Fold to the raise?

So I'm playing some low stakes NL.

I'm dealt AJ diamonds and the guy to my right raises $2 preflop. He's been doing this quite a bit and I take him to be a fairly loose agressive player. I call and the flop comes Ks 5d 3d.

He checks and I check behind him for the free card. Turn is a 2c not the diamond I'm looking for but now I have a gutshot straight draw & the nutflush draw. He bets out $4 (theres $6 total in the pot).

I did end up calling knowing if I did hit it would pay off, he's been very aggresivly betting and calling almost anything. The river is an 8d giving me the nuts. I did end up getting him all in for another $50 as he turned up a set of 3's and then began giving it to me for getting rivered.

I know the money isn't a huge amount but was me calling a raise of 75% of the pot on a nutflush/gutshot str8 draw a horrible call? How should have I played that hand?

Comments

• I think you played it exactly right, and probably better than many players would.

Your opponent is clueless.

ScottyZ
  • with your read on him, i think it was a fair call
  • I think the key thing, was your belief that you would get paid off ... that's the key part