Omaha Nirvana

While i didn't get the kind of action i wanted (my fault for driving people out by raising pre-flop)

Count the made hands and draws i have with this hand ... it actually took me a second to comprehend the enormity of my hand.

***** Hand History for Game 1472376574 *****
$1/$2 Omaha Hi - Saturday, January 22, 01:32:53 EDT 2005
Table Screw driver (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: CABCALLY ( $52 )
Seat 4: GPoli ( $58.75 )
Seat 8: JMH45 ( $112.25 )
Seat 9: george178 ( $11 )
Seat 7: nkapoor ( $61.75 )
Seat 5: fnstein ( $46 )
Seat 3: Bonesteen ( $0 )
Seat 6: KLAllen ( $57.5 )
Seat 2: CrapPro ( $20 )
Seat 10: getmeashot ( $30 )
CABCALLY posts small blind [$0.5].
CrapPro posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to nkapoor [ Ah Ac Jd Qd ]
Bonesteen has left the table.
GPoli folds.
fnstein calls [$1].
KLAllen calls [$1].
nkapoor raises [$2].
JMH45 folds.
george178 folds.
CABCALLY calls [$1.5].
CrapPro calls [$1].
fnstein calls [$1].
KLAllen calls [$1].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, Th, Kd ]
CABCALLY checks.
CrapPro bets [$1].
fnstein calls [$1].
KLAllen folds.
nkapoor calls [$1].
CABCALLY folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
CrapPro checks.
fnstein checks.
nkapoor bets [$2].
CrapPro calls [$2].
fnstein folds.
** Dealing River ** [ 8c ]
CrapPro checks.
nkapoor bets [$2].
CrapPro calls [$2].
nkapoor shows [ Ah, Ac, Jd, Qd ] a flush, ace high.
CrapPro doesn't show [ Qs, 6s, Kh, 3h ] two pairs, kings and sixes.
nkapoor wins $20 from the main pot with a flush, ace high.
what a hand
CABCALLY has left the table.

To summarize Flopped
Top Set (Trip Aces)
The Nut Straight
Nut Flush Draw
Gutshot Royal Flush Draw

If someone can give me a probable way of losing this hand (outside of someone making quads) i would love to know

Comments

• ugh, omaha hi? limit omaha hi? strange choice of games!
  • my best for Omaha Hi limit is a $82 pot in 1-2 limit (full ring) and i flopped set of tens, river boated me, capped on eavery street (cept think turn was 3 bet) but it was capped preflop/flop by 6 ppl
    it was a nice hand :)
  • My best Omaha hi experience is when I played for over an hour and was up $25 and the whole time I thought I was playing Omaha hi/lo (when I lost a pot with the "nut low" I kind of realized something was wrong) ;) .
  • I've had quads, and lots of other things, just for some reason that hand really amused me ... it wasn't becuase it was a big pot, or others were betting like idiots ... I just found it to be such a great moment. Looking at a hand that was all but guaranteed to be the nuts, at the end. I had flopped the nuts, but also had all the other backup potential nuts covered. I was going to make the best full house and the best flush if either of those 'scare' cards came.

It just felt nice after 2-3 seconds once i took full stock and realized what great shape i was in.
  • Nothing wrong with raising preflop, and why not raise on the flop? Remember, even being Omaha, this is low-limit. We can see from just this hand alone that CrapPro is not going to fold for any number of bets on any street. He is calling you (and even bet once?!) with complete trash on every street here. "No fancy plays."

You could only lose this hand to quads or a running straight flush in hearts.

Actually, the only hand you can have on the flop in holdem (Texas or Omaha) where it is possible to have the immortal nuts is a straight flush.*

ScottyZ

*One such that making a higher straight flush is not possible.