What is your fave 2 starting cards?

What is your fave 2 starting cards? and Why? :biggrin:

Comments

• The ones that end up winning in the end. Why? Because they just won :) No, seriously. A pair of 7's. Easy to get away from and very easy to trap with if you hit. I find this to be somewhat of a no brainer hand when you limp in preflop with them. Hit=trap, miss=fold.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    The ones that end up winning in the end. Why? Because they just won :) No, seriously. A pair of 7's. Easy to get away from and very easy to trap with if you hit. I find this to be somewhat of a no brainer hand when you limp in preflop with them. Hit=trap, miss=fold.

stp
    sounds good :biggrin:

i agree the ones that end up winning :biggrin:

i like AA, KK, AKs, & QQ as much as i hate them when they get cracked :tongue:
  • 89 they fly under the radar.
    when you hit the flop no one will put you on it and you can be reasonble sure no one else hit.
    I find when you make a straight you get paid off well.

dont get me wrong ill take aces over 89 anyday put its a hand i will usally play and come in for a raise with it.
  • I'm a big fan of A,x or K,x suited, but only in no limit. I've been getting a lot of pots with them lately. They're alot like the aforementioned pocket 7's. You see the flop for cheap. If it misses you toss it, but if it hits, you can usually make alot on it.
  • Aa,kk,ak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • There is still absolutely nothing like the feeling of squeezing out two Aces. It never gets old. Favourite "interesting possibilities" hand to play is probably JTs.
  • I really love JTs.
  • Iron wrote:
    There is still absolutely nothing like the feeling of squeezing out two Aces. It never gets old. Favourite "interesting possibilities" hand to play is probably JTs.

JT is a hand i almost have to be forced to play.
    i find nothing but trouble with this hand, unless you make a straight with it your hoping and praying no one had A10,AJ,K10,KJ,QJ,Q10,JJ,1010
    and then your gonna call down the person with the better hand because you kickers not that bad.

JT costs me nothing but money
  • I like playing aces, rockets, bullets, etc. :)

As far as a hand that I have a soft spot for, I would have to say black pocket threes...mainly because I flopped quad threes twice in one month when holding black pocket threes! Luckily, I haven't started thinking it's a "lucky hand" and therefore I am able to only play them in the right situations...you know, MP after two raises ;)
  • AK suited! it gives you so many options! Straight, Flush and a high kicker. Although it's up for debate! Depending on position, if you know your opponents! it's usually a killer!

budhab
  • well since poker is about making money, my favorite hand for no limit is AA...it wins more often than any other hand and makes the most money than any other hand

sure it gets cracked every once in awhile, but even JTs gets cracked sometimes when you flop a big hand :P