New Pokerstars Saturdays

saturday-header.jpg

The Saturday Line-Up is Here!

On June 25 the Saturday Line-Up launches, a brand new schedule of major tournaments that will run every week. There are seven tournaments in total, with buy-ins ranging from $2.22 to $55, and each with a guarantee of at least $20,000. Saturdays will never be the same again!

Saturday Line-Up Schedule

satm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can find the Saturday Line-Up tournaments in the PokerStars lobby by selecting the ‘Tourney’ & ‘Special’ tabs. You can find them quickly by typing ‘Saturday’ into the Tourney Filter.

You can qualify for all of the Saturday Line-Up events for less via satellite tournaments, so check the PokerStars lobby for more details.

No Lose Special Offer

The first Saturday Line-Up is going to be a huge day of action, and it’s unmissable thanks to the special 'No Lose' offer. If you bust out of any of the June 25 Saturday Line-Up tourneys before making the money, you’ll get a free ticket to try that tournament again!

So if you haven’t experienced the excitement of playing a major tournament at PokerStars yet, this is the perfect way to start. You can choose from various Texas Hold’em games, plus Omaha, and the range of buy-ins are suitable for all levels of players.

NOTE Players are only eligible for one No Lose ticket. If you do not cash in more than one Saturday Line-Up tourney, you’ll receive a ticket for the highest value event you played, e.g. if you played all seven, and failed to cash in any, you’ll get a single No Lose Ticket for the Saturday Omaha worth $55. The free No Lose ticket must be used by July 16.

Comments

• Pretty good but so early!! The No Lose Special Offer is awesome though
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    Pretty good but so early!! The No Lose Special Offer is awesome though

+1 def gonna take a shot at the $55 PLO. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    +1 def gonna take a shot at the $55 PLO. :D

Yeah, real happy about a 30k gtd PLO....not real happy about the 7am start time for me.

Friday's will be for drinking no more.
  • Oddly, I dig the early start time. I realize they're trying to get more Europeans involved, thus it will be around a 2-4pm start time for them (I think). For me, I like the idea of getting up, playing a tourney and then the better half gets up to find out I've won $8000 :)
  • 4am start time for me...fml. A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do though...
  • really glad I got up early for this today...considering it is next week. fml.
  • dennisg wrote: »
    really glad i got up early for this today...considering it is next week. Fml.

:):):):)
  • What does 3x mean? You can play three entries in same tourney?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    What does 3x mean? You can play three entries in same tourney?

That's 3 x Turbo....ie. Super Turbo rebuy. Need anywhere from 3-30 buyins for these....fyi
  • da 3x turbo jus means reggy is open 3x longer then usual
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    That's 3 x Turbo....ie. Super Turbo rebuy. Need anywhere from 3-30 buyins for these....fyi

So you need about 60 bucks? I am just gonna borrow BM's Norse rungood for the day...he should be done with it by then.
    da 3x turbo jus means reggy is open 3x longer then usual
    means it is 3x faster blind structure than usual I think...
  • naw, tha 3x means in this case rebuys r allowed for longer

has nothin ta do wit blinds and tha speed they increase still just a reg turbo
  • naw, tha 3x means in this case rebuys r allowed for longer

has nothin ta do wit blinds and tha speed they increase still just a reg turbo

Wrong, when rebuy is over (1.5 hrs or so), double rebuy will give you just over 1bb....no way that's a regular turbo.

Means blinds are 3x as fast as normal.
  • You're both kind of right. In these tourneys, when stars uses 3-x, it refers to the fact the rebuy period is 3x longer than a normal turbo rebuy. So the rebuy period is 90 minutes long. In addition to the longer rebuy period, the levels also increase at a turbo rate.
  • Thanks for clearing that up, fellas.
  • You're both kind of right. In these tourneys, when stars uses 3-x, it refers to the fact the rebuy period is 3x longer than a normal turbo rebuy. So the rebuy period is 90 minutes long. In addition to the longer rebuy period, the levels also increase at a turbo rate.

What he said. blinds are still same structure, but goes up at turbo (which is 5 minutes). A turbo rebuy usually has the rebuy period of 30 minutes (6 levels), 2x means 60 minutes (12 levels) and 3x means 90 minutes (18 levels). For 3x - I have had ones where I got to add-on with just initial buy-in and 1 rebuy, or I've also experienced oens where I've spent an additional 50+ rebuys just from the last 6 levels. I double-rebuy each time, where I think you can argue when blinds get enormous it might make more sense to single rebuy, but I haven't done adaquate research and studying to be able to argue for single vs. double