$750k GTD - Interest

The buy in for this tourney is $216 but I only want to spend $50 of my own money. So that leaves $176 to be sold ($180 for rounding).

Backers get 70% of profit - I get 30%

Shares are $1.80 each (1%) - all shares must be sold to play

Comments

• When do you need to know? Interested for 5-10% range . . .
  • 10% how do you want it?
  • Hey guys, I'm going to wait until next Sunday (June 5). Give some folks time to sign up for it. Money doesn't need to be shipped until that day.

Looks like 30% sold so far.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    The buy in for this tourney is $216 but I only want to spend $50 of my own money. So that leaves $176 to be sold ($180 for rounding).

Backers get 70% of profit - I get 30%

Shares are $1.80 each (1%) - all shares must be sold to play

Just to clarify. The way you have worded this, when backers are splitting profit, they must also get their original stake back before the profit is divided otherwise a min case could actually lead to the backers not getting all their $ back.

I can explain a bit more later if needed.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Just to clarify. The way you have worded this, when backers are splitting profit, they must also get their original stake back before the profit is divided otherwise a min case could actually lead to the backers not getting all their $ back.

I can explain a bit more later if needed.

Please do! I was thinking of doing the same thing as DJ, and I think I am a lil confused about it, don't want to derail DJ's thread or anything.:)
  • When you split "profit", you subtract the buy-ins before you figure out the percentage. Then each backer gets their % + the amount invested.

when you split winnings it's a straight percentage with subtracting the buy-ins. There can be a slight difference in the amounts paid back.

If you are simply selling a portion (say 40%) of your action then you can just base it on winnings. Since dj is selling at a 70/30 split for backers without putting up 30% of his own, then you need to calculate the profit and add the amount each backer paid to arrive at the payouts.
    When you split "profit", you subtract the buy-ins before you figure out the percentage. Then each backer gets their % + the amount invested.

when you split winnings it's a straight percentage with subtracting the buy-ins. There can be a slight difference in the amounts paid back.

If you are simply selling a portion (say 40%) of your action then you can just base it on winnings. Since dj is selling at a 70/30 split for backers without putting up 30% of his own, then you need to calculate the profit and add the amount each backer paid to arrive at the payouts.

Thanks. :)

Also to stay with the thread, goooooooooooooo DJ!:wink2:
  • Yes, the buy in will be paid back first, to everyone, then the profits are split 70/30. Should I do it the other way ?
    Yes, the buy in will be paid back first, to everyone, then the profits are split 70/30. Should I do it the other way ?

No that's fine. Just wanted to be sure everything was clear.

The technical jargon is 70/30 + Stakeback. :)
  • In for 5% . . . FIRM. Will go to 10% if needed to fill the gap.
  • Hobbes are you getting in on this? Should we be rolling our 12K BAP into this?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Hobbes are you getting in on this? Should we be rolling our 12K BAP into this?

I'm doing both of them.
  • I've got a whopping $4.25 in my FT account.

I'll take 2% for now, can I buy more depending on how you finish the 12K staking experiment?

EDIT: I'll take more if I can pay someone in P* money.
    I've got a whopping $4.25 in my FT account.

I'll take 2% for now, can I buy more depending on how you finish the 12K staking experiment?

EDIT: I'll take more if I can pay someone in P* money.

I can handle the transaction for you.
    I can handle the transaction for you.

Cool, book me for 10%
  • Shipped all 10%.

Are we only up to 40%?
  • I will take 10%
  • Does this have to be an FTP transfer, or can I ship on Stars? If FTP only, I will have to ask for a Stars for FTP transfer from someone . . .

Please advise.

Also . . . screw it, I'm down for 10%, just to keep it simple.
  • Yes, I will need the funds shipped on Full Tilt. I am sure someone can help you out.

50% sold so far. Don't ship until we have all 100% reserved.
    Yes, I will need the funds shipped on Full Tilt. I am sure someone can help you out.

50% sold so far. Don't ship until we have all 100% reserved.

I'm willing to bump mine by 5% if everyone else is. That will get us to 70%
  • Make mine 15%
    Make mine 15%

+1
  • Okay, 15% for me, too then. STR82ACE, can you ship FTP for my 15% if I send to you on Stars tonight?
  • np

Devon, transfer made for myself and Milo. Milo, go ahead and transfer to my P* account
  • Okay, once I see that this is a go, I will transfer 15% to you on Stars. Thanks.
  • Str82Ace - 15% - already paid (see, can't follow instructions, lol)
    Milo - 15% - already paid
    Hobbes - 15% - reserved
    JohnnieH - 15% - reserved
    Wolfhound - 10% - reserved

For those on the fence, I have made money for every backer / stake I have taken on this site.
  • Stars handle, AJ?
  • Shipped the extra 5% to Hobbes.

I assume we're ago now?
    Shipped the extra 5% to Hobbes.

I assume we're a go now?

We're still only at 70% ($126) of the $180 needed. I will make up some of the difference if needed.