do you expect?
  • Athenaios wrote: »
    Hi...first place is guaranteed at $1k?

How many people do you expect?

Prize Money is guaranteed at $1K.
    Now the last time we had approximately 30 players and the final table participants decided to split the prize money 1st-$700/2nd-$200/3rd-$100. We are hoping for a larger turnout this time around but it is difficult to predict especially in the summer months.

I am not sure how many players we will have this time but the more players we get the more prize money we can offer to players that place at the final table.

This is a fundraising event for our soccer team.
  • okay...thanks
  • Where do the rebuy and top up $$'s go? Prize pool or soccer club?

The reason I'm asking is 30 people pay $60, so $1800 just from entries. Add rebuys and topups, I'm guessing another $400 to $500 depending on the crowd. If you're paying out <50% of total monies, at a 70/20/10 split, it doesn't make this a high interest tournament, but that's my opinion. I'm sure you get three or four tables regularily, and I haven't seen the blind format so I can't comment on how 'bingo-y' it would be, but I'm thinking the prize pool breakdown is abit too heavily weighted to make this of much interest to many of the regulars here.
  • ^ I appreciate the input, I was just referencing the last tournament we had where the players decided on that 700/200/100 as the prize pool breakdown. We as the host offer a grand prize of $1000 to the winner.
    The prize pool breakdown can be decided by the final table players, if there is now concensus then it remains $1000 to the winner. Please note that the $60 also includes a buffet dinner that must be paid for somehow so it is not the entire $60 that goes towards the pool plus due to the nature of the event there are also door prizes and giveaways all night.