Daniel Nestor - most underrated Canadian ?

All this guy does is take whoever his partner is and gets to Grand Slam Finals. He's won 7 (including the 2011 French Open) grand slam titles with 3 or 4 different partners.

Why is there not much mention of him when great Canadian Athletes are discussed ?

Comments

• djgolfcan wrote: »
    All this guy does is take whoever his partner is and gets to Grand Slam Finals. He's won 7 (including the 2011 French Open) grand slam titles with 3 or 4 different partners.

Why is there not much mention of him when great Canadian Athletes are discussed ?

cause he plays mens doubles... the highest caliber players stick to singles
  • cause he plays mens doubles... the highest caliber players stick to singles

Doubles tennis is a completely different game than singles. Federer and Nadal as a team would be in tough against Daniel and ?????.
  • Because this is not a "sporting" nation, it is a HOCKEY hation. More's the pity, too . . .
  • Yeah, he's good. I believe he won an Olympic gold medal as well. I watch him whenever he's on. And he's Serbian, didn't know that.

Doubles is just too low profile I guess.

But, no scandals, always classy and wins quite a bit.
    His 73 doubles titles make him the second most decorated champion among active doubles players, and third all time. He is the only player in tennis history to have won all four Grand Slams, all of the Masters Series events, the Year End Championships and Olympic gold medal in doubles at least once.

Daniel Nestor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia