TY Blackmagicz for BAPs now send him to the Main Event - Details Inside

Ladies and Gents.....here is what you have been waiting for, the MAIN EVENT. I have had literally everyone and their monkey's uncle tell me I need to go play...after much consideration I have decided to put out the interest level. Here is the thing, I am going to be a little bit of an ass...hopefully this doesn't come out bad via the forum (as most of you know me in person and I never want to upset anyone)

I would like to do a BAP package for the Main Event Day 1C, but I want the BAP to cover my flight/hotel (initially). If I don't make the BAP requirement I won't be able to do it. But I am assuming I should get enough response.

So here is what I am thinking I would like to do:

Flight 500.00
My life in vegas (hotel/food/water/run good wizard payment etc) - 2000.00

So total cost of my package will be 12,500 (USA/CDN equivalent = same for me)

Sold out at 1.25 mark up (to cover associated 2500.00 costs)
Reserved inquiry so far:

Steve Kerr - Swap 5%
CrazyCoby - Swap 5%
Live Request - 25%
Pudge - 35%
Westside - 2%
DennisG - 7%
Hobbes - 1%
Str82ace - 1%
T8urmoney - 3%

I know that this request may seem a bit much (asking for flight/hotel/food) to be covered as part of the percentage but I believe I have been more than fair with my current BAPs (2 for 2 including 2 final tables) and I have done my best to return as much as I can. I want this trip back to vegas to be sort of a "thank you blackmagic main event ticket"

This will be my largest buy in ever to an event and never would I have paid for this in my life...similarly to the Venetian 2100.00. I am a bankroll/life nit.

So guys please let's sell this BAP out and send me to the Main Event....

Comments

• 2% booked
  • I will roll my BAP over to take whatever % that works out to..or can add on up to 10%?
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I will roll my BAP over to take whatever % that works out to..or can add on up to 10%?

You get 7% for 900, 10% for 1250....so anything you want is fine with me. Kirk "Pudge" Caldwell is basically there to swallow the rest up as he told me in vegas.
  • You get 7% for 900, 10% for 1250....so anything you want is fine with me. Kirk "Pudge" Caldwell is basically there to swallow the rest up as he told me in vegas.

Ok, lets just leave it at 7%..7% of 5 million (after tax) is still an alright deal..
  • 1% for me
  • Do you know what day you will start? I am thinking on coming for a few days possibly. have to be back before the 9th though dammit..
  • 1% for now please, might bump it up later though if possible.
  • I would like to do a BAP package for the Main Event Day 1C, but I want the BAP to cover my flight/hotel (initially).

So here is what I am thinking I would like to do:

Flight 500.00
    My life in vegas (hotel/food/water/run good wizard payment etc) - 2000.00

So total cost of my package will be 12,500 (USA/CDN equivalent = same for me)

No problem here, easier just to say you're selling @ 1.25 markup
    There is also one other stipulation.....I leave 10% for myself (even if I do sell out ie, there is a slight mark up if I sell out...) but I am selling 100% of my action here (so effectively PFC gets 90% if I get 100%)....

This is where I'm a little confused.....if you want 10% of yourself, probly easier to put the markup @ 1.39 (which is very high, but for those of us that profited well from you, probly not an issue). That way, you reserve 10% for yourself, and can still collect 12.51K for the remaining 90%.

I'll take 3% (however you're doing the final numbers is fine by me)
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Do you know what day you will start? I am thinking on coming for a few days possibly. have to be back before the 9th though dammit..

He said he's playing Day 1c, which is Saturday July 9th:(
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    No problem here, easier just to say you're selling @ 1.25 markup

This is where I'm a little confused.....if you want 10% of yourself, probly easier to put the markup @ 1.39 (which is very high, but for those of us that profited well from you, probly not an issue). That way, you reserve 10% for yourself, and can still collect 12.51K for the remaining 90%.

I'll take 3% (however you're doing the final numbers is fine by me)

Yeah good point...I'll remove the 10% and put in myself....no worries....(I am still trying to figure this stuff out)

Thanks for the assist!
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    He said he's playing Day 1c, which is Saturday July 9th:(

haha...maybe I should open my eyes! Ty. yeah...dammit. I have to run the Big Slick finals that weekend...maybe a quick trip down to watch the last few tables into the November 9 is in order then...
  • How much was your previous bap worth? Might just let it ride
  • actyper wrote: »
    how much was your previous bap worth? Might just let it ride

1% = $180
  • go go go
  • Finished Day 1 with 18K.....the Main Event has to be one of the most frustrating tournaments I have ever played. There are so many bad players I felt like puking several times yesterday. Ex...5 mins before we bag chips a guy with 80k punts off his stack with a8 on a 734 board only to get called by jj.

But myself and Crazycoby are off to Day 2. I will try to give a quick write up when I get on my laptop.
  • Make sure to visit Gamblor the rungood wizard :D
  • gg Ted

For those not on twitter KQ < 9T
    KQ9T .... and hits 4 outer on the river for the suckout. :(
  • Thanks guys for all the support....I will post a trip report on Wed when I get back to toronto. The last hand of my WSOP was as follows:

My stack size is 20K (I had chipped up from 18K) blinds were 250-500 50 ante. I raise utg with KdQd to 1175. I get called by 3 people, the aggro euro and an internet kid. Flop KhQc9d . I lead out with 2650 bet. I get called by both players. So now the pot is at 13kish and I have 17K behind. On the turn is a 10s. I lead out this time for 9450 and one guy folds and the aggro Italian re-raises me all in, instantly. I sit for about 2 1/2mins and decide what I am going to do. Here is my thought process:

Possible holdings - obv J , maybe a set? , 2 pair?

Deduction - So I open utg which for the most part has been working quite well at our table for the last 20 mins, it has been respected and the Italian guy has been basically been a calling station. He had a wack of chips to start and donkd some of them away in bluffs and opening then getting 3-bet'd. So I didn't really give him credit for much.

I take away AJ out of his range of hands as he is 3rd caller in with my UTG raise and at this point because the tighter player flat'd me in position I figure he would want to isolate one of us. Then I take away JX from his range of hands because I am pretty sure there would be more action on the flop if he had a combo draw (knowing that I am pretty short and there was a flat of my c-bet).

The speed at which he put the 20K in led me to believe he wanted to rep the Jack and figured I would fold? At that point I would have still had some chips, but overall I just think he put me on some 1 pair hand and didn't realize how strong I was (basically leveled myself by betting out 2 pair on the flop) At this point I think back to my initial thought of this entire tournament....DONKAMENT.

I call...he flips over 910 and i show kq...he gives me this queezy look and says "I put you on AK"...(OBV everyone who raises utg in the WSOP ME has AK) and river hits the 9 and I leave.

All in all I don't think I could have played the hand any differently. I did get suggestions to fold pre as I could wait for a better spot, or shove flop....either way I was happy with my first Main Event and 10K buy in experience and I thank everyone for their support.
  • "I put you on AK"...standard donk comment

Well done BM! You got in with the best and got unlucky.
  • Don't fold pre or shove flop, that's super results oriented. Definitely check the turn though, although someone did make an absurdly bad shove with a worse hand I think vs. most people you're turning your hand into a bluff and only getting action from better hands. If you do bet, it should only be with a really solid read and not with the intention of calling a shove 99% of the time. GG though, unlucky!
  • Thanks Vekked....I look forward to your seminar. Gotta always keep learning from the best!