Kitchener NL Hold'em July 9th 3:30PM

HPT-Event #33

Note-Please do not sign up for this tournament until you are positive that you are coming. Repeat offenders who cancel or do not show up, will not be able to pre-register in future tournaments.

No Limit Hold'em
9,000 in chips for $60 freezeout
25 min. blinds
Saturday July 9th
Doors Open at 3:00PM
Shuffle Up & Deal 3:30PM sharp & should run approx. 10 hours
40 players maximum and alternates (4 tables)
All disputes will be settled by Robert's Rules
.25/.50 NL cash game to follow($60 max buy-in)
Victoria St.-Natchez Rd. area in KITCHENER
Payout to top 6 for 40 player field (38-22-15-11-8-6)
BYOB/BYOS
Patience Factor 15.08 Skill Level 6

Players that pay their entry fee by 3:25PM, will receive an extra 1,000 chip

Due to the later start time, there will not be a supper break.

Late players: If you know you're going to be late, please phone and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive. Players that are late that haven't let me know will give up their seat to the next player on the waiting list. If there's no one left on the waiting list, late players may buy into the tournament during the first level (25 minutes). If you indicate you are going to be late and then don’t show up, you are still responsible for the entry fee.

Waiting List players: Players on the waiting list will fill no shows at the start of the tournament to a maximum of 40. The remaining players on the waiting list are alternates. When a player busts out, you have the option of joining the tournament at that point with a starting chip stack. If you have paid your entry fee by 3:25PM, you will receive an extra 1,000 chip.

Comments

• 1. Buzzzardd
    2. Eddie C.
    3. waltsfriend
    4. Ana
    5. Shopsy
    6. djgolfcan
    7. Kal K.
    8. Rick J.
    9. damanj16
    10. Rodney
    11. woog30
    12. Lori
    13. BIGBOB
    14. Little_Brother
    15. Lee
    16. David F.
    17. Steve W.
    18. sstar
    19. asxn557
    20. flash05
    21. June
    22. JohnnieH
    23. Dave R.
    24. JacNoK
    25. Bonnie S.
    26. folded
    27. getem76
  • In. Please.
  • Bigbob will be there
  • Im In ! Please sign me up Dave!
  • In Dave. Thanks.
  • Looks like this might be a smaller turn out then normal. If we stay at under 25 players, starting chip stacks are going to rise, probably to 20,000. Haven't played a deep stack with slow blinds in a long time. Should be fun.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Looks like this might be a smaller turn out then normal. If we stay at under 25 players, starting chip stacks are going to rise, probably to 20,000. Haven't played a deep stack with slow blinds in a long time. Should be fun.

Nice !!
  • me!!!!!
  • Cancel. My wife is making me go to some lame work party of hers. Ugh.
  • I'm new to the forum and interested in playing.

Jac
  • If you want to play for sure, let me know and I will PM you the address.
  • Great! Put me down as a definite and PM me the address. See you tomorrow.

Jac
  • I'm too late to make arrangements so I'll be free tomorrow (just joined this forum this morning, sorry), but I would be interested in any future tourneys, especially if they're deep stack with buyins under $100. With loser table STTs it would be fabulous.
  • gonna see if i can round up one or two extras Dave. Hope i can, and cya there
  • JacNoK wrote: »
    Great! Put me down as a definite and PM me the address. See you tomorrow.

Jac

PM sent. See you tomorrow.
  • Gawd let;s go 20 players so we go deep stacked.
  • i believe shopsy and i will be there.....
    (if you will have us Dave :) ....)

Sandy, please don't call your whole stack off again when i shove with AA
  • OMW dave, I think i will even be on time which is nice!!
  • I am sure anyone in the forum would back me up when I say the chances of you having AA when you shove are about 1 in 1000. How can I fold when you shove?
    folded wrote: »
    i believe shopsy and i will be there.....
    (if you will have us Dave :) ....)

Sandy, please don't call your whole stack off again when i shove with AA
  • He only had Kings when I called him in the cash game.:)
  • I guess I've technically paid already, just in case I'm a few minutes late. I will be there.

Sean
  • Thanks for the day of poker Dave. Always fun. Congrat's to whoever won it.

Sean
  • sstar wrote: »
    Thanks for the day of poker Dave. Always fun. Congrat's to whoever won it.

Sean

Dammit. I was routing for you Sean!
  • In his 31st attempt at victory, damanj16 has finally succeeded. John Dawe defeated asxn557 in a short headsup battle, to claim the title. He has only missed two tournaments ever and had come close numerous times.

Rick Hutchingson had his worst finish ever in his fourth try. After chopping, coming in second and coming in third, he plummetted all th way to fourth place. I hope the slump doesn't last too long for him.

With folded, Shopsy, Kal and Rick Johnson in the cash game, it was CRAZY. We all thanked waltsfriend for dealing, by letting her be the biggest winner in the game. Of course in her words, " I've only really won one hand."

JacNoK made his debut here and ended up making some money with his 5th place finish.

Due to Westside screwing with my schedule and me having a golf tournament the day before, I am not going to have my August 13th tournament. Instead of the tournament, a number of players have asked me to have a cash game that night. I haven't decided for sure, but will let you know a week before.

Next tournament will be Saturday September 10th at 3:30. See you all then.

Unofficial Results

30. Lee
    29. Little_Brother
    28. Dave R.
    27. Kal K.
    26. Buzzzardd
    25. flash05
    24. waltsfriend
    23. Rick J.
    22. Ana
    21. David F.
    20. Dan
    19. DRJOHNNYNITRO
    18. BIGBOB
    17. Rodney
    16. Shopsy
    15. Eddie C.
    14. Bonnie S.
    13. woog30
    12. Lori
    11. JohnnieH
    10. Steve W.
    9. djgolfcan
    8. June
    7. folded
    6. sstar ($110)
    5. JacNoK ($140)
    4. Rick H. ($200)
    3. getem76 ($270)
    2. asxn557 ($400)
    1. damanj16 ($680)
  • Gratz John, it was alot of fun, thanks everyone...nice running good at the start, still fun when running stone cold for what felt like 2 hours HA, thats poker
  • Dave - thanks for putting on a great tournament. I really enjoyed myself, met lots of great people, and finishing the money was icing on the cake. I've pencilled in the September date and hope to make it.

Jac (aka "Stratford")
  • Jac (aka "Stratford")[/QUOTE]

"what are ya doing there STRATFORD!!!"
    still funny every time you put on the gas
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    With folded, Shopsy, Kal and Rick Johnson in the cash game, it was CRAZY. We all thanked waltsfriend for dealing, by letting her be the biggest winner in the game. Of course in her words, " I've only really won one hand."

I am being misquoted here. I said that I only won one hand in the tournament - stole the blinds once in the 4th level. I think I won two or three hands in the cash game. After looking at crap for two or three hours, my favourite hand was when there was some random straddle on ($8 I think), and I looked down and saw the two red aces - and they held up. My least favourite hand was when there was a $25 straddle and I looked down at pocket threes on the button. I threw them away, and everyone else folded too. Cory scooped the 75 cents from the blinds and then flipped over queens. I rabbit-hunted, and would have flopped a set. I think CRAZY is a bit of an understatement for the nature of the game.

It was fun as always Dave. Congratulations on your win John.