July 24th Golf/Poker Tournament

It is in London, Ontario - golf in the morning, poker after golf.

For more information, visit, Chips and Putts - for the Gift of Life

It's a fundraiser, supposed to be fun and for charity.

Comments

• Got this from the rules page. Looks like fun. I can vouch for the course, one of my favourites. I will very likely try to clear room in my schedule to play it, if any others here want to join me for a group let me know.

gift-of-life-logo.jpg Chips and Putts
    for the Gift of Life lhsc-logo.gifHome Registration
    Information
    Sponsorship
    Opportunities
    Contact Us Charities Rules

pic.jpg
    spacer.gifGolf
    For the golf it is really easy. What you shoot is what you get.

After the round is over. All of the scores will be ranked from lowest to highest and points will be assigned based on the scoring chart.

If there is a tie for the lowest score. There will be a chipping contest on the 18th hole for all of the tied scores.

If during the round a golfer hits there ball out of bounds or loses a ball, it is stroke and distance. So drop your replacement ball as close as possible to where your ball goes out of bounds or where the ball is lost. Don't forget your penalty stroke.

Poker
    For the poker tournament, we will be playing Texas Hold'em.

Every person will be starting with $720 in poker chips. Points will be based upon when a person is eliminated from the poker tournament. Player has $0 in poker chips.

Here is a chart with the blind levels and lengths:
    Time in Blinds Minutes Small Big Start 5 10 20 10 20 40 25 50 60 50 100 80 100 200 100 200 400 120 400 800 140 600 1,200 160 1,200 2,400 180 2,500 5,000

*** This information could change prior to the start of the tournament *** spacer.gif

Hard to tell without proper spacing. 20 minute blinds starting at 5/10
  • I might be interested in going Mr. Mole. Firerock is a great course and I can probably win enough off of you in the golf, to pay for my day.:)
  • If during the round a golfer hits there ball out of bounds or loses a ball, it is stroke and distance. So drop your replacement ball as close as possible to where your ball goes out of bounds or where the ball is lost. Don't forget your penalty stroke.

This doesn't make sense. First they tell you it is stroke and distance, then they tell you it isn't. Not that I'd have to worry about it anyways.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I might be interested in going Mr. Mole. Firerock is a great course and I can probably win enough off of you in the golf, to pay for my day.:)

I was thinking you've taken enough off me in the past to pay both our entries into this.
  • I'll have the organizer clarify the rule. In past golf tournaments he has run, it was a drop where the ball goes out of bounds, one stroke penalty. Its a pace of play measure, instead of guys walking back to the tee if they lose their ball.

I think he is just a little confused on the terminology.
  • Only a few days away.